Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47102 - 01/15/13 06:01 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: goofanader]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: goofanader
Thirding Kaiji!

Here's some more to add to the list:
Kaiba
Dennou Coil
TrapezeMy interest is piqued.
My Ordinary Life/Nichijou: Already has an English sub from Crunchyroll, who simulcasted it. It was going to be licensed by Bandai, but then they exited the anime business...I'm on the fence... but it looks too cute unyuu, aw heck; it's been compared to Azu Dai so I'm in.
Gosick: The same thing happened with Gosick, and it also has an English sub on Crunchyroll. However, both series are rather expensive, so I dunno if Lucky Penny would get it.Shinku-esque loli... I'm in.
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Macross Frontier: If it's only an English sub, this would work really well. You wouldn't have to re-dub all the songs and only have to time the songs, so this would work for Lucky Penny. I don't know how expensive the series is, though, so it might not be Lucky Penny's thing.Anything Macross, I'm in.
Yuru Yuri: Considering they've already licensed Aoi Hana, another yuri title, this anime would probably be the most likely to be licensed by Lucky Penny compared to the rest on this list.Oh, I'm in.
Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei: This would be a nightmare to subtitle, but might as well get my hopes up!I've read too many reviews about how hilarious this one is. I'm in.
Welcome to the Space ShowMy interest is piqued in this one as well. Anything that takes me back to my childhood like "Stand By Me", "Explorers", and "The Goonies" is pure win.

I can't really think of anymore, but these are the shows that I've been wanting to be licensed in the States. I'm not really sure how many of these are exactly Lucky Penny's thing, but might as well try. smile

Advertisement
#47103 - 01/15/13 06:08 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: LordGeo
As for Familiar of Zero, Sentai has Season 4 so there's a fair chance that they'll license rescue Season 1 & then do Seasons 2 & 3 as well.
My completist tendencies might preclude me from diving into the Louise-verse, if Sentai did not also release seasons 1 - 3; in addition to season 4. However; if they release all of it, I'm a shoe in.

#47112 - 01/15/13 07:03 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
Aceofwar Offline
UPSF Ensign

I wasn't aware that Sentai owned the 4th season, which is odd might I add. Hopefully they wont put off its release too long like they have with all of the other good titles they licensed early 2012.

#47182 - 01/16/13 08:10 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: goofanader]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: goofanader
Macross Frontier: If it's only an English sub, this would work really well. You wouldn't have to re-dub all the songs and only have to time the songs, so this would work for Lucky Penny. I don't know how expensive the series is, though, so it might not be Lucky Penny's thing.

Lawyer costs to unravel the Macross/Robotech rights disputes for the western world would probably sink Nozomi/Lucky Penny...
Maybe someone as big as for ex. Warner Brothers could bully their way through that mess, but I don't see them investing in something that 99% sure won't recap them their lawyer + licencing + production costs...

#47190 - 01/16/13 10:40 PM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: LordGeo]
GaijinKing Offline
UPSF Ensign

I like Right Stuf's release of the Yamamoto Yohko OVA, and I'd like to see the 26-episode TV series brought over here.

#47199 - 01/17/13 03:42 AM Re: Lucky Penny License Requests 2013 [Re: GaijinKing]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: GaijinKing
I like Right Stuf's release of the Yamamoto Yohko OVA, and I'd like to see the 26-episode TV series brought over here.

Oh, yes, that TV series would be an instabuy for me. (I saw some Yamamoto Yohko at a convention long ago, bought the DVD thinking it was what I had watched and got annoyed that it was only some side stories/specials to the series I had watched at that convention...)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.