Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#36632 - 04/22/12 12:16 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just pulled out HOTD Volume 4 and 5.

Volume 4 ends with Act 17 The Sword And The Dead
Which tells of when Seako tells Takeshi she was a "monster" before They appeared. Which the anime places out of place. I can go into more about this if you would like, but it is spoilers to both the Anime and Manga. I would like to stay away from that.

Volume 5 starts with Act 18 Legend Of The Dead
Which is them meeting the people in the Mall, which the anime ends with them reaching it.

Edit: I will discuss a spoiler in it.
Click to reveal..
Volume 5 covers all their mall time and ends with them getting ready to leave, so no way is it in the anime. Volume 6 covers them leaving and deals with some side characters mainly that they meet at the mall.

Edited by Cheap One (04/22/12 12:24 PM)
Edit Reason: put in the spoilers

Advertisement
#36633 - 04/22/12 12:30 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Just pulled out HOTD Volume 4 and 5.

Volume 4 ends with Act 17 The Sword And The Dead
Which tells of when Seako tells Takeshi she was a "monster" before They appeared. Which the anime places out of place. I can go into more about this if you would like, but it is spoilers to both the Anime and Manga. I would like to stay away from that.

Volume 5 starts with Act 18 Legend Of The Dead
Which is them meeting the people in the Mall, which the anime ends with them reaching it.

I see! The anime rearranges scenes and adds some addition content (fluff) for the end.

#36634 - 04/22/12 12:38 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Anime doesn't add anything. It just changes when Seako and Takeshi go on their own. The OVA is not in the mange though, in less it is a bonus in Volume 7. I wished the anime would have used Rei's cosplay bonus.

#36651 - 04/22/12 05:41 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Vata Raven]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm not ready to count HOTD out yet for another season, considering how wildy popular it was; and for good reason. I'm still using all my willpower to stave off getting that naughty naughty graphic novel omnibus 1-4.

#36885 - 04/27/12 01:10 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Now reading Yotsuba, just cause it's even more funny & cute than Azumanga Daioh was (IMO).

Still kinda irritated that Mr. Azuma won't let anybody even try to do a Yotsuba anime. Apparently he said nobody would "get it" due to the rather long parts of just staring at the sky, or other non-activities.

I mean just look at Lucky Star, the whole first episode is pretty much nothing but them talking about how to eat a chocolate coronet.
That show was popular, and it has very liitle action.

#36963 - 04/29/12 04:24 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Currently have issues to read of
Arisa
Oh My Goddess
Kekkashi
S.A.
Rosario Vampire: Season II
Pastel

Also recently collected
Jinki Extend

#37798 - 05/18/12 10:21 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Got in and read Omamori Himari vol 7 today.

It has some nice progress with Yuuto as a demon slayer. Also I like the new girl they added to his harem.

#37995 - 05/23/12 11:52 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Finished Yotsuba, now I guess I will just wait like the rest of us for volume 11. Which comes out in September (so almost a year apart from the last volume).

Seriously this is why so many people do the whole illegal viewing thing.

#39595 - 07/07/12 03:12 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I just got done reading an excellent 2-volume manga by Jiro Taniguchi called A Distant Neighborhood. It's about a 48-year-old business man on a business trip who, after getting drunk one night, gets on the wrong train the next day and ends up going to the town he grew up in. With some time to kill before the train back he goes to look at the place he grew up, then goes to his mother's grave. Suddenly he is transported back in time to his 14-year-old self, several months before his father abandoned his family and disappeared. Although now a 14-year-old student, he retains his memories and tries to find out why his father left and whether there is a way to prevent it.

Taniguchi is one of my favorite artists and here he shows he is also a very good writer. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for something more mature and thought-provoking in manga.

#39642 - 07/07/12 10:10 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Sounds like an interesting read. Since RightStuf is having a YenPress sale. I would highly recommend using it to pick up Until Death Do Us Part.

It has a nice story about a little girl who can predict things. Who finds herself in some sticky places because of that and the main male character becomes like her bodyguard.

Edited by Cheap One (07/08/12 09:35 PM)

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.