Start Shopping! Cart
Page 52 of 143 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 142 143 >
Topic Options
#46504 - 12/25/12 09:35 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Vertigo

Advertisement
#46751 - 01/04/13 10:26 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Resident Evil: Retribution

Non stop action fest loaded to the hilt with special effects! I don't think I've ever seen credits roll for that long. Pure awesome. It kept me guessing at every turn. Chock full o' R.E. heroes for all you fanboys too. OMG Ada Wong is sooo hot. Shame on you Leon.

#46800 - 01/06/13 01:29 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Metalocalypse Season IV

The ending is a cliffhangar... which is brutal; because I doubt that we'll see a fifth season.

#46804 - 01/06/13 10:49 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Resident Evil: Retribution

Non stop action fest loaded to the hilt with special effects! I don't think I've ever seen credits roll for that long. Pure awesome. It kept me guessing at every turn. Chock full o' R.E. heroes for all you fanboys too. OMG Ada Wong is sooo hot. Shame on you Leon.

It looks like Resident Evil: Retribution "might be, maybe be,
Could be"
( I donít know ) the first non Combo Pack Bluray I buy.
( Iím also thinking about getting Afterlife on Bluray for all the extraís as well )

Since all the extraís are on the Bluray.
Some extraís are on the DVD, but not all, and I donít believe thereíll be a DVD Special Edition or anything
that would have them all.

I do want ALL of the extraís but I also want to be able to watch the Movie on a DVD player if need be.

I know twice Iíve bought both the DVD & Bluray of a Movie in order to be able to do that
( I just thought of it as making my own Combo Pack ) plus I think I bought them used.

However, I now have two Bluray players, and they are in the two places where I ( mainly ) watch DVDís & Blurayís.
The room my wife reads and watches her Movies in is where the only DVD player is.

I guess Iíll ether wait till Amazon or fye starts listing used ones for sale or wait till I sell the next batch of stuff to fye
And use the Credit from that to buy both the DVD & Bluray of it.

I started by saying Resident Evil: Retribution "might be" the first Bluray non Combo pack I buy

But still, at this moment I canít bring myself to only buy the Bluray of anything, unless Iíve already got the DVD.

But I'm working on it.......

#46941 - 01/10/13 11:04 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Just finished Dredd (via Redbox rental).

Not as fun or campy as Judge Dredd (with Stalone), but pretty decent action.
Obviously R rated for a mess of blood.
Kinda reminded me (plot wise) of The Raid.
Big boss on top floor, army of thugs between good guys & boss.
It's OK at best, I say a rental.

#46975 - 01/12/13 12:09 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I just watched a creepy little horror film called Shock Waves. I had originally seen this decades ago on VHS and recently picked up the DVD. It was produced by one Robert Trane, who was the son of the head of the Trane family (cooling/heating giants) and convinced them to give him some $200k to make a movie. It was directed by Ken Wiederhorn, who made documentary films for CBS news (and went back to that line of work after this film). It's got John Carradine, Peter Cushing, Brooke Adams in a bikini and underwater Nazi zombies-what more could you want?

The thing I always remembered about this film was that despite being totally free of any blood or gore it managed to pull off quite a few well-timed shocks, and I enjoyed revisiting it. The plot: four tourists are sailing around the Caribbean with Capt. Carradine when strange things start to happen. The boat collides with an old wreck and everyone takes refuge in an old hotel on a nearby island (minus Mr. Carradine, who becomes victim #1 since the filmmakers only had him for four days). There they meet an old Nazi (Cushing) who insists they leave as there is "danger in the water". When they fail to go he gives them (and the audience) the backstory: The Nazis developed "super soldiers" but, finding them impossible to control, recalled them. The old guy was the commander of an underwater corps created to man submarines that would never have to surface; just before the war ended he sailed with them to the Caribbean and sank the ship, but now the ship has risen.

The movie is framed as a flashback with the story told by the sole survivor (Adams). The DVD includes an interview with Luke "Flipper" Halpin (who plays one of the boat crew), a photo gallery, trailers and a commentary track featuring the director along with Fred Olen Ray (who served as still photographer) and Alan Ormsby (who did the makeup). I actually ended up watching the film twice as the commentary was very interesting. The picture quality, unfortunately, is not very good, especially in night scenes. This is mainly due to the film being shot on Super 16mm film then blown up. The DVD is in 16:9 format. All in all, this is a nice little release from Blue Underground. I would definitely recommend this to any horror fan, at least as a rental.

#46978 - 01/12/13 02:40 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Red Dwarf Season 10. Which is apparently the last season.
Cause in the description of the last episode it said "series finale".
Which is kinda ironic cause that episode is called "The Begining".

Overall still a very fun show, with very likeable characters, and very funny situations.
Though it still has no real closure, cause it never really ended...

#46983 - 01/12/13 08:17 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: oldcharlie55]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: oldcharlie55
I just watched a creepy little horror film called Shock Waves. I had originally seen this decades ago on VHS and recently picked up the DVD. It was produced by one Robert Trane, who was the son of the head of the Trane family (cooling/heating giants) and convinced them to give him some $200k to make a movie. It was directed by Ken Wiederhorn, who made documentary films for CBS news (and went back to that line of work after this film). It's got John Carradine, Peter Cushing, Brooke Adams in a bikini and underwater Nazi zombies-what more could you want?

The thing I always remembered about this film was that despite being totally free of any blood or gore it managed to pull off quite a few well-timed shocks, and I enjoyed revisiting it. The plot: four tourists are sailing around the Caribbean with Capt. Carradine when strange things start to happen. The boat collides with an old wreck and everyone takes refuge in an old hotel on a nearby island (minus Mr. Carradine, who becomes victim #1 since the filmmakers only had him for four days). There they meet an old Nazi (Cushing) who insists they leave as there is "danger in the water". When they fail to go he gives them (and the audience) the backstory: The Nazis developed "super soldiers" but, finding them impossible to control, recalled them. The old guy was the commander of an underwater corps created to man submarines that would never have to surface; just before the war ended he sailed with them to the Caribbean and sank the ship, but now the ship has risen.

The movie is framed as a flashback with the story told by the sole survivor (Adams). The DVD includes an interview with Luke "Flipper" Halpin (who plays one of the boat crew), a photo gallery, trailers and a commentary track featuring the director along with Fred Olen Ray (who served as still photographer) and Alan Ormsby (who did the makeup). I actually ended up watching the film twice as the commentary was very interesting. The picture quality, unfortunately, is not very good, especially in night scenes. This is mainly due to the film being shot on Super 16mm film then blown up. The DVD is in 16:9 format. All in all, this is a nice little release from Blue Underground. I would definitely recommend this to any horror fan, at least as a rental.

Aaahh, MemoriesÖ. I remember that one.
I also remember it being pretty good for a B Horror Movie.

One thing ( IIRC ) is that the Super Soldiers actually walked ( carried ) the ship along the Sea floor into shallow water.

Man, now I have to get itÖ. "have fye gift card will buy" ( hope they have it ) if not, Iím Amazon bound

#47033 - 01/13/13 09:25 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: oldcharlie55

Aaahh, MemoriesÖ. I remember that one.
I also remember it being pretty good for a B Horror Movie.

One thing ( IIRC ) is that the Super Soldiers actually walked ( carried ) the ship along the Sea floor into shallow water.

Man, now I have to get itÖ. "have fye gift card will buy" ( hope they have it ) if not, Iím Amazon bound

Bought it !!! grin

#47071 - 01/14/13 06:38 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
While my friend was here last week we watched quite a few things.

All Star Superman - I really enjoyed this. There were a few awkward parts, but it was an enjoyable watch.

Vile - It was an ok movie. The acting is spotty at times and the ending wasn't all that good. The twist was so obvious that anyone should have been able to figure it out. It's not something I'd watch again anytime soon.

V/H/S - Another ok movie. A found footage movie with different scenarios. The first and last ones were the best and the one in the middle range from awful to meh. The mail story that connects them is ok at best. Once again won't be watching this again anytime soon.

Die - Better then a lot of the movies we watched, but not a fantastic movie. The concept and ideals are pretty good, but there are some parts that fell plat. The ending leaves things open for a sequel, which I'd watch just to see how things play out.

Human Centipede 2 - Even more ridiculous than the last. I don't even know what to say about these movies. They are bad movies, but I can't stop watching them. I can't wait for the final one this October to see how it all ends.

30 minutes or less - It had it's funny moments and was an enjoyable movie. The 2 "bad guys" are very funny and I would had rather the whole movie be about them. The mail character's friend Chet "Aziz Ansar" was not funny at all, I sighed every time he was on screen.

Jackie Chan is the Prisoner - First off even though is has Jackie Chan's name in the title it's not a Chan movie. He has a very small role in the movie. The movie was pretty good, but I went into it expecting to watch a Jackie Chan movie. The other problem I have is the Netflix version's subtitles suck. Half the time they would pop up when no one was talking and sometimes when people would talk there would be no subtitles.

Nine Dead - First off let me say that the ending sucked big time, it almost ruined the movie for me. I like the idea of the movie that 9 people have to figure out what they all have in common before they die. Every 10 minutes the killer will kill one of them. It keeps you guessing for a lot of the movie. Some of the people didn't deserve to be there.

Fist of the North Star - This was not a good movie. I was hoping for a descent movie based on the manga, but this wasn't it. The fight scenes were bad, the dialog was bad, the acting was ok. I liked the sets and effects though.

The Devil Inside - It had a good premise, but then it got lost under the fake documentary aspect of the movie. It tries to get some cheap scares with some loud noises out of nowhere. The movie just ends abruptly like they would afford to shot an ending or couldn't think of one. I wouldn't watch it again.

Page 52 of 143 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 142 143 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.