Start Shopping! Cart
Page 11 of 34 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33 34 >
Topic Options
#46388 - 12/21/12 03:07 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Finished Omamori Himari 0. It's a great guideline for keeping the world of Omamori Himari straight, plus it's filled with fanservice.

Advertisement
#46434 - 12/23/12 11:07 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida, USA
I read Naruto 614 and Bleach 521 this weekend smile I also read the Berserk manga but it takes a really long time for each volume from that manga to be released and its never at a steady schedule.

My Figure Collection

#46562 - 12/27/12 11:56 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Wise Silver Wolf]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Pennsylvania
Yeah Dark Horse is like that with all its manga properties. The only exception I can think of to the delayed release rule would probably be the Gantz series which pretty much comes out regularly every other month. If you wanna talk about huge lengths of time between volume release though try reading MPD Psycho or Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. There's at least a 2 year gap between each volume release.

#47040 - 01/13/13 08:43 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: sevi]
CheechMonger Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
Started reading the first Cross Game omnibus today.

#47741 - 02/01/13 12:11 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
So I was looking around to see if anybody had rescued Strawberry Marshmallow yet.
No luck, but I did find someplace to read up to the latest volume online.
Apparently it's up to volume 8 & still going.

We only got up to volume 5 before it either was cancelled or Tokyo Pop went splat.

I read a chapter just to see if whomever translated it did a good job.
It was pretty funny (just like the real manga/anime) though I kinda wish they toned down the honorifics (Miu never calls her "older sister" Oni-San in the official translations).
In fact all of them call her Nobue.

#47748 - 02/01/13 01:03 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Fan translations normally keep a lot of the Japanese stuff in tack like honorifics. Just something you have to deal with when reading them.

#47753 - 02/01/13 02:29 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: EricDent
I read a chapter just to see if whomever translated it did a good job.
It was pretty funny (just like the real manga/anime) though I kinda wish they toned down the honorifics (Miu never calls her "older sister" Oni-San in the official translations).

If they are calling her "Onii-san", then they are not doing a good job translating it.

Onii-san = Big Brother
Onee-san = Big Sister

#47781 - 02/01/13 04:56 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
It probably was the female version, just a mistake on my part...

#47801 - 02/02/13 12:49 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: joelgundam01]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm also kinda thinkin' 'bout checkin' out HOTD when the next omnibus makes the scene, if they're both still available.

Go after the Color Omnibus now, which contains vols 1-4. It's well worth the price in my opinion. It's rare to see a manga in a large hard cover book. The second Omnibus will release out some time next year and will cover vols. 5-7.

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Yen Press's site has it up for June 2013

http://www.yenpress.com/2009/01/june-2013/

Well this is no longer true. As the Japanese have pushed back the color editions of Vol 5 and 6 as seen here(the official Japanese manga site so be weary of heavy ecchi shots)

Also Yen Press' twitter revealed they are putting in the "Lighting Pop" art book in their release as well. Which had fan service images of HOTD and Triage X.

#48014 - 02/06/13 05:30 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Just finished reading My Girlfriend is a Geek vol 5 and I enjoyed the whole series. I wish it would have been longer though.

Page 11 of 34 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33 34 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.