Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 50 of 127 < 1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 126 127 >
Topic Options
#46159 - 12/14/12 03:10 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
OMG! Bilbo is AWESOME!!!

Advertisement
#46189 - 12/14/12 04:25 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I am planning to see The Hobbit really soon, so please don't spoil it.
It's been a while since I read the book as well.
I will most likely see just the normal 2D version.
None of that fancy 48 fps/3D stuff...

#46190 - 12/14/12 04:29 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I finally watched a full episode yesterday of Robot Chicken (yes, I'm really late to the party on this) and I could very easily get addicted to this. They throw so much goofy stuff at the viewer that even if a particular parody isn't that good odds are the next one will be hilarious. I will definitely be checking out more of this.

#46195 - 12/14/12 05:54 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
I watched The Hobbit today, it was really good. I can't wait for the next one. I didn't get to see it in 48fps. There's no theater in WV that can run it.

#46201 - 12/14/12 10:29 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just got home from "The Hobbit" best movie I have seen in 2012 by far. Watched it in 3D it was nice and I plan on picking this up on Blu-ray when it releases.

Though it does have me wanting to reread the Hobbit since I haven't read it in quite a few years.

#46207 - 12/15/12 05:50 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Also saw Hobbit. It was pretty, but a tad long winded. Not a bad thing, but a bit lame since the extra time seemed to be mostly spent on stories not contained within the book. Didn't love it.

#46211 - 12/15/12 01:16 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Lots of people have "complained" about the added on stuff.
However like 90% of it is from actual stuff that Toliken wrote when trying to expand the Hobbit to connect it to The Lord of the Rings.

Don't forget they did not have lots of the poems/songs that were in the Lord of the Rings books. Which would have seriously dragged down the movies.

#46212 - 12/15/12 01:58 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I see it like this: The Hobbit isn't a particularly large book ( especially compared to any of the trilogy), but it does have an awful lot going on. Ok, fine, so in order to do everything justice, split the book into two movies,.. Out of necessity. Now once we've done this there's all of a sudden not quite enough material to fill up a single film properly, so we gotta toss in a bunch of "bonus material" just to beef up the script and lay on an extra hour or two?
The movie was needlessly long & I'd claim not any better for it.

Also there were just too many instances throughout the film where there was just too much unfocused shambling going on onscreen to even tell what was occurring until things slowed down enough for us to see the aftermath.

I hate to say it, but I prefer Peter Jackson's early career to this. I hope he gets to filming material that he himself has a hand in creating soon. The man is a genius storyteller and incredibly creative when it comes to his art,.. But I think he's been in Tolkien's world for too long.

#46217 - 12/15/12 02:40 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
I just watched HALO 4: Forward unto Dawn.
I liked it, I liked it a lot ..grin..

Iím not a Game Player, but I know about HALO, and
Iím a Fan of HALO from a Science Fiction Fan point of view.

And Iím ready for the BIG Hollywood Blocker Buster HALO Movie.
After Legends and now Forward unto Dawn,
going Hollywood Blocker Buster or not at all, is all that is left.

And Iím all for it, and canít wait.

#46220 - 12/15/12 02:44 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Last I heard the Halo movie was canned.

Page 50 of 127 < 1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 126 127 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.