?
Page 45 of 117 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 116 117 >
Topic Options
#45364 - 11/27/12 07:23 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: ninjachad]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: ninjachad
Has anyone seen Moribito? I really like fantasy type stuff, so it looks like something I might be into. And I just can't stop staring at the Artbox bundle.... crazy

If you are into slow moving fantasy titles, then it should be up your ally. I saw the show on Adult Swim a couple years back. It's very slow in pacing, but the plot and characters are pretty good.

Advertisement
#45373 - 11/28/12 06:10 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: kiku
Is it simply a remaster of the first movie with upgraded visual & sound? Sometimes purists will say things like: "The original is better." Is the difference large enough to warrant having both a copy of the movie and 2.0?

Haven't seen it myself, but IIRC I read that a lot of CG had been redone.
In the UK GitS 2.0 was also released in a box with both the original and GitS: Innocence. If there was hardly any difference, would they have included the original?
(OTOH: They also included seperate discs for Innocence with DTS and 5.1/2.0 audio, making it 4 discs total for that set... wink )

#45376 - 11/28/12 07:27 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: ninjachad
Has anyone seen Moribito? I really like fantasy type stuff, so it looks like something I might be into. And I just can't stop staring at the Artbox bundle.... crazy

If you are into slow moving fantasy titles, then it should be up your ally. I saw the show on Adult Swim a couple years back. It's very slow in pacing, but the plot and characters are pretty good.

Yes it those seem to go by slowly, "but not boring".
"However", if you watch it at Home on DVD, then the pacing goes by much, much faster.
I'm about to "Re-Watch" it myself, after I finish up Lain.

#45404 - 11/28/12 02:02 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
IMO Moribito is a must for anyone who likes a good story. If you liked other anime that have good stories like GITS or The Three Kingdoms then by all means pick it up.

#45406 - 11/28/12 02:05 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: stargates]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: stargates
IMO Moribito is a must for anyone who likes a good story. If you liked other anime that have good stories like GITS or The Three Kingdoms then by all means pick it up.

Yah… I thought it was a Really Good Series !

#45410 - 11/28/12 02:49 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm uber tempted to dive into the GITS franchise due to both seasons of SAC bein' in the 12 days sale. If a person were to dive into GITS, what's required? GITS, GITS SAC, GITS SAC2, GITS SAC Solid State Society. Would I need GITS 2.0, Individual 11, and/or The Laughing Man; would I need anything else?

#45412 - 11/28/12 02:58 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
You can skip Individual 11 and Laughing Man if you buy SAC and SAC 2nd Gig. You will, however, want to get SAC Solid State Society.

The movies and the TV series are on separate timelines. The movie timeline has only GitS and GitS: Innocence. I'd say get GitS. GitS: Innocence is good to have, but I didn't like it as well as the first movie or the TV series. GitS 2.0 would be optional, imo, though to be honest, I've never seen it.

Edited by Manhiem (11/28/12 03:02 PM)

#45415 - 11/28/12 03:08 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: Manhiem]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

It looks like I would have to look elsewhere to find Innocence, although it appears to be relatively inexpensive elsewhere. I'd rather order it all through RightStuf. C`est la vie. "You can wish in one hand, and s??? in the other; but we all know which one'll fill up first."

#45433 - 11/28/12 04:32 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm uber tempted to dive into the GITS franchise due to both seasons of SAC bein' in the 12 days sale. If a person were to dive into GITS, what's required? GITS, GITS SAC, GITS SAC2, GITS SAC Solid State Society. Would I need GITS 2.0, Individual 11, and/or The Laughing Man; would I need anything else?

Get it ALL ( !!! BUT !!! )
The Individual 11 and The Laughing Man, are just condensed version of those two Story Arcs, that are in the Series.

The Laughing Man Story is in 1st Gig and the Individual 11 in 2nd Gig.
I do believe that there is some dialog changes and maybe some ( ? ) added Animation.

So given your Completest Nature, after you’ve had your fill of all
That is Ghost in the Shell.
Then look back and think if you want, The Laughing Man and
The Individual 11

#45439 - 11/28/12 05:25 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Thanks B Dub. The only things holding me back are the fact that the GITS SAC and GITS SAC2 are currently listed as "More Arriving Soon" and Innocence would have to be acquired elsewhere. Heaven forbid I got my hands on all but one item, I'd then possibly be forced to acquire the missing pieces of the puzzle outside of the proper channels. Proper channels being RightStuf, RightStuf, and RightStuf.

Page 45 of 117 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 116 117 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.