Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 8 of 32 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32 >
Topic Options
#45089 - 11/18/12 09:39 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
KILLRENJI Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Montana
Just finished March Story vol 4. Just started reading Black Lagoon vol 9 (love it!)
I just purchased Dogs 0-7 so that is next.
Does anyone has any favorites or darker manga suggestions?? I was looking at Biomega as a potential.
I have been watching anime for years and have quite the collection. Just started reading manga a few months ago and just want to find some gems that are out there. I am open to anything except that hentai bs.
I live in Montana and there is not many fans up here.
I do read Bleach on a weekly basis.
Anything would help!!!!

Edited by KILLRENJI (11/18/12 09:42 PM)

Advertisement
#45090 - 11/18/12 10:05 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I mainly read ecchi stuff and I am just going to guess you won't like them with the hentai comment.

I'm personally excited for a new manga coming over titled "BTOOOM!" it is about a group of people dropped off on an island and they have to kill each other with BIMs which are bombs with different types of setups. Some explode on impact some have a timer some are smoke bombs and so on.

Once you kill 6 people you can get off the island and most of the people there played the video game "BTOOOM" which is where the BIM set up came from.

Edited by Cheap One (11/18/12 10:30 PM)

#45105 - 11/19/12 11:02 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
KILLRENJI Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Montana
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
I mainly read ecchi stuff and I am just going to guess you won't like them with the hentai comment.

I'm personally excited for a new manga coming over titled "BTOOOM!" it is about a group of people dropped off on an island and they have to kill each other with BIMs which are bombs with different types of setups. Some explode on impact some have a timer some are smoke bombs and so on.

Once you kill 6 people you can get off the island and most of the people there played the video game "BTOOOM" which is where the BIM set up came from.

Ecchi doesn't bother me. I read Kenichi and some other titles that have plenty of fan service. Just don't care for crazy over the top. I will have to check out that series you mentioned. I like the premise.. i also like super violent stuff like Elfen Lied.
Thanks for the suggestion!

#45109 - 11/19/12 11:23 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: KILLRENJI]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I just recently watched the Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple anime. I am fairly new to manga as well. I recently read both volumes of Qwaser Of Stigmata. It was pretty good, and violent; although it might not be to your liking due to the ecchi level being quite high. I am currently reading Omamori Himari volume 6. I just can't get enough! I can't praise Omamori Himari and Milan Matra enough. It's packed with action and ecchi and great art. Also of note is the cleanliness of the art style and layout. It's not sparse by any means. I simply mean to say that it's very easy to follow; and to know who's saying what, and what's going on in any given panel and/or page. I recently received volume 9 and am anxiously awaiting news regarding the preorder release of volume 10.

#45111 - 11/19/12 11:48 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Wow you already on Vol 6 of Himari? The wait will be long for you waiting on Vol 10 with being so used to just starting the next volume when you finish the last one. One thing I kind of hate about following a manga while it is still coming out.

Renji, yea "BTOOOM!" is pretty good. I haven't read the manga yet just been watching the anime on Crunchyroll but I hear it follows the manga pretty close so far. Also found out recently we should be getting the anime as well as Sentai has the license.

#45113 - 11/19/12 12:10 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I skipped "Commence Operation" and moved on to the volume six of Omamori Himari. I figure I'll wait and see if volume ten has a bonus story in it as well, plus I'm monogamous when it comes to anime & manga. One story at a time. I left a bookmark in volume five where "Commence Operation" starts so I can come back to it when I've finished Omamori Himari.

#45115 - 11/19/12 01:20 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Commence Operation is a nice little story. It has nothing to do with OH expect Milan also drew it, he did it before OH and I would guess some of the characters in OH are based off the ones in it.

#45117 - 11/19/12 01:53 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Commence Operation is a nice little story. It has nothing to do with OH expect Milan also drew it, he did it before OH and I would guess some of the characters in OH are based off the ones in it.

It's actually Milan's first work. The one-shot (one chapter manga) that got his name known.

#45170 - 11/21/12 12:37 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Is it just me, or is there more to Shizuku than just her catchphrase: "You know?"? She seems to relate to her life as a "show" on a few occasions. I'm just starting to pick up on it. Then again it could all be in my head. Either way, I love Omamori Himari and rue the day that I run out of volumes to read.

#45171 - 11/21/12 12:46 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

No I think you have a sort of self contained struggle with all five of the "main" characters. Yuto, Rinko, Himari, Shizuku and Kuesu.

At least I view those five as the main characters of the manga.

Page 8 of 32 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.