Topic Options
#45014 - 11/16/12 01:24 PM Re: christmas shopping [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
There are not many titles that I'm interested in on the second wave. Many of them I already have.

I didn't care much for Moribito when I saw it on TV (too slow in pacing) and if I ever do buy it, it will most likely be the compact collection (stackpak) Blu-ray release. I don't like jewel cases (they crack to easily) and I don't have a lot of room for any more bulky box sets.

I liked it a lot ( and it's time to re-watch it again )
I think the..
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit DVD Bundle ..Is a Steal

Scratch that! I forgot there is a Blu-ray version.

Yah, I may bitch about it when an Anime arrives and itís in a Crappack.
But at least I have the means to Transfer the Cover Art & discís over to a
Tray Case.
Thatís what I did with my Copy of Moribito.

Advertisement
#45022 - 11/16/12 08:21 PM Re: christmas shopping [Re: sailormoon4ever]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I side stepped the whole bs crappack by getting the bluray version.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#45060 - 11/17/12 09:57 PM Re: christmas shopping [Re: sailormoon4ever]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I think crappacks are cheap junk-I mean really, a decent case only adds a few cents to the overall cost. I'll take a litebox over a stacker anyday. But what really gets my goat are the cutaway cases crapamation and now Sentai seem to love using. I mean what's the purpose of a case-maybe to protect the disc inside? With the stupid cutaway cases all that stands between the disc and damage is the case insert and a thin layer of clear plastic-especially on the read side-jeez!!

#45064 - 11/18/12 02:05 AM Re: christmas shopping [Re: zrdb]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I believe one purpose is to reduce the amount of toxic plastic in landfills. There are better ways to achieve this though. All of the cases for the television series Eureka for example are 100% recyclable, and made from 45% post consumer/55% post industrial paper fiber, and the plastic is made from two post consumer water bottles; and... drum roll please... they keep the discs snug and safe. I think that the choice of the aforementioned cutaway case should be left to the consumer. They do leave the discs at a disadvantage in regard to safety when compared to normal cases.

#45068 - 11/18/12 08:51 AM Re: christmas shopping [Re: sailormoon4ever]
LaughingMan Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Niagara Falls. Canada
I'm afraid of the coming holidays... :S I've allowed myself an approximate "budget" for any sort of entertainment/anime, but I've already eaten up the rest of this years'.
Still in the process of saving up money to go to Japan, so every time I resist buying anime, the better XD

Doesn't help that they upped the minimum amount for free shipping to Canada either. As long as I can convince others to help fill the order so it isn't all me, that'll be my saving grace.

#45069 - 11/18/12 10:49 AM Re: christmas shopping [Re: LaughingMan]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: LaughingMan
I'm afraid of the coming holidays... :S I've allowed myself an approximate "budget" for any sort of entertainment/anime, but I've already eaten up the rest of this years'.
Still in the process of saving up money to go to Japan, so every time I resist buying anime, the better XD

Doesn't help that they upped the minimum amount for free shipping to Canada either. As long as I can convince others to help fill the order so it isn't all me, that'll be my saving grace.

Sometimes (as in this case) it sucks to live in Canada.

#45074 - 11/18/12 12:11 PM Re: christmas shopping [Re: sailormoon4ever]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
There's great things about Canada too: Cheaper medicine, the band Blackie And The Rodeo Kings, and the movie Weirdsville; for example.

#45176 - 11/21/12 02:25 AM Re: christmas shopping [Re: sailormoon4ever]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
BTW Wave 1 is now up.

Good stuff I noticed:

K-ON! Season 2
Wandaba Style
Nanaka 6/17
Bleach/Inuyasha movies
Trigun Badlands Rumble

Also just in case: they apparently cancelled the figures with Daphne in the Brilliant Blue.

One thing to note is that this is a pre-holiday sale, and it ends at midnight on Cyber Monday.
Then the REAL sale will start, and if this stuff is any indication it should be a doozy.

So far I can't really decide if I will order anything or not.

#45184 - 11/21/12 01:35 PM Re: christmas shopping [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
I only made a small order from the sale ($50 worth).

The discounts for the Funimation titles are pretty disappointing this year. Last year, they were at 60% off, this year it's at only 50% off.

Not to mention, I have a list of 10 titles that are on my priority list and not a single one appeared on this sale.

I hope the Christmas sale nets us better results.

#45186 - 11/21/12 03:08 PM Re: christmas shopping [Re: sailormoon4ever]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I gotta say there where some good deals here...
If I hadn't allready spent all meh cash I'd be buying some things from this sale.
I think 12 days is really gonna make me cry...

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.