Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 45 of 109 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 108 109 >
Topic Options
#45015 - 11/16/12 01:54 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
The version I got was the Directors Cut of Legend.

Also just watched Salt. Pretty good political thriller with lots of action & intrigue. I think it was the theatrical version I watched, but it also had the uncut directors & uncut extended versions on them.

I would guess that due to the ending, there might be a sequel?

As usual Angelina Jolie was looking very nice.
She looked like she could kick serious butt.

Advertisement
#45016 - 11/16/12 02:49 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent
The version I got was the Directors Cut of Legend.

Also just watched Salt. Pretty good political thriller with lots of action & intrigue. I think it was the theatrical version I watched, but it also had the uncut directors & uncut extended versions on them.

I would guess that due to the ending, there might be a sequel?

As usual Angelina Jolie was looking very nice.
She looked like she could kick serious butt.

Yup, I've watched all the versions....
Action & Jolie... Always a Win in my Book !

#45029 - 11/17/12 02:16 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Lexx Episode 1

This is some weird s???! Lexx is a little gem from 1995. Holy cow! 1995, I'm gettin' old. Anyhoo... there's a lot of flavors here. I taste a bit o' Doctor Who, a hint o' Firefly, maybe some BBC Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy... and maybe a pinch of Riddick? It's funny, it's a little twisted, and it's ambitious. With a wee bit o' suspension of disbelief, there's a lot to be enjoyed here. I would imagine many might find the dated CGI a nuisance, but personally; I find it to be endearing. Lexx is definitely over the top, and reeks of B movie; but that's it's charm. I'm gonna have to see it through to discover whether or not Lexx takes itself seriously.

#45032 - 11/17/12 08:41 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Lexx Episode 1

This is some weird s???! Lexx is a little gem from 1995. Holy cow! 1995, I'm gettin' old. Anyhoo... there's a lot of flavors here. I taste a bit o' Doctor Who, a hint o' Firefly, maybe some BBC Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy... and maybe a pinch of Riddick? It's funny, it's a little twisted, and it's ambitious. With a wee bit o' suspension of disbelief, there's a lot to be enjoyed here. I would imagine many might find the dated CGI a nuisance, but personally; I find it to be endearing. Lexx is definitely over the top, and reeks of B movie; but that's it's charm. I'm gonna have to see it through to discover whether or not Lexx takes itself seriously.

Yah Lexx is great ! grin

P.S.
Itís a Germany Production, IIRC..
Which makes it BBC-ish w/o the British Accents and fish & chips jokes.
And an all-round better production value.

#45038 - 11/17/12 11:16 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Lexx is a gem. Use to watch it all the time on the Sci-Fi channel. That and MST3000.

#45043 - 11/17/12 01:28 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Lexx Episode 1

Yah Lexx is great ! grin

P.S.
Yeah, it comes off as very B movie-ish at times, but at the same time; some of the shots of the Lexx itself and alien landscapes are inspired and quite impressive.

#45046 - 11/17/12 06:48 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Lexx Episode 1

Yah Lexx is great ! grin

P.S.
Yeah, it comes off as very B movie-ish at times, but at the same time; some of the shots of the Lexx itself and alien landscapes are inspired and quite impressive.

I still havenít bought the Series yet kiku crazy

#45047 - 11/17/12 07:50 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

After I log off I'm going to Watch my Ultimate Edition
Of Dawn of the Dead ( 1978 )

#45061 - 11/18/12 01:53 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Just finished Lexx episode two. It continues to be awesome. Great shower scene with Zev. sweat I almost fell over with the appearance of Tim Curry. shocked Didn't see that one coming.

#45067 - 11/18/12 03:22 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

After I log off I'm going to Watch my Ultimate Edition
Of Dawn of the Dead ( 1978 )

Tell me how you like it, i believe disc 2 is extended edition. I love the box set for the ultimate edition

Page 45 of 109 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 108 109 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.