?
Page 35 of 68 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 67 68 >
Topic Options
#4533 - 11/20/08 08:22 AM Re: DVD Collection [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: somewhere south of normal
Originally Posted By: Alpha_Zeon
I've heard good things about Chobits, and I've kinda, so so, wanted to check out Girls Bravo. They just weren't/aren't up high enough on the Get List.

i thought Chobits (anime and manga) was one of CLAMP's weakest new titles. with the exception of tsumomo, the series was meh. i couldn't place my finger on it, but just lacking the usual warped heart and soul that makes CLAMP, well, CLAMP laugh

Advertisement
#4553 - 11/20/08 05:50 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: LuckySeven]
Alpha_Zeon Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: MS
I have both Ai Yori Aoshi and Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi. I've been holding out on Enishi because its something I want to save. Good thing for me tho is that Please Teacher and Please Twins just shipped today. Hope they are worth it smile.

#4554 - 11/20/08 05:53 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: otakuden]
Alpha_Zeon Offline

Loc: MS
Originally Posted By: otakuden
Originally Posted By: Alpha_Zeon
I've heard good things about Chobits, and I've kinda, so so, wanted to check out Girls Bravo. They just weren't/aren't up high enough on the Get List.

i thought Chobits (anime and manga) was one of CLAMP's weakest new titles. with the exception of tsumomo, the series was meh. i couldn't place my finger on it, but just lacking the usual warped heart and soul that makes CLAMP, well, CLAMP laugh

I haven't seen the anime Chobits, but I've seen a few trailers. I really didn't see the CLAMP character designs in it. Considering the only other CLAMP work I'm familiar with is Code Geass and X

#4555 - 11/20/08 07:17 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
Nambu Hakase Offline

Originally Posted By: "Alpha_Zeon"

Personally, I loved Chobits. My wife also loved it and bought the manga as well--She liked the anime better. I haven't seen any of Clamp's new titles. As far as romance titles, Boys Over Flowers comes to mind: Strong female character, lots of drama, great story.

#4556 - 11/20/08 08:25 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
I enjoyed 'Chobits' very much. You can't stick your head in an Anime Con without seeing a couple of persecoms. Got 'Girls Bravo' in my pile but haven't got to it yet. The Bravo manga was full of fan service and naughty humor. Even though it was a series of running gags that went on too long, I still thought of it as a guilty pleasure.grin

#4561 - 11/20/08 09:39 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: LuckySeven]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: LuckySeven
Well not pure straight up romance, but with romance as one of the main themes. I have Ai Yori Aoshi, Koi Kaze, Please Teacher, Please Twins, and Rumbling Hearts. And too a much lesser extent I suppose you could count The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as one too.

Rumbling Hearts is on my list to see. You also try (if you haven't)
Ah! My Goddess,Honey and Clover,Air,Place Promised in our Early Days.

#4565 - 11/20/08 10:19 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: stargates]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: stargates
Rumbling Hearts is on my list to see. You also try (if you haven't)
Ah! My Goddess,Honey and Clover,Air,Place Promised in our Early Days.

Well I gotta say if you're prone to emotional moments, then keep a tissue box close by when you finally do watch Rumbling Hearts. Its only fair to warn you that it gets pretty depressing at some points. Best to have a pick me up anime to watch after you finish. There was stuff that bothered me A LOT, so I ended up watching the whole thing in one day because I just couldn't leave it in the more depressing parts of it.

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

#4568 - 11/20/08 11:38 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: LuckySeven]
Otaku Review Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Oregon Coast
Rumbling Hearts is such a great series though! This is a series that had me literally screaming at the television trying to convince the main characters that they're being morons. I grew so emotionally attached to these characters that it was very hard not to want to see them just be happy. It even comes with a very satisfying ending. Can't beat that I suppose.

Otaku Review
Twitter
MySpace

#4579 - 11/21/08 09:55 AM Re: DVD Collection [Re: Gaming_Bum]
long time lurker Offline

Loc: through the looking glass
As a follow up to my last "collection update"...

*sigh*

I just found another box of DVDs that I had gotten misplaced when I moved last summer. My movie/TV show racks are now as full as they can get and my empty rack is now holding games. Both computer and Wii.
And slowly, you'll come to realize. It's all as it should be. You can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a trade off. We could loose it all, but we'll go down fighting.

#5335 - 12/18/08 06:07 PM Re: DVD Collection [Re: Gaming_Bum]
SlaughterX Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Alsip, IL
Here's my list , and here is a very out of date pic .

Edited by SlaughterX (12/18/08 06:40 PM)

Page 35 of 68 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 67 68 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.