Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 4 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 32 >
Topic Options
#44155 - 11/03/12 09:44 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
I just finished the first chapter of Omamori Himari volume 1. I love it!

Figured you would enjoy this manga. It only gets better as the number of girls go up in Yuuto's life.

Yen Press also does a good job of translating what all the spirits and such are. As it deals heavily with ones that aren't big in the West/US.

Advertisement
#44159 - 11/03/12 09:54 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I noticed a lot of informative footnotes and even translation of the the "sounds". From what little experience I have, I think that Omamori Himari is manga excellence. I'm about halfway through volume 1 and have yet to be confused by a single panel.

#44160 - 11/03/12 09:56 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
shinjiyo Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Minnesota
just finish reading oriemo at work... really good! can't wait until volume2 comes out!

#44164 - 11/03/12 09:59 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: shinjiyo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Have you seen the anime as well? Share your thoughts?

#44169 - 11/03/12 10:14 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
shinjiyo Offline

hmmm its been awhile since I last saw it, that's why I'm ordering the dvd (s). But if my memory serves me right, it was pretty good. For me, after the first episode I didn't want to stop. If you're unsure about it you can stream it on crunchy roll.

Sorry if that wasn't the kind of answer you were looking for. I was never good at recommending or giving a little feed back. A good thing I'm not a salesperson right? The company would've went under. lol

#44175 - 11/03/12 10:19 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: shinjiyo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Ha ha. grin I'm curious, because the title caused quite a stir when it came out.

#44177 - 11/03/12 10:24 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
shinjiyo Offline

oh yeah. We all know what we were thinking laugh when it came out. But yeah, it's ah... hmmm... ah. It's not what you think but it has "that" little moment of it coming from the title itself. Don't worry. You're safe. =DDD

#44180 - 11/03/12 10:28 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: shinjiyo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just love the character designs on the covers of both the anime and the manga.

#44183 - 11/03/12 10:33 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
shinjiyo Offline

yeah and the animation's pretty awesome itself. I'm getting the feeling that you haven't seen it before...lol

#44185 - 11/03/12 10:52 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: shinjiyo]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Nope.

Page 4 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 32 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.