Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 12 of 28 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#48368 - 02/15/13 12:00 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
ChaosBlade666 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

question: is SAO manga better than the anime? nevr read any of it so just curious

Advertisement
#48369 - 02/15/13 12:10 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Don't know, but Asuna looks horrible in them. So glad her anime version wasn't totally pulled from it.

#48823 - 02/25/13 06:04 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm also kinda thinkin' 'bout checkin' out HOTD when the next omnibus makes the scene, if they're both still available.

Go after the Color Omnibus now, which contains vols 1-4. It's well worth the price in my opinion. It's rare to see a manga in a large hard cover book. The second Omnibus will release out some time next year and will cover vols. 5-7.

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Yen Press's site has it up for June 2013

http://www.yenpress.com/2009/01/june-2013/

Well this is no longer true. As the Japanese have pushed back the color editions of Vol 5 and 6 as seen here(the official Japanese manga site so be weary of heavy ecchi shots)

Also Yen Press' twitter revealed they are putting in the "Lighting Pop" art book in their release as well. Which had fan service images of HOTD and Triage X.

I noticed on Jbox that they have both color versions (volume 5 and 6) untranslated in their listings. They weren't preorder either so I think they were released either earlier this month or late last month.

#48830 - 02/25/13 07:38 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yea, they came out in early Feb. I haven't seen anything on Vol 7's color release. Though Yen Press still has Fall 2013. So it should come out sometime before that as no way we see Vol 7 colored first.

#48846 - 02/25/13 11:10 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

More on topic: The last manga I finished reading was Mardock Scramble volume 6. It definitely wasn't the best volume out of the series. It didn't really have any action and seemed like filler more than anything.

#49182 - 03/06/13 01:03 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Mayo Chiki vol. 1 - I really like this title. The art work is really clean and I really like the comedy.

Angel Para Bellum vols 1+2 - Wow! I like this title a lot. I received the first 2 volumes on Monday and read both of them in one sitting. The art is by Nozomu Tamaki (Dance in the Vampire Bund), while the story is written by someone else (Kent Minami). The title is very action packed, while the story is much more shallow compared to DITVB. However, I really like the concept. Two fallen angels (Azrael and Gabriel) are sent to the human world to protect the main character (MC) from the demons who want his power. The MC is a Nephilim (half angel, half human) who has the power to either save or destroy the world.

Click to reveal.. (Not really a spoiler, but could be NSFW)
What I really like about this title is that it goes into detail on why all angels look female and they have a lot fun with it. The truth is that they are hermaphrodites (have both male and female reproductive organs) and since the boobs are usually present. It's easier to just dress as a woman than a guy.

Edited by joelgundam01 (03/07/13 10:19 AM)

#49207 - 03/06/13 11:32 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Have you watched the Mayo Chiki anime? I really liked it. Angel Parabellum sounds pretty wild.

#49215 - 03/07/13 10:18 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Have you watched the Mayo Chiki anime?

No! I have not and will not unless it gets a dub. Just like BW, I too am dyslectic and it's impossible for me to keep up with subtitles.

That's why I went after the manga.

#49229 - 03/07/13 07:51 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: joelgundam01]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

I'm kind of wondering if Angel Para Bellum has been cancelled. Volume 3 was originally listed as coming out in April, but it's no longer listed on Rightstuf or Amazon. Or maybe Seven Seas is having problems in general because the new Witch Hunter was supposed to be out today but now it's not coming out til the end of the month at the earliest.

#49235 - 03/07/13 09:48 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: sevi]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: sevi
I'm kind of wondering if Angel Para Bellum has been cancelled. Volume 3 was originally listed as coming out in April, but it's no longer listed on Rightstuf or Amazon.

The volume was delayed in Japan and most likely Seven Seas just pulled it for now, until they can re-solicit it.

Page 12 of 28 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.