Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 46 of 127 < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 126 127 >
Topic Options
#45070 - 11/18/12 10:51 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Animejr]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Animejr
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
After I log off I'm going to Watch my Ultimate Edition
Of Dawn of the Dead ( 1978 )

Tell me how you like it, i believe disc 2 is extended edition. I love the box set for the ultimate edition

I watched the Extended Edition ( disc 2 ).
Yep, Itís how I remember it, boy I often long for the days when
All the effects were "In-Camera" .

Iíll have to watch the Original US release to see where the added /extended Scenes were placed in the Extended Edition
I do plan on watching it with the Commentary, looks like itís the version with the most people in the Commentary.

I do love the Guy that walked up into the Chopper Blades.
.. "Slice-O-Matic" ..

P.S.
I didnít remember the Chopper Pilot being such a Dick.
Or that heís the one the caused the Bikerís to come Gunning for them.

Advertisement
#45095 - 11/19/12 04:10 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Werewolf: The Beast Among Us. Sort of a re-do for Universal to attempt to make The Wolfman a bit better.

Overall it was OK. Decent action, interesting if predictable story, and pretty cool characters. Not sure if it was her or not, but I swear the main guys mom looks like Casandra from Wayne's World. Plus the love interest was kinda nice as well.
I give it a rent-only grade.

Gretyl Witch Slayer: This was most likely a made for TV movie. Cause there are obvious pauses for commercials. Though for some odd reason I kept expecting it to turn into one of those late night Cinemax movies.
Mostly cause a lot of similar looking people were in this.
BTW Shannon Doughrty is in this and she still looks pretty good.
Anyhow, really cheesy, not very good, and overall kinda dull.
Though some of the effects were OK. One thing to mention is that all the "bad" witches wear red dresses in this, not traditional medieval wear by any means.
I give it an avoid it unless your really bored.

#45104 - 11/19/12 11:00 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Lexx episode 4 "Eating Pattern" featured Rutger Hauer. It was petty twisted. sick

#45145 - 11/19/12 11:55 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Justice League: A New Frontier

A very good Justice League movie.
Sort of a focus on Green Lantern & Flash.
Green Lantern cause it was his origin story, and Flash was not confident in his abilities. It also had a lot of attention on Jonn Jonzz (Martian Manhunter).

As usual DC animation does a great job telling an established story (based on a graphic novel). The whole "silver age" vibe was nice as well.
Since the story was set in the late '50s.

Had an all star voice cast, whom were pretty good.

Will be watching another Justice League movie tomorrow.

Then it's back to anime with Kurogane Commincation.

#45146 - 11/19/12 11:58 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Kuragane Communication is a little gem.

#45150 - 11/20/12 07:47 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Justice League: A New Frontier

A very good Justice League movie.
Sort of a focus on Green Lantern & Flash.
Green Lantern cause it was his origin story, and Flash was not confident in his abilities. It also had a lot of attention on Jonn Jonzz (Martian Manhunter).

As usual DC animation does a great job telling an established story (based on a graphic novel). The whole "silver age" vibe was nice as well.
Since the story was set in the late '50s.

Had an all star voice cast, whom were pretty good.

Will be watching another Justice League movie tomorrow.

Then it's back to anime with Kurogane Commincation.

Iíve got Justice League ( TV Series ) Complete Collection
Justice League The New Frontier
Justice League Crisis on two Earths
Justice League Doom

ALL GOOD !

Iíve watched about a dozen episodes of the TV Series with my Grandson, an episode here and there ( out of order )
I need to just do what I do with my Anime, just start watching it from episode 1 to the last..

Kurogane Commincation, is pretty good, Iíve watched it twice so far.

#45158 - 11/20/12 11:43 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: Animejr
After I log off I'm going to Watch my Ultimate Edition
Of Dawn of the Dead ( 1978 )

Tell me how you like it, i believe disc 2 is extended edition. I love the box set for the ultimate edition

I watched the Extended Edition ( disc 2 ).
Yep, Itís how I remember it, boy I often long for the days when
All the effects were "In-Camera" .

Iíll have to watch the Original US release to see where the added /extended Scenes were placed in the Extended Edition
I do plan on watching it with the Commentary, looks like itís the version with the most people in the Commentary.

I do love the Guy that walked up into the Chopper Blades.
.. "Slice-O-Matic" ..

P.S.
I didnít remember the Chopper Pilot being such a Dick.
Or that heís the one the caused the Bikerís to come Gunning for them.

In the extended version he has a few more scenes in which he comes off as a dick. If you watch the reg version he seems way more careless and afraid. Its amazing how an extra 15 minutes in a movie can change things. Oh and yes i love that zombie getting sliced by copter blade. If you watch the extras on the dvd it shows you how they did that scene which is amazing esp considering these days it woulda been cgi

#45162 - 11/20/12 10:52 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm on episode 9 of Lexx season 2. Lexx... defies description.

#45169 - 11/21/12 12:29 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The cases for seasons 2 & 4 of Lexx turned out to 3 disc stackpacks. I replaced them with the 3 disc clear cases I got from the CheckOutStore. Thanks again B Dub.

#45177 - 11/21/12 02:37 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Justice League: Starcrossed.

Unlike the previous Justice League movie, this one is actually part of the show. In fact I am pretty sure it was a multi-part series on the show.

Basically the people that are from Hawk Girl's planet come to Earth.
They offer a bunch of tech to "protect" the Earth from really bad aliens.
Of course it's all a ruse to secretly build a warp gate so they can finally defeat their mortal enemies (the same race mentioned earlier).
Of course the Justice League stop them, but Hawk Girl's loyalties are really in question. She decides to leave the team, and her lover Green Lantern (it's the John Stewart one).

As usual lots of action, a good story, and as always great characters & voices.

So as soon as Netflix decides to send the next batch of stuff, it's back to anime.

Page 46 of 127 < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 126 127 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.