Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 28 of 109 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 108 109 >
Topic Options
#37855 - 05/20/12 11:24 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Tangled is a great Disney movie, as you as you go into it expecting that you will have a great watch.

Advertisement
#37889 - 05/22/12 01:18 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I was playing Diablo 3 earlier & figured it was as good of a time as any to watch Carlito's Way. Excellent film! Makes me very tempted to pick up the "sure to be more dissapointing" sequel. Tomorrow I'll go ahead and watch another movie while I play. Ideally something that I've either already seen part of or have already seen completely but so long ago that I don't completely remember it. That way I don't mind dividing my attention.

#37919 - 05/22/12 06:07 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I watched A Fistful of Dollars, Sergio Leone's unauthorized remake of Yojimbo the other night. It's part of a set of Leone movies and it's uncut. I really enjoyed it, though of course there are many similarities between the films.

I also checked out the commentary by Sir Christopher Fraying, a British film historian. He points out what elements Leone added which were not in Yojimbo and other interesting facts. He notes that Akira Kurosawa sent Leone a letter saying he loved the film but "it's not your movie, it's my movie". Since Leone had not bothered to get clearance there was a court case and, according to Fraying, Kurosawa got an out-of-court settlement that paid him more than he aever made from any of his own films.

#38029 - 05/24/12 09:45 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

While playing Diablo again yesterday, I watched my recently arrived bluray import of The Forbiden Zone in both black & white as well as in color. For those not in the know, the film is a musical, so I'd say I didn't miss to horribly much by mostly taking in just the audio with a few side screen glances. Well, you know, aside from all of the gratuitous nudity.

#38033 - 05/24/12 11:16 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Finished watching the latest WCW related release from WWE.
The Best of The Clash of Champions.

Basically it was a free PPV quality show on TBS during the period before & during the Monday Night Wars between WCW & WWE (or WWF at the time).

It's a 7 hour, 3 disc show which is mostly matches.

It features Sting, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, The Four Horsemen, and many other great stars of WCW. It even features a few WWE future stars such as Steve Austin, & Mick Foley. Of course still only 2 WCW related things have shown the rather infamous Chris Benoit.
The Best of Monday Nitro (which was a pretty poor release), and The Rise & Fall of WCW (really paints them as a total joke). The Best of Starrcade is OK, but it should have shown a more in depth look at each event. Instead of doing a "Top 25" match thing.

The only small flaw with this set is they barely used Dusty Rhodes.
Dusty was pretty much the brains behind Clash of Champions, and he barely says anything about them. They also made this mistake on The Best of Monday Nitro with Diamond Dallas Page. He was there the whole time, so I am sure he had a mess of stories about it. The other thing about that set was they picked some rather bad spots to show. Plus they barely show certain wrestlers who were a big part of Nitro.

Anyhow I also watched Tangled, and yes it was very good.
Though I am not a really big fan of total CGI "Disney Princess" movie, this was very charming and fun. Plus she actually looked better IMO with the short hair.

It is kinda sad that Disney really has not done much (besides Winnie the Pooh, which I might need to check out) after this movie. That is besides re-releaseing their movies in 3D for no apparent reason. Oh and of course flopping hard with John Carter...

#38034 - 05/24/12 11:25 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent

It is kinda sad that Disney really has not done much (besides Winnie the Pooh, which I might need to check out) after this movie. That is besides re-releaseing their movies in 3D for no apparent reason. Oh and of course flopping hard with John Carter...

Hi Eric grin
I still do not get it… I thought John Carter was Great .

I’m in & out and will be back later
I’ve bookmarked - The Forums - Got Anime - Anime Store, I’ve found that for now
It’s best just to go straight there for my Home page, instead of from the RightStuf Home page.

eek *I don't like change* eek

#38219 - 05/29/12 03:56 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Watched part 1 of the Hatfield’s & McCoy’s last night on the History Channel, I must say I thought it was pretty good.
I think they’re going to do it justice, they’re sticking to the facts and filling in ( the right way ) where it’s Lacking .

I grew up having a couple of Hatfield’s as my best friends and they were descendents of The Hatfield’s from the feud.

Edited by BWBODDY (05/29/12 05:46 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#38220 - 05/29/12 05:02 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yea, the first part of the Hatfield's & McCoy's was great, I am looking forward to part 2 tonight.

#38296 - 05/31/12 11:47 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I'm making my way through the first season of the original series of Star Trek. I'm very much enjoying the series. I placed a preorder yesterday for the first season of Next Generation, so I figured it's about time I catch the heck up.

#38310 - 05/31/12 06:48 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Went to see Men In Black 3, it was OK at best.
Better than the 2nd one, but still lacking the simple charm of the original.

The bad guy was pretty cool, but other than that it kinda seemed that the actors were not really into it.

Though it was a tad funny that they had some celebrities as aliens like in the first movie. People like Yau Ming & Lady Gaga are most likely aliens...and so is Mick Jagger.

Anyhow the trailers were a mix of good, bad, and ugly.

Good:

Total Recall
Skyfall
The Amazing Spider-Man

Bad:

Latest Tyler Parry "witness protection" movie

Ugly:

Snow White & The Huntsman (right after Mirror Mirror flops)
Some really generic looking cop movie (so generic I forgot the name)

Page 28 of 109 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 108 109 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.