Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 26 of 109 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 108 109 >
Topic Options
#37302 - 05/06/12 06:42 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: EricDent
I just got back from the Avengers myself, first time in a while that there were lines to see a movie. Though according to guys at the theater The Hunger Games had lines as well.

You must live out in the middle of no where, or don't go to the movies often if the only recent movies that have had lines were Hunger Games and Avengers.

The only times I ever remember no lines is when I have gone watch foreign film releases in theaters or gone to the cheap theater that gets the movies a few months late.

Advertisement
#37311 - 05/06/12 08:40 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I just got back from the Avengers myself, first time in a while that there were lines to see a movie. Though according to guys at the theater The Hunger Games had lines as well.

Still kinda shocked so many people left right when the credits started, since like pretty much all the other Marvel movies they had a scene in the middle of the credits & after all the credits.

Of course for no apparent reason people were clapping after the movie.
I see the point of doing so if you are at a premiere & the stars/director is involved, but not in general theaters.

Anyhow it was a good movie, and will probably make a ton of $.
I had gotten there a bit late to get tickets for the 2D version, so I did see the 3D.
It was ok in 3D, not too much in your face about it.
Sometimes people just get caught up in the moment. When I saw the 3rd Lord Of The Rings, everyone (myself included) jumped out of their seats and yelled and clapped when Legolas felled the elephant, slid down it's trunk, and subsequently; struck a pose. It was like he was waiting for a round of applause.

#37318 - 05/06/12 10:03 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
I guess the option of not going to the movies on weekends often is what I would choose. I tend to wait until mid-week to go, it's just there was nothing else to do today, so I said what the heck.

Round Rock is a suburb of Austin and there are at least 80,000 people just in Round Rock. So it's definately not the middle of nowhere.

Anyhow I Redboxed the movie The Three Musketeers (most recent version).
It actually was better than I thought it would be (based on the trailers it looked really dumb). Lots of cool swordfights, cool characters, a pretty good bad guy, and of course nice looking women in tight dresses.

#37491 - 05/11/12 12:13 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

OK Netflix sent me The Secret of Kells an animated movie that was nominated for an Oscar. I can see why, it has amazing looking animation, a pretty good story, good characters (though the Abott was a tad too overbearing), and a good cast. Ashleigh a wood-spirit/fairy (she changed into a wolf) was a fun character, and the cat looked a lot like my parents old cat shadow (which despite the name was all white & had one blue eye & one green eye, which this cat also had all those features). If you like animation, you should check it out.

Also Redboxed the more recent version of Connan The Barbarian, while it was not bad, it also wasn't that good. Sure it looked cool with all the fights & stuff, but it seemed to lack the charm of the Arnold Swartzenegger classic, plus the bad guy was no where as intimidating as James Earl Jones. The girl was nice looking, but again the love interest in the original was super smoking hot (IMO).

Also Redboxed Haywire, but will watch it tommorow (before work).

Speaking of work, apparently I get to do a Midnight Release thing for Diablo 3.

#37492 - 05/11/12 02:08 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Just watched Crumb. It was excellent!

#37498 - 05/11/12 02:15 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

OK Netflix sent me The Secret of Kells an animated movie that was nominated for an Oscar. I can see why, it has amazing looking animation, a pretty good story, good characters (though the Abott was a tad too overbearing), and a good cast. Ashleigh a wood-spirit/fairy (she changed into a wolf) was a fun character, and the cat looked a lot like my parents old cat shadow (which despite the name was all white & had one blue eye & one green eye, which this cat also had all those features). If you like animation, you should check it out.

Also Redboxed the more recent version of Connan The Barbarian, while it was not bad, it also wasn't that good. Sure it looked cool with all the fights & stuff, but it seemed to lack the charm of the Arnold Swartzenegger classic, plus the bad guy was no where as intimidating as James Earl Jones. The girl was nice looking, but again the love interest in the original was super smoking hot (IMO).

Also Redboxed Haywire, but will watch it tommorow (before work).

Speaking of work, apparently I get to do a Midnight Release thing for Diablo 3.
I'm on the fence with Diablo 3, I've heard so many goods things about 2. I'm toying around with the idea because apparently, it's Mac compatible.

#37500 - 05/11/12 02:23 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yeah all of Blizzards stuff is Mac Compatible (one of the only companies that does it).

Just finished Haywire, pretty good actiony thriller type movie.
Though it kinda starts a bit slow, once it gets going it's a decent movie.
Though not quite as good as The Bourne series.

#37504 - 05/11/12 02:44 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

There are PC games that aren't Mac compatible? Really thought that would end when Steam started being Mac compatible last year.

#37506 - 05/11/12 02:48 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Steam's selection is quite limited according to a friend. As far as PC games go, most aren't Mac compatible.

#37510 - 05/11/12 03:45 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Steam's selection is quite limited according to a friend. As far as PC games go, most aren't Mac compatible.

Portal 1 and 2 as well as Team Fortress 2 are Mac compatible. That is all you need, and throw in Half Life 3 when Valve finally releases it.

Page 26 of 109 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 108 109 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.