Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 6 of 26 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#44560 - 11/10/12 11:43 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Oh man... you're really selling it to me. I can't wait! I'm 'bout 1/2way through volume 2.

There is a scene between Shizuku and Himari in Menageri 54 that I think was made for you. When you reach it, you must let me know what you think of it. Trust me you will know what I am talking about once you get there.

Edit:
Click to reveal..
Yes, Happy Birthday to Joel

Edited by Cheap One (11/10/12 11:53 AM)

Advertisement
#44572 - 11/10/12 12:24 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
There is a scene between Shizuku and Himari in Menageri 54 that I think was made for you. When you reach it, you must let me know what you think of it. Trust me you will know what I am talking about once you get there.

I think I know what you're talking about.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

#44633 - 11/11/12 09:29 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
sailormoon4ever Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: florida
Sailor moon vol 8 I've read it like four times since i got it

#44877 - 11/13/12 07:46 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Just wrapped up Omamori Himari volume three. There were some nice little treats at the end. Not to mention that it was quite a cliffhanger, but there were a couple of comedy shorts to boot. There was also a great chibi shot of Himari and a fanservice shot of her too.

#44881 - 11/13/12 07:53 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Just wrapped up Omamori Himari volume three. There were some nice little treats at the end. Not to mention that it was quite a cliffhanger, but there were a couple of comedy shorts to boot. There was also a great chibi shot of Himari and a fanservice shot of her too.

That series just gets more into the fanservice and randyness as you go. After the last volume I read (the hot spring story of course) I had to go find my wife...and see what she was..er..doing. wink

#44892 - 11/13/12 10:47 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Great to read you are enjoying Omamori Himari, Kiku.

So who is your favorite girl so far? Based on your other posts about it I would guess little miss water demon Shizuku.

#44896 - 11/14/12 02:02 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I've started reading Triage X made by Shouji Sato. He is of course best known for drawing Highschool Of The Dead.

Now when looking at the art of Triage X you can tell it is done by the same guy. It has a very HOTD feel to it and many of the characters so far in Triage X do look like missing HOTD characters.

Yen Press starts off by explaining what Triage means and the origin of the word. This pretty much sets up what the story is going to be about. Which is "to select" mainly dealing with patients in a medical center. Where the characters are pretty much assassins and they have to kill "the selected" person that was chosen to die, so that someone else can live.

It seems like a pretty good story and Sato doesn't shy away from bringing on the fanservice that you see in HOTD. So far I would say this has more then what you see in HOTD. It is more on par with the amount you see in the HOTD anime.

#44906 - 11/14/12 04:44 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I "flipped through" 'bout a hundred pages of Triage X on an online site that lets you view manga for free. The interface sucks donkey b???s, but Triage X looks kinda cool.

Who's my favorite Omamori Himari character. Am I that transparent? What's not to like about a dripping wet kawaii loli tsundere with six a foot tongue in a school swimsuit? And yes, I'm enjoying Omamori Himari very much. I'm about halfway through volume 4. I've toyed around with manga and graphic novels in the past, not to mention comic books; but as far as I'm concerned Omamori Himari sets the bar.

#44908 - 11/14/12 04:50 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I "flipped through" 'bout a hundred pages of Triage X on an online site that lets you view manga for free. The interface sucks donkey b???s, but Triage X looks kinda cool.

You don't like the interface? Well watch out for HOTD cause Sato does the same thing in it. Triage X is set up very much like HOTD in both art and interface.

#44913 - 11/14/12 05:25 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

No no. I'm sorry. What I meant by interface, was the website itself that I was at. It was far from legit. "Flipping cyber pages" is a b???? with a crummy interface. I really liked the art that I saw in Triage X. I was actually at another site (I forgot where) that shows that we can exect at least five volumes of Triage X. I believe that's how many have been released across the pond.

I'm also kinda thinkin' 'bout checkin' out HOTD when the next omnibus makes the scene, if they're both still available.

Page 6 of 26 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.