Start Shopping! Cart
Page 210 of 758 < 1 2 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 757 758 >
Topic Options
#24708 - 08/11/11 10:08 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
By Stefanie
"Madlax is sort of an "anime parts kit." There's a lot of cool stuff there that would make for a top ten anime series, but it feels like it was pieced together wrong, with a few parts missing. It doesn't fully realize its potential, but even so, it's a fun watch."

Yes, that makes perfect since to me. Good analogy.

edit(Hmm, not sure is analogy is the right word to use here? Oh well.)

Advertisement
#24720 - 08/11/11 08:23 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I dunno about ya'll-but to me the overall enjoyment factor of a series outweighs the individual elements that meke it up. Take Sailor Moon for example-it has all of the typical "magical girl" elements-it follows the checklist of magical girl cliches right down to the last point-ditzy, clumsy lead-check, brainy but shy girl-check, hot headed martial arts expert who just happens to live in a shinto temple-check, handsome male lead-check, typical villian of the week premise-check, but the way that it's all put together is what makes it so appealing and fun to watch. The same applies to Madlax-I found it to be greater than the sum of it's parts-an enjoyable watch.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#24729 - 08/11/11 10:41 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
It’s okay kiku you are not alone, we’re all in this together.
We're here to help each other through these trying times and new anime purchases grin
Thanks for being there for me B Dub.

#24730 - 08/11/11 10:48 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Stefanie]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Stefanie
Madlax is sort of an "anime parts kit." There's a lot of cool stuff there that would make for a top ten anime series, but it feels like it was pieced together wrong, with a few parts missing. It doesn't fully realize its potential, but even so, it's a fun watch. Opinions vary, though. [/color]
I suspect that with Madlax, much like a fine dinner, the meal's other courses are just as important as the separate ingredients. In this case, the other courses being Noir and El Cazador De La Bruja. I don't care what any review said, I was so absorbed by Hunter Of The Witch (ECDLB) that I was beside myself; and that was only 1st course! I'm hungry. Mmm, anime.

#24731 - 08/11/11 10:51 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: zrdb]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
I dunno about ya'll-but to me the overall enjoyment factor of a series outweighs the individual elements that meke it up. Take Sailor Moon for example-it has all of the typical "magical girl" elements-it follows the checklist of magical girl cliches right down to the last point-ditzy, clumsy lead-check, brainy but shy girl-check, hot headed martial arts expert who just happens to live in a shinto temple-check, handsome male lead-check, typical villian of the week premise-check, but the way that it's all put together is what makes it so appealing and fun to watch. The same applies to Madlax-I found it to be greater than the sum of it's parts-an enjoyable watch.
Have you ever seen Robot Chicken's take on Sailor Moon?

#24737 - 08/12/11 08:17 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Have you ever seen Robot Chicken's take on Sailor Moon?

Oh yes, despite what I or others have said, we ( I ) love MADLAX.
I loved the whole “Kind Killer” thing and to realize that you are just the physical manifestation of someone else’s fear, WOW what a plot twist, I felt so sad for her.

Oh, you know she totally DID that Army General before killing him right. wink
That was so "Kind" of her. ...see... grin

#24803 - 08/14/11 12:57 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox The Complete Series
Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox The OVA Collection
Green Green The Complete Series

#24804 - 08/14/11 01:50 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox The Complete Series
Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox The OVA Collection
Green Green The Complete Series

Every boy deserves a Kanokon grin

#24805 - 08/14/11 01:55 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: J.E.S.]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
Who doesn't love the cat-girl. :DI love cat-girls so much that if one asked me to be her bride I'd happily oblige. ;)Long live the cat-girl! grin
Although not a catgirl, but a foxgirl (I'm not exactly sure); I think I'm in love with Marimo (voiced by Michelle Ruff) from Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix (Hinotori). Oh those ears. Nom nom. blush

#24823 - 08/14/11 06:57 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Hmm, not sure if I could just pick one cat-girl.

Though the 3 main cat-girl maids (under Miss Sanada) were all rather nice.
This was in UFO Princess Valkyrie (or UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie if you prefer the English name).

Page 210 of 758 < 1 2 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 757 758 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.