Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 22 of 133 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 132 133 >
Topic Options
#36478 - 04/19/12 06:12 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Unless my eyes are just failing me completely, I don't see a mentioned price.
Just "bargain bin".

Advertisement
#36481 - 04/19/12 06:43 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just reread the post. I think I was running with the (5 movie) part and confused it for $5, though I still would guess it is a DVD.

#36482 - 04/19/12 08:16 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Gevin]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Is this the bluray set or DVD?
If bluray; how is the quality?

It is a DVD set.. Picture looks okay to me grin

#36483 - 04/19/12 08:18 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Gevin]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Unless my eyes are just failing me completely, I don't see a mentioned price.
Just "bargain bin".

It was $5 grin

#36680 - 04/22/12 09:40 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm watching the 1980's television series War Of The Worlds. They actually used footage in the first episode from the original 1953 movie and tie the two plot lines together. Not to mention Sylvia Van Buren (Ann Robinson) returns to cameo her original role from the 1953 movie.

#36689 - 04/22/12 10:59 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I remember watching that series (War of the Worlds) boy was it kinda odd.
I even used to have the novel version of the TV pilot movie.

Today I went to see Chronicle at the cheap theater. It was pretty cool, and as usual with those sorts of movies (IE what would you do with superpowers) it made me think.

The movie was filmed in the Seattle area, and I swear that a few scenes (where the guys mess with people in Toys R Us, and moving the womans car looked very familiar). Of course it's obvious that I have been to the Space Needle several times, so that scene was cool as well.

Also watched both Ghostbusters movies on DVD, in the 2nd one there were a few scenes I did not remember seeing before (it had been awhile since I watched them). Of course due to the Nostalgia Critic during the famous dog in the fridge scene I was expecting it to say "Zuul MFer!"

#36703 - 04/23/12 11:31 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Richard Harms Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm watching the 1980's television series War Of The Worlds. They actually used footage in the first episode from the original 1953 movie and tie the two plot lines together. Not to mention Sylvia Van Buren (Ann Robinson) returns to cameo her original role from the 1953 movie.
I used to enjoy that show quite a bit. There were three shows that would be back-to-back on the syndicated satellite feed when I was a kid - Star Trek: The Next Generation, Friday the 13th: The Series, and War of the Worlds. Still have VHS tapes of nearly all the episodes of each.

#36705 - 04/23/12 12:28 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Richard Harms]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Friday The 13th The Series was awesome! Micki was hot! devil Did you tape all those yourself, or are you referring to bought copies? If you got all them on tape yourself, that's a lot of work; well played. Now I want to get my hands on a DVD copy of the 1953 movie War Of The Worlds.

#36708 - 04/23/12 01:11 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
f13th tv series is on DVD presently, if you're interested.

#36710 - 04/23/12 01:55 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Richard Harms Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: kiku
Did you tape all those yourself, or are you referring to bought copies?
Myself off the satellite feed, minimal commercials and no hacking up by local stations. They have all the original commercials for the shows in them, too.

Saw they were on Amazon, I probably should order the set - I can't even remember the last time I popped in a VHS tape.

Speaking of VHS, I'll share this: the 1988 prediction of the soon to be release "3-D tapes, videodiscs, etc.: Popular Scient Cover, June 1988. It amused me when I found it while cleaning.

Page 22 of 133 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 132 133 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.