Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 13 of 61 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 60 61 >
Topic Options
#44599 - 11/10/12 02:06 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

If all you want to do is buy DLC and the little digital games(great if you like classics) you can do that for free on the 360. 360 only has a fee to play online, Microsoft claims it is to help with server cost.

Originally Posted By: Animejr
This is true, ive heard that some of the newer consoles are possibly going all digital. I think its a bad idea because many people still dont have internet. And me personally i prefer owning a physical copy of everything, i hate digital

I don't think the PS4 and Xbox720 will be all digital. Though we maybe getting there by next gen. Even more so if the coming gen is as long as the PS3/360 was.

Advertisement
#44635 - 11/11/12 09:35 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sailormoon4ever Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: florida
Naruto ultimate ninja heroes for the psp

#44638 - 11/11/12 10:02 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

I think its a good idea to have the option to digitally download titles as its a hassle for some to get to the store but i hope it never goes all digital

#44643 - 11/11/12 11:05 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Right but the mods/add-ons cost money, not to mention additional content sometimes costs too.

#44644 - 11/11/12 11:07 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
shinjiyo Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Minnesota
Just got my order of Atelier Totori yesterday and Atelier Meruru a few days back and now I'm just finally waiting for my Atelier Rorona to come in.

The reason why I haven't play either Totori and Meruru yet is because of the order of the game that came out. I'll being playing Rorona first than Totori than Meruru. I can't wait!!!

#44660 - 11/11/12 01:01 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
I think its a good idea to have the option to digitally download titles as its a hassle for some to get to the store but i hope it never goes all digital

I agree! Lately, Sony has been making most of their disc based games available both physically and digitally on day 1.

It's also very convenient for niche titles, that go out of print real quickly. For example, I can't find King of Fighters XIII anywhere physically, but I can easily buy it on the PSN for $30.

However with the rising cost of games and the cost in manufacturing and distributing physical product. Many indie developers see digital downloads as a blessing and not a curse. There's no way in hell Zen Studio (for example) would be successful in their pinball games, if they were released out physically.

Originally Posted By: kiku
Right but the mods/add-ons cost money, not to mention additional content sometimes costs too.

Personally, I don't have a problem with add-ons. It's optional to begin with and many times I find it more convenient than a burden.

There are some games that I really like and I wish there was some more content after defeating it. The add-ons fill in that itch. For example, I loved Soul Calibur 4 and after playing the game to death for 2 straight months. I was starting to get bored with it. On the PSN, there were a few add-ons for the game. One add-on gave me a new character (and a few extras) and there were a few add-ons for customization equipment. In the end, I spent $10.50 on the add-ons and I got another full month out of the game because of them.

One genre that benefits from add-ons is the pinball genre. The pinball developers (Zen Studio, Farsight) can release out new tables via add-ons. They are not forced to limit the number of tables that can be in the game like in the past.

FWIW, most PSN games don't have add-ons. For example, the recent release of Double Dragon Neon (remake) costs only $10 and it has no add-ons.

TL;DR: All I'm saying is that you are missing out on some great games with that policy of yours. Even the Wii has a few online channels, where you can buy some original games (Wiiware) and classics (Virtual Console).

Edited by joelgundam01 (11/11/12 01:10 PM)

#44663 - 11/11/12 01:24 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

The funny thing is some psn games and older classic titles are way better games then the ones being released today

#44667 - 11/11/12 01:37 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

The funny thing is some psn games and older classic titles are way better games then the ones being released today

This is very true. I enjoy some of the Arcade/Indy/Wiiware titles more then I do the big titles from the likes of SquareEnix and the like.

Also Joel makes a good point. I enjoy games that are called "bullethells" Here in America we would get a barely any but the Wii/PS3/360 stores allow for them to come out with them over here. As all they have to do is make sure the menus are in English.

I think the fear mainly has to do with like Capcom did with "Street Fighter X Tekken" where Capcom gave you a barebones game then put everything else as DLC. Capcom has since faced major backlash even getting their A rank taken from the BBB in the US.

#44669 - 11/11/12 01:53 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
I think the fear mainly has to do with like Capcom did with "Street Fighter X Tekken" where Capcom gave you a barebones game then put everything else as DLC. Capcom has since faced major backlash even getting their A rank taken from the BBB in the US.

To be fair, I think a lot of people blew this way out of proportion.

The game isn't barebones by any means. I just recently bought the title for $20 at Newegg. Without buying any of the DLC, I get 38 characters and a quarter of the DLC is available free of charge (2 free characters, 12 sets of colors (customization), additional auto combos and a few gem sets).

What really happened here is that Capcom decided to combine two games into one.

Instead of having you buy Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $60 and then have you buy Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for another $40 (that contains 10 new characters and a few new stages) 8 months later. They decided to take the DLC approach and charge you $20 (digitally) later instead of $40 (physically).

The problem is that they decided to include all of the content on the disc (unlock code/shareware), instead of making it a download. I can see why they did it like that, because a lot of gamers would complained on the amount of hard drive space it would require. The Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition upgrade takes up an extra 4GB of my hard drive space for instance. However, that's where the backlash comes into play. If the content is available already on the disc, why must we wait and pay more for it?

They should have only put a portion of the content on the disc (such as the cut scenes, which takes up the most space) and made the rest of the content as a download (the actual character data).

Edited by joelgundam01 (11/11/12 02:05 PM)

#44688 - 11/11/12 10:40 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
TL;DR: All I'm saying is that you are missing out on some great games with that policy of yours. Even the Wii has a few online channels, where you can buy some original games (Wiiware) and classics (Virtual Console).
It's not really a policy, it's just been my way. I've gotta keep some of my habits reined in to afford my anime habit. wink I also don't want to have a wireless router putting carcinogenic waves in my face, nor do I want a 25 foot cable running into the living room. I also don't really find the need (personally) to begin online gaming and participation (yet). Furthermore, I have an iMac, which limits my gaming realm on the computer as well. I've got about 300 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii, and I'm still having fun. As far as computer gaming goes, I have yet to explore Steam. Plus, I can keep myself busy with Bioshock, Fable, Borderlands, Zuma's Revenge, and Bejeweled 3. Heaven forbid I become bored with any of that, I can fall back on a veritable treasure trove of old games and consoles that would love to be dusted off and played. Hard copy FTW!

Page 13 of 61 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 60 61 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.