Start Shopping! Cart
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#44200 - 11/03/12 11:35 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: zrdb]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I've heard (read) you reference those two anime on many occasions. They must be good...

Advertisement
#44201 - 11/03/12 11:37 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: Victim
Gimme Rurouni Kenshin! My order just got cancelled, so it would be nice, maybe even blu-ray ^^
Aren't all three economy box sets and the movie already available at RightStuf?
I think that there were three movies. "Samurai X", "Trust and Betrayal", and "Reflection". "Trust" and "Betrayal" were originally two OVAs of two episodes each, which were eventually cobbled together into one movie. This movie is out of print, but still available through third party vendors on the a***** site. "Reflection" also appears to be out of print. In fact, looking at the offerings on the a***** site, the entire franchise seems to be going oop.

#44203 - 11/03/12 11:53 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: kiku
I've heard (read) you reference those two anime on many occasions. They must be good...

MI: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=376
KOR: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=327

In the VHS and LD days, both fansubbers and commercial companies had to cherry pick what they wanted to bring over from Japan and those 2 were some of the few cherry picked from the late 80s...

#44204 - 11/03/12 11:54 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
AFAIK LoGH is a 110 OVA (yes 110 direct to video/LD episodes...) space opera (think Macross, Banner/Crest of the Stars, Star Wars etc.) series with, according to anidb, 2 side story OVA series and 3 movies.
I kind of doubt Rightstuf would want to take on a project the size of UY/Ranma/Naruto/Bleach/etc. wink

You're probably right. Even if those side-story OVAs were reasonably short, that would still be about three times as long as anything Nozomi has ever attempted before (Aria probably being the longest at 52 episodes).

Edit: The Dirty Pair franchise is slightly longer with 42 TV episodes (counting DP Flash), 10 OVA episodes, and 3 movies.

Edit 2: A short bit of research on ANN reveals:
Main series: 110 episodes
Golden Wings (OVA): 1 episode (60 min.)
100 Billion Stars, 100 Billion Lights (OVA): 24 episodes (25 min each)
Spiral Labyrinth (OVA): 28 episodes
Overture to a New War: movie, remake of first two episodes
My Conquest is the Sea of Stars: movie

So, if we call "Golden Wings" a movie, we have 162 episodes and 3 movies.

Edit 3: Not only would it be hard to find a publisher to take this on, it would also break most fans' bank books. Something this big would have to be broken up into at least 8 (22 x 5, 24, 28, 3), and possibly as many as 15 (11 x 10, 12 x 2, 14 x 2, 3) sets. If the fans who say they want this really want it, they should put up a kick-starter project to get the ball rolling, and prove they're serious about it.

Edited by Manhiem (11/03/12 05:37 PM)

#44208 - 11/03/12 12:48 PM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
If you hunt & have some $ then about 95% of the old stuff is still out there.
Of course you might have to use several sources (Internet, & used game/movie stores) to hunt them down.

IIRC Sentai got the latest Familiar of Zero, so perhaps they could get the rest as well?

As for popular Bandai stuff (like Outlaw Star) you can bet that they will get rescued by somebody in the very near future.
However with less known stuff (like FLAG or Freedom Project) you might want to grab those ASAP.

Since I got lucky on several older titles, I really can't think of anything to add.

#44211 - 11/03/12 01:04 PM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun

They looks like Yuri & Kei
( Dirty Pair )

#44212 - 11/03/12 01:15 PM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: EricDent
<snip> However with less known stuff (like FLAG or Freedom Project) you might want to grab those ASAP. <snip>

FLAG review
Freedom ( Freedom Project) review

#44215 - 11/03/12 07:11 PM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
The one with the long dark hair is Madoka, the one with the short reddish blonde hair is Hikaru.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#44236 - 11/04/12 11:41 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I really, really, want the rest of Hell Girl to get a DUB !!!

#44246 - 11/04/12 10:05 PM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Another couple of series I'd ike to see come back are Marmalade Boy and Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers)-Shoujo Power!!

My Anime Bluray Collection

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.