Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#44189 - 11/03/12 10:58 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: Cheap One]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
I do hope Funi or Sentai can pick up the Banner Of The Stars franchise. Also since we are bringing up Bandai do you expect Sentai to grab the 1st season of K-On! since they already have season 2?
Yes, I would expect that, but the ways of the business world are passing strange, so we won't know for sure unless/until it is announced.

Advertisement
#44190 - 11/03/12 11:03 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Another fanservice laden title that comes to mind that kiku would like to see "brought back" is Amazing Nurse Nanako.

Nanako
I pop her Anime into the player anytime I want to Cheer right up.
( of course I try not to think about her History, I can overlook it and just enjoy Nanako )

#44191 - 11/03/12 11:06 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Stratos 4; especially considering the success of Strike Witches, which is similar in genre. Oh yeah, plus fanservice.
When They Cry; no brainer, Umineko's getting a release.
Steel Angel Kurumi; legendary, nuff said. Oh yeah, plus fanservice.
Tenjho Tenge; especially considering the succes of Ikki Tousen, which is simlar in genre. Oh yeah, plus fanservice.
Familiar Of Zero; especially considering the recent releases of Shakugan No Shana, which is similar in genre. Oh yeah, plus fanservice.

#44192 - 11/03/12 11:08 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Another fanservice laden title that comes to mind that kiku would like to see "brought back" is Amazing Nurse Nanako.

Nanako
( of course I try not to think about her History, I can overlook it and just enjoy myself )
(kiku: drools.)

I'm so jealous I'm angry. mad

#44193 - 11/03/12 11:08 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
Victim Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Massachusetts
Gimme Rurouni Kenshin! My order just got cancelled, so it would be nice, maybe even blu-ray ^^

#44194 - 11/03/12 11:15 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: Victim]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Victim
Gimme Rurouni Kenshin! My order just got cancelled, so it would be nice, maybe even blu-ray ^^
Aren't all three economy box sets and the movie already available at RightStuf?

#44196 - 11/03/12 11:20 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Nanako
( of course I try not to think about her History, I can overlook it and just enjoy Nanako )
(kiku: drools.)

I'm so jealous I'm angry. mad

shocked??? Aaaah... You don't have it ??? frown

#44197 - 11/03/12 11:22 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've been keepin' my eyes peeled online for some time now, but nothin' reliable and affordable as of yet.

#44198 - 11/03/12 11:31 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
But I have it-I'd like to see Kimagure Orange Road and Maison Ikkoku come back.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#44199 - 11/03/12 11:34 AM Re: Franchise you'd like to see brought back. [Re: Manhiem]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Manhiem

Of course, with all the buzz currently about Rose of Versailles and Princess Knight, the title I keep hearing about over and over again is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I have no idea what that title is even about, but with all of the demand for it, I wonder if that might be the next item on the Dark Lord's agenda.

Only if he's a bit megalomaniac... wink
AFAIK LoGH is a 110 OVA (yes 110 direct to video/LD episodes...) space opera (think Macross, Banner/Crest of the Stars, Star Wars etc.) series with, according to anidb, 2 side story OVA series and 3 movies.
I kind of doubt Rightstuf would want to take on a project the size of UY/Ranma/Naruto/Bleach/etc. wink
It being a bit "older" (1988-1997) in combination with likely high license price [1] probably wouldn't do well for the odds of a release (OTOH, Galaxy Express 999 is getting a DVD release and that's also quite old and long... ).

[1] HLJ still lists 39 items under the "Heldensagen vom Kosmosinsel" German name for it, even though according to AniDB no LoGH has been released after 2000.
I don't think many anime can keep that much merchandise available that long after their release...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.