Topic Options
#44111 - 11/02/12 07:21 AM YA Entertainment Closing Down
CheechMonger Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
The November YA Entertainment newsletter had some very unexpected news:

Quote:

Dear Friends,

On December 4th YA Entertainment will release "Will it Snow for Christmas?" on DVD with English subtitles. This will be our company's final new DVD release. After much deliberation, our management team has decided to close down YA Entertainment.

We are not closing down immediately. We will continue to operate our business over the next 4-5 months as we continue to sell the remaining DVD boxsets in our inventory. At the bottom of this newsletter we have included a list of 24 titles that are currently low in inventory (which we expect to sell-out relatively soon).

This was a very difficult decision. It's never easy to say goodbye to something you are passionate about. We feel so blessed to have been able to share the Korean culture with so many people over the years. And we are thankful to have played a small part in bringing Korean TV dramas to the USA.

We want to say "thank you" to everyone who supported us over the years. We really appreciate all your kindness. We have made so many friends, and we will miss our interactions with you. Thank you for all your requests, suggestions, and feedback over the years. It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone by since our very first DVD release. We have enjoyed every minute of it.

Again, thank you for your support. It's been a wonderful journey. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Thank you,

The YA Entertainment Team

This is very disappointing news, to me, and I'm sure other fans of K-Dramas as well. I wonder if K-Dramas were too much of a niche market for them to survive.

Here is the list of 24 titles soon to go out of print (some were mentioned in last month's newsletter, which I included in a previous post):

49 Days
A Prince's First Love
Boys Over Flowers Vol 1 and 2
Brilliant Legacy
Damo
Forever Yours
Goodbye My Love
Happy Together
Lie to Me
Lovers in Prague
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
My Lovely Sam-soon
Palace (Princess Hours)
Rooftop Prince
Ruler of Your Own World
Scent of a Woman
Secret Garden
Something Happened in Bali
Spring Waltz
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Sunlight Upon Me
Tree of Heaven
Two Outs Bottom of the 9th Inning

Advertisement
#44130 - 11/03/12 12:47 AM Re: YA Entertainment Closing Down [Re: CheechMonger]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Sad news. I still have Lie to Me sitting on the shelf unwatched.

Edited by Nambu Hakase (11/03/12 12:47 AM)

#44277 - 11/05/12 02:19 PM Re: YA Entertainment Closing Down [Re: CheechMonger]
Excentric Crayon Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Maine
I just wish I The money for A Prince's First Love, Somthing Happened in Bali and Spring Waltz I hope they will still have them in jan.

#44281 - 11/05/12 03:54 PM Re: YA Entertainment Closing Down [Re: CheechMonger]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
This is really not something i thought that i would hear from this company. There is still one or two titles that i want, but i'm sure that they will be out for a little bit before they get oop.

#44973 - 11/15/12 12:12 PM Re: YA Entertainment Closing Down [Re: CheechMonger]
CheechMonger Offline

As part of the waves of Black Friday deals that TRSI is having, each wave so far has had three YAE titles included:

Wave 3
A Prince's First Love
Country Princess
Damo

Wave 2
Goodbye My Love
I Love You
Lovers in Prague

The ones from wave 3 are gone and the ones from wave 2 all show zeroes on their counters (more copies may or may not appear).

I grabbed Country Princess from the first wave, as I already had the other two. And circumstances allowed me to get all three from wave 2 early this morning grin

#46606 - 12/29/12 11:15 PM Re: YA Entertainment Closing Down [Re: CheechMonger]
CheechMonger Offline

YA Entertainment's web site appears to be gone cry

#46607 - 12/29/12 11:41 PM Re: YA Entertainment Closing Down [Re: CheechMonger]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline

Loc: Florida, USA

My Figure Collection

#46608 - 12/30/12 12:27 AM Re: YA Entertainment Closing Down [Re: CheechMonger]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

It was going to happen at some point. YA will be missed.

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.