Start Shopping! Cart
?
Topic Options
#44005 - 10/30/12 04:02 PM Natsume’s Book of Friends, wait for Eng dub or pounce now?
Soulwhodreams Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Ohio
Hello! I just started reading Natsume's book of friends, and it is now one of my favorite manga! And when I find either a manga or anime I like, I'm the type of person who wants to have both the manga and anime to watch/view (face palm, I know, its more expensive that way)!

I looked up the anime and I see it is only in Japanese, which I prefer English. Soooo I was wondering if anyone knows that they may be releasing this in the future with an English dub?

If not, then I would most likely order the Japanese collector edition (with Eng subtitles) of season 1 and 2. I see the set is about $60 online with free shipping. My fear is if I buy it, it will be released in English then I'll need to buy it twice frown. My other fear is, if I wait and it is not released in English, this set will double in price and I will be angry for not buying it at the lower price (This has happened to me before argh!).

Any advice would be great! I'm very interested in this series, and I hate to miss out and make a $$ mistake! I know from experience: I've learned from the past from waiting to get the anime series "The Story of Saiunkoku", "Fate Stay Night" and "Karin"----which oddly enough Karin and Saiunkoku are now my favorite non fighting anime to read/watch!

Advertisement
#44006 - 10/30/12 04:09 PM Re: Natsume’s Book of Friends, wait for Eng dub or pounce now? [Re: Soulwhodreams]
zrdb Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Doubt it will be dubbed as it is a niche title-if ya want it-get it. BTW-I got the complete Saiunkoku Monogatari (Story Of Saiunkoku) set 2 years ago for $32 which beats $150 or more now-ditto for Karin.

#44007 - 10/30/12 04:30 PM Re: Natsume’s Book of Friends, wait for Eng dub or pounce now? [Re: zrdb]
Soulwhodreams Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Ohio
Thanks! I'm leaning on getting it now. My instinct tells me if I wait that set is only going to be more rare and more $$$ to buy. My caution comes from buying brand new titles and not liking them that well and reselling them at a loss. This posting is to help give me the confidence to make the leap from not sure to wait to buying it now and at least securing the set to enjoy.

As for Saiunkoku, I did get a break on that set. I originally bought the first 5 episodes on disc 1 for $4.99 on this website to see if I would like it---I loved the anime so much I looked it up and about fell outta my chair at the prices! After searching for about 3-4 months, I came across someone selling a set on ebay (authentic) that was complete season 1 unopened. They reslited it a few times and it never sold, so I wrote them and we made a deal in trading some newer anime I had plus a discounted cash offer for the Saiunkoku set. And I came across someone selling the complete series (in japanese, with Eng sub) for $25 on ebay. I bought it, but it took 2 months to get it, so I ended up getting it for free because of the shipping delay. This way I could see how season 2 ends---however, I noticed there were no "official markings" on the set, so I'm guessing I got a bootleg, but it is a extremely well made bootleg if it is indeed one.

Same goes for Karin, the set was going for around $180, but I found someone selling it for $28, I bought it and watched it---it played perfect but the disc covers don't match the versions I see online so I'm guessing these we're imposters I got? The Eng dub is spot on to the clips I've seen on youtube, I just don't see any license markings on the discs or box art. If I did indeed get fakes, how is it in this day and age they are allowed to still be sold so openly? Isn't the FBI supposed to throw the book at organizations/individuals that do this in the open?

Sorry, I went off topic of my post frown

#44009 - 10/30/12 05:02 PM Re: Natsume’s Book of Friends, wait for Eng dub or pounce now? [Re: Soulwhodreams]
zrdb Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
What you got used to be called hk anime dvds-or "bootlegs", I used to have tons of them because back in the day when I started collecting anime it was like $30 for a dvd with 3 or 4 episodes.

#44015 - 10/30/12 06:44 PM Re: Natsume’s Book of Friends, wait for Eng dub or pounce now? [Re: Soulwhodreams]
ninjachad Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

I would definitely get it now. NISA hasn't produced a dub for any of their shows so far, so I don't think it will happen. I know it's a little off-putting that's its sub-only, but you get used to it. Also, NISA gives you a hardcover art book that gives you so much more insight into the show like interviews, and the process in which they made it, than what FUNimation, Sentai, Viz, etc, will give you. It made me really happy with my Enma set. I say go for it. ^_^ I've heard the set looks great.

#44018 - 10/30/12 09:41 PM Re: Natsume’s Book of Friends, wait for Eng dub or pounce now? [Re: ninjachad]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I agree. NISA Premium Editions are pretty cool.

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.