Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43849 - 10/28/12 03:41 AM Speaking of censorship...
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

You guys here at TRS forum are pretty open minded which I appreciate. Other places not so. Some people draw opinions about the content of certain anime and force them on others. I say LET ME BE THE JUDGE of an anime's content. If someone is so bothered over an anime's content why even bother watching anime at all.

I don't want my anime censored either. I want shown like it was in Japan.

Advertisement
#43851 - 10/28/12 07:13 AM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Except with an added English dub option.

#43854 - 10/28/12 09:20 AM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: Gevin]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Originally Posted By: Gevin
Except with an added English dub option.
Yes, with all the options and extras too. So if Nisemonogatari comes out here on BD I want the CD that comes with volume 4. wink

#43855 - 10/28/12 09:26 AM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: Nambu Hakase

If you're referring to anime like Kodomo no Jikan, Astarotte no Omocha, or Asobi ni Ikuyo, those anime were heavily censored for broadcast in Japan. The home video version of "Cat Planet Cuties" that we got here is not the version that was broadcast over there. I wish to God that we had gotten the broadcast version here, because it was more humorous, but I understand that many (perhaps most) other people are happy with what we got.

So, be careful what you wish for. cool

Edited by Manhiem (10/28/12 09:30 AM)

#43860 - 10/28/12 09:52 AM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: Nambu Hakase]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: Nambu Hakase
You guys here at TRS forum are pretty open minded which I appreciate. Other places not so. Some people draw opinions about the content of certain anime and force them on others. I say LET ME BE THE JUDGE of an anime's content. If someone is so bothered over an anime's content why even bother watching anime at all.

Your words ring true in my heart Nambu Hakase.

#43865 - 10/28/12 11:22 AM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: Nambu Hakase]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Hey, I like some pretty odd things so as far as I'm concerned, I don't have a right to judge other people's tastes.

That being said the thing that it IS very anoying to see people trash something that they don't like just cause it doesn't appeal to thier standards.
I'm Female and enjoy ecchi shows. I think they're funny. (All that effort they put into giving you a peep at those panties laugh )

I think the most common excuse those fans give is that "those" shows take away from the the types of shows that they want to see.
Times like this make me glad that I'm just in it for the "purdy pictures"
That way I always have something intresting to watch. wink

#43866 - 10/28/12 12:21 PM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: J.E.S.]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
Hey, I like some pretty odd things so as far as I'm concerned, I don't have a right to judge other people's tastes.

That being said the thing that it IS very anoying to see people trash something that they don't like just cause it doesn't appeal to thier standards.
I'm Female and enjoy ecchi shows. I think they're funny. (All that effort they put into giving you a peep at those panties laugh )

I think the most common excuse those fans give is that "those" shows take away from the the types of shows that they want to see.

Since itís being brought up, I donít want you guys to think Iím "trashing shows"
when I give a "Critique" of what Iím watching as Iím watching it.
( like with my prior Posts about Samurai Girls )

In the Case of Majikoi~Oh! Samurai Girls my 1st Post was based only on episode 1.
But I do play "Devils Advocate" all the time, ( in real life as well ) even when itís something I do like.
I bring this up only because Your Post made me think about the fact that
I do, have, and will, Post things I don't like about a Show, even if I liked the Show.
I just hope that my comments donít come across as "Trashing".

Quote:

I feel the same about those kind of Shows as well, and itís also the Main Reason why I like the more "involved one"
( Hentai ) Because someone ( many someoneís ) had to draw all of that and It truly never ceases to Amaze me.

Edited by BWBODDY (10/28/12 12:33 PM)

#43867 - 10/28/12 12:46 PM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: Nambu Hakase]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I consider myself to be pretty liberal and open minded but some shows such as Cool Devices (yes, I know it's hentai) and Panty And Stocking With Garterbelt cross over the line. I have no problems with potty humour or sex or cursing-but the limits of acceptability are up to the individual who's watching. While that person has the right to express their disgust they don't have the right to force their standards on others.

#43872 - 10/28/12 01:45 PM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: BWBODDY]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Since itís being brought up, I donít want you guys to think Iím "trashing shows"

In the Case of Majikoi~Oh! Samurai Girls my 1st Post was based only on episode 1.
But I do play "Devils Advocate" all the time, ( in real life as well ) even when itís something I do like.
I do, have, and will, Post things I don't like about a Show, even if I liked the Show.

Quote:

I feel the same about those kind of Shows as well, and itís also the Main Reason why I like the more "involved one"
( Hentai ) Because someone ( many someoneís ) had to draw all of that and It truly never ceases to Amaze me.

Nah dude you're cool.
What I mean by standards is "what I think is moraly acceptible".
Take Seikon no Quaser for instance.
A lot of people are "trashing" it cause of the "souma" sucking scenes as well as the "loli" that's in it. And for that reason alone. That's not cool.
It's one thing to say: "I think the story sucks, it's poorly written."
It's another to go: "I don't like this show cause it has a loli! That offends me! You shouldn't like either!"
That's what Nambu trying to say.
That it isn't cool that there are people who do that.
I agree with what he's saying.
Besides I do the same thing.
Like said in my about Madlax, I liked it, but I'm still gonna say what I didn't like about it.
You're okay by me. smirk

#43873 - 10/28/12 01:56 PM Re: Speaking of censorship... [Re: J.E.S.]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Quote:

Nah dude you're cool.
What I mean by standards is "what I think is moraly acceptible".
Take Seikon no Quaser for instance.
A lot of people are "trashing" it cause of the "souma" sucking scenes as well as the "loli" that's in it. And for that reason alone. That's not cool.
It's one thing to say: "I think the story sucks, it's poorly written."
It's another to go: "I don't like this show cause it has a loli! That offends me! You shouldn't like either!"
That's what Nambu trying to say.
That it isn't cool that there are people who do that.
I agree with what he's saying.
Besides I do the same thing.
Like said in my about Madlax, I liked it, but I'm still gonna say what I didn't like about it.
You're okay by me. smirk

Got'ya .. grin .........

Like with the Anime .. Koi Kaze ..
Some people would trash it just because of the subject matter.
But it is a Tastefully, Well Done Anime, and given the subject matter.
thatís no easy Feat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.