Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 43 of 103 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 102 103 >
Topic Options
#43770 - 10/26/12 12:13 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: Manhiem]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm getting a very different vibe here than at so many review sites/forum reviews online. I'm glad I asked. Do the high production values hold any fanservice?

Advertisement
#43771 - 10/26/12 12:15 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
I don't recall it being a fan service show, but it has been a while since I've seen it, so there may be some, just not a lot.

I'll PM you with my review.

Edited by Manhiem (10/26/12 12:21 AM)

#43772 - 10/26/12 12:19 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Do the high production values hold any fanservice?

The main girls are lacking in that department if that is what you are asking. The only other "fanservice" would be the scenes between her and her brother which some might call fanservice.

#43787 - 10/26/12 01:38 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I'll chime in that no, it doesn't have a lot of Fan(Pantsu)-service.
But I really liked it until the last ep.
I thought that Kirino was a very realistic teenager if you remember that; SHE'S A HEATHER! aka "a massive bitch" devil
She's supposed to be that way in order to make Kyosuke look all that much better.
That aside until ep 14 I thought it was really touching that Kyosuke would go that far for his sis.
In short, I liked it. grin
Also, Kuroneko kicks ass! laugh

#43810 - 10/27/12 10:01 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: J.E.S.]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

We were all b????es when we were teens. (Apologies to those of us here that are teens.)

#43817 - 10/27/12 01:51 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
We were all b????es when we were teens. (Apologies to those of us here that are teens.)

Don't I know that.
(insert rant here)
My point is I get a little tired of people griping on Kirino.
To me her behavoir was a indeed a bit over the top, but nothing out the range of a "normal" teenaged girl.
And to those who go; "well I never knew any girls like that."
Well... go for you, why would you want to.
(end rant)

Ah, sorry to rant like that. But Saying you don't like Kirino to be that way is like saying you don't like Cartman to be Cartman.
You'd take a lot of what makes him a fun character if you made him "nice".
Same goes for Kirino also.

#43831 - 10/27/12 08:49 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: J.E.S.]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Right on J.E.S.! As I mentioned before, I've read an mountain of positive reviews of Oreimo. It seems an interesting premise, and I dig the character designs at first glance. It could very well be an expose on ignorance and intolerance regarding anime/manga/doujin to boot. I find bigotry more often than not, when I talk to people about anime etc. Because of this common attitude; I think a lot of people prefer to keep their anime, manga, doujin, figure collecting, cosplay, or whatnot private. Maybe, Oreimo is worth a look; maybe.

#43837 - 10/27/12 09:43 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Sure, it's worth a look. And if you want to take a look at it, Crunchyroll has most of the series available. Why not sample a few episodes there, and then make your decision?

Edited by Manhiem (10/27/12 10:21 PM)

#43841 - 10/27/12 10:07 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: Manhiem]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Not a bad idea. For all I know, it could be available on Funimation On Demand or The Anime Network On Demand; both of which I subscribe to through my cable provider. I must admit though, the reason I started this topic is because I place much creedence on the opinions of the posters at Anime Today.

#43870 - 10/28/12 12:59 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Ground Control To Pyschoelectric Girl just might be my my kinda f???ed up. Whadya think? Plus, it's an NIS America Premium Edition.

I loved it when I watched it last year-really kinda quirky.

Page 43 of 103 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 102 103 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.