Omamori Himari is still ongoing, but Yen Press is pumping out the volumes every few months up here.
Could you venture a guess as to how many volumes will be released? Does fan interest factor into that equation. More importantly; would the market notice fan interest in the manga, and be a wee bit more likely to consider releasing the anime stateside? RightStuf seems to carry all of the available volumes right now. Is it something I might want to consider getting before it's to late? Is there pantsu?
Wow, so many questions! Just buy the [deleted] title. You won't be disappointed.
- 10 volumes currently out in Japan (plus volume 0). Next month, we get volume 9. Volume 0 released out last month.
- Each volume contains a couple of color pages with very raunchy artwork.
- Volume 0 is a fan service volume with 16 color pages.
- The title is very raunchy compared to the anime (pretty tamed). Panties, nudity and camel toes galore.
- Yes! Buying the manga may persuade Funimation or Sentai into picking up the title. I know Funimation does pay attention to manga sales. FWIW, Yen Press pays attention to anime sales and sometimes acquires titles from that data. For example, the Spice and Wolf anime had high sales and Yen Press immediately acquired the manga and novels.
- Yes, I would buy all of the volumes right away. Even though Yen Press has a good track record of keeping things in print. If a volume sells out, it can take some time (several months) before Yen Press does another print run of the volume.