Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 34 of 67 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 66 67 >
Topic Options
#43596 - 10/22/12 10:42 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm thinking about delving into Omamori Himari, but I'm on the fence. It's still not finished if I'm not mistaken.

That is correct, though Yen Press has been good about releasing everything so far. They even came back and put out Raiders last volume when it took the Japanese version awhile to come out. Hoping they do that with Highschool Of The Dead when Volume 8 finally comes out in Japan.

Edit: Though to clear it up alittle. Omamori Himari is still coming out in the newest Dragon Age Monthly so once they get enough to release the next volume they will. It is not in the same boat as HOTD which hasn't been in Dragon Age Monthly since early 2011.

Edited by Cheap One (10/22/12 10:51 AM)

Advertisement
#43598 - 10/22/12 10:55 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Qwaser Of Stigmata Volumes 1 & 2. I'm thinking about delving into Omamori Himari, but I'm on the fence. It's still not finished if I'm not mistaken.

Go for it!

You should have held off on Qwaser of Stigmata, since the title is incomplete. Tokyopop closed up shop and the title has 13 volumes out in Japan (and still ongoing). It's very unlikely anyone else is going to pick the title up.

Omamori Himari is still ongoing, but Yen Press is pumping out the volumes every few months up here.

#43599 - 10/22/12 11:00 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Gaming_Bum]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Triage X Vol. 1 came in this weekend. Haven't started to read it yet, though I did flip through it. You can tell it is drawn by the HOTD artist Shougi Sato as it looks just like HOTD.

#43602 - 10/22/12 11:05 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Qwaser Of Stigmata Volumes 1 & 2. I'm thinking about delving into Omamori Himari, but I'm on the fence. It's still not finished if I'm not mistaken.

Go for it!

You should have held off on Qwaser of Stigmata, since the title is incomplete. Tokyopop closed up shop and the title has 13 volumes out in Japan (and ongoing). It's very unlikely anyone else is going to pick up the title.

Omamori Himari is still ongoing, but Yen Press is pumping out the volumes every few months.
I was just showing the market my interest in the title. Here's to hoping both seasons get released. I can't wait for the anime! I mean: I literally can't wait for the anime, so I picked up the manga.

#43603 - 10/22/12 11:09 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Go for it!

You should have held off on Qwaser of Stigmata, since the title is incomplete. Tokyopop closed up shop and the title has 13 volumes out in Japan (and still ongoing). It's very unlikely anyone else is going to pick the title up.

Omamori Himari is still ongoing, but Yen Press is pumping out the volumes every few months up here.
Could you venture a guess as to how many volumes will be released? Does fan interest factor into that equation. More importantly; would the market notice fan interest in the manga, and be a wee bit more likely to consider releasing the anime stateside? RightStuf seems to carry all of the available volumes right now. Is it something I might want to consider getting before it's to late? Is there pantsu?

#43608 - 10/22/12 11:29 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Could you venture a guess as to how many volumes will be released? Does fan interest factor into that equation. More importantly; would the market notice fan interest in the manga, and be a wee bit more likely to consider releasing the anime stateside? RightStuf seems to carry all of the available volumes right now. Is it something I might want to consider getting before it's to late? Is there pantsu?

Wow, so many questions! Just buy the [deleted] title. You won't be disappointed.

- 10 volumes currently out in Japan (plus volume 0). Next month, we get volume 9. Volume 0 released out last month.

- Each volume contains a couple of color pages with very raunchy artwork.

- Volume 0 is a fan service volume with 16 color pages.

- The title is very raunchy compared to the anime (pretty tamed). Panties, nudity and camel toes galore.

- Yes! Buying the manga may persuade Funimation or Sentai into picking up the title. I know Funimation does pay attention to manga sales. FWIW, Yen Press pays attention to anime sales and sometimes acquires titles from that data. For example, the Spice and Wolf anime had high sales and Yen Press immediately acquired the manga and novels.

- Yes, I would buy all of the volumes right away. Even though Yen Press has a good track record of keeping things in print. If a volume sells out, it can take some time (several months) before Yen Press does another print run of the volume.

#43611 - 10/22/12 11:44 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Done and done! I even ordered volume 9 seperately so it wouldn't delay my shipment of the other volumes. $3.00 shipping is a small price to pay to insure my acquistion of the series in it's entirety; well, as close to it's entirety as I can get as stateside customer. You'll have to let me know when they put volume 10 up for preorder. I don't frequent the manga/graphic novels section as much as the DVD section, and would hate to miss out. Hooray for solid media... including print!

#43613 - 10/22/12 11:55 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Gaming_Bum]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Will do Kiku as I will be ordering Vol. 10 quickly as well. BTW you are not that far behind from Japan. They are only 1 vol. ahead right now, plus extra side stuff.

#43615 - 10/22/12 11:59 AM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Thanks a bunch Cheap One. I very much appreciate it. Can't wait to hear from you (and Yen Press).

#43634 - 10/22/12 04:21 PM Re: Most recent manga purchase [Re: joelgundam01]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

- Volume 0 is a fan service volume with 16 color pages.

I've been meaning to ask about this. I noticed in my Volume 0 the color pages are censored. Which I found kind of strange as the girls have been topless and shown uncensored in the other volumes. Is this because the Japanese censored it, or has Yen Press censored it for some reason?

Page 34 of 67 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 66 67 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.