Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#47615 - 01/28/13 06:38 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: BWBODDY]
jakesfz Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: New York
I strongly agree with this point that mostly disc manufacturers are always changing the copyright protection to prevent disc copying and this can cause severe playback problems on older players.
This might be one of the several reasons.

Advertisement
#47617 - 01/28/13 06:50 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: BWBODDY]
jakesfz Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: New York
I will go to buy a new one for my son.
Let see what will be the outcome

No matter where you go, there you are.

#47620 - 01/28/13 08:12 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: jakesfz]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: jakesfz
I will go to buy a new one for my son.
Let see what will be the outcome

No matter where you go, there you are.

Hello Jakesfv Welcome to the Forum ! grin
Legend…… I love that Movie, I have it on my personal collection shelf

#47918 - 02/05/13 07:34 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: BWBODDY]
PetrifiedJello Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
I think I’m going to have to buy a new Bluray Player if I want to buy new releases.

Not sure if I got here in time, but a word of warning: DO NOT BUY RCA PRODUCTS.

They're made in Mexico and are very, very cheap products. If they don't burn out, they fault. Check out online reviews and you can see for yourself RCA is a bad brand.

I'd also stay away from Sony, whose business practices of late have been less than consumer friendly.

Stick with JVC or Samsung. If you're looking for a long term investment and want those DVDs to really explode on screen, nothing short of an Oppo will do. These are very expensive players but when they say a DVD can look near HD, they mean it.

#47925 - 02/05/13 07:46 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: PetrifiedJello]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Thanks for the info. Petrified Jello. I will heed your RCA warning. Do you have anything to say about Toshiba? I've had very good luck with their products.

#47929 - 02/05/13 07:53 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: PetrifiedJello]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: PetrifiedJello
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
I think I’m going to have to buy a new Bluray Player if I want to buy new releases.

Not sure if I got here in time, but a word of warning: DO NOT BUY RCA PRODUCTS.

They're made in Mexico and are very, very cheap products. If they don't burn out, they fault. Check out online reviews and you can see for yourself RCA is a bad brand.

I'd also stay away from Sony, whose business practices of late have been less than consumer friendly.

Stick with JVC or Samsung. If you're looking for a long term investment and want those DVDs to really explode on screen, nothing short of an Oppo will do. These are very expensive players but when they say a DVD can look near HD, they mean it.

HAHAHAHAHA laugh
Funny you would say RCA…….

My Son bought me an RCA, it’s the one that wouldn’t play Prometheus.
( wouldn’t do anything, just a black screen )

This Christmas ( 2012 ) he got me a LG 220, first thing I did was go back and buy Prometheus and
it worked just fine.
So did the other bluray Disc that I had kept but had problems with, like Sucker Punch.

#47934 - 02/05/13 01:44 PM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: PetrifiedJello]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: PetrifiedJello

Sony has been improving lately with their CS. Ever since Kaz Hirai has taken over as CEO, they've been on an up tick.

Personally, I have never had a problem with Sony products before. They've always held up for me and they actually update the firmware on their older BD players.

#48028 - 02/07/13 12:24 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: BWBODDY]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
I'm having problems getting my PS3 to play certain Blu-rays. With some I have to insert the disc 3-4 times before it will play it. Right now I can't get it to play Clannad: After Story it won't even read the disc, I've tried over 20 times, but it just won't read it, my computer reads it fine though.

#48029 - 02/07/13 02:51 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: kakashi12210]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
I'm having problems getting my PS3 to play certain Blu-rays. With some I have to insert the disc 3-4 times before it will play it. Right now I can't get it to play Clannad: After Story it won't even read the disc, I've tried over 20 times, but it just won't read it, my computer reads it fine though.

It sounds like it the disc drive may be going. At the very least it is having trouble reading dual-layered BDs. Most BD movies/series are dual layered, while only a handful of PS3 games are dual layered.

#48030 - 02/07/13 02:58 AM Re: Problem playing Bluray [Re: joelgundam01]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: kakashi12210

It sounds like it the disc drive may be going. At the very least it is having trouble reading dual-layered BDs. Most BD movies/series are dual layered, while only a handful of PS3 games are dual layered.

I was thinking that might be the case. But, it's strange that it won't read disc 1 or 2, but disc 3 worked every time I put it in there.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.