Start Shopping! Cart
Page 293 of 648 < 1 2 ... 291 292 293 294 295 ... 647 648 >
Topic Options
#45671 - 12/04/12 08:29 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Just finished Serial Experiments Lain-it was a little different than I remembered it from my last watch a few years ago-go figure?

My Anime Bluray Collection

Advertisement
#45673 - 12/04/12 08:31 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Just finished Serial Experiments Lain-it was a little different than I remembered it from my last watch a few years ago-go figure?

Yah, it seemed to me as well.
I think they tweaked it here & there.

I do believe I like this ReMastered Version
.. grin ..

#45676 - 12/04/12 08:33 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Mostly is was just the much better video compared to the old Pioneer dvds which really had some issues.

#45680 - 12/04/12 10:46 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 1: The Egg of the King.

Take about 2/3 of a 24 episode long series and cram it into a 75 minute movie.

Still way better than it should be.

They got all the same dub voices from the show (just in case you were wondering).

As with Berserk it's very very bloody & violent.
Also a bit more blatant on the nudity side (shows Caska totally nude in the first 20 minutes).
There are some kinda obvious CGI effects, but not too shabby.

It ends right after the big ball for Princess Charlote (Griffin gives his speech about dreams & friends).
Then it gives you a brief glimpse of what's to come in the next movie.

Hopefully they get that out relatively quickly.
I think they have at least 3 movies done in Japan, which I guess will cover the whole anime series. Then there will be more to cover what else is in the manga.

Overall it's a great movie, and if you are a fan of Berserk, you should get it.
If not then rent it to check it out, if you enjoy it then buy it.

#45700 - 12/05/12 08:00 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: EricDent
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 1: The Egg of the King.

Take about 2/3 of a 24 episode long series and cram it into a 75 minute movie.

Still way better than it should be.

They got all the same dub voices from the show (just in case you were wondering).

As with Berserk it's very very bloody & violent.
Also a bit more blatant on the nudity side (shows Caska totally nude in the first 20 minutes).
There are some kinda obvious CGI effects, but not too shabby.

It ends right after the big ball for Princess Charlote (Griffin gives his speech about dreams & friends).
Then it gives you a brief glimpse of what's to come in the next movie.

Hopefully they get that out relatively quickly.
I think they have at least 3 movies done in Japan, which I guess will cover the whole anime series. Then there will be more to cover what else is in the manga.

Overall it's a great movie, and if you are a fan of Berserk, you should get it.
If not then rent it to check it out, if you enjoy it then buy it.

I like it, and I agree... Way better than I thought it would be.

#45714 - 12/05/12 12:31 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: zrdb]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Mostly is was just the much better video compared to the old Pioneer dvds which really had some issues.
Do you think that it's worth getting the new updated version of Lain or just keep the old Pioneer version if the story is still the same?

#45742 - 12/05/12 03:09 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: stargates]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: stargates
Do you think that it's worth getting the new updated version of Lain or just keep the old Pioneer version if the story is still the same?

I've watched the older version 4 times that I've counted.
And I do like the Re-Mastered release more.

#45759 - 12/05/12 05:10 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: stargates]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: stargates

Even though you can read all the crap that's been posted by a bunch of idiots over at ANN and Fandom Post about how the crapamation version looks worse than the japanese bluray remastered release because of excessive banding the truth is that the us release is light years ahead of the old Pioneer dvds and well worth the money.

#45831 - 12/07/12 12:28 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Samurai Girls - Much more raunchier than I expected, but I really liked the concept. B+

Samurai Gun - Not bad, but I kind of wished that some of those throwaway characters were part of the actual cast. B-

#45835 - 12/07/12 03:57 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Is this a Zombie?
Cute & Funny, will buy the next Season when ( if ) it comes out.

Page 293 of 648 < 1 2 ... 291 292 293 294 295 ... 647 648 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.