Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 47 of 242 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 241 242 >
Topic Options
#46327 - 12/18/12 07:39 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
And I for one hate trying to read something ass backwards-no manga for me!!

Advertisement
#46328 - 12/18/12 07:39 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
why canít they switch up the thing so itís layed out and printed in Western Style?

One word: cost!

In Japan, books are read right-to-left (top to bottom). It's takes time and resources to make a book left-to-right (aka flip it). Not to mention, fans and authors prefer them to be non-flipped.

Really !?
When I was watching the extraís for Witchblade, the American Creators talked about
Having to flip their stuff for the Japanese Market.
( just saying ) ..grin..

Different countries, different preferences.

You're also dealing with a much larger company who also flipped the Witchblade Takeru manga for the US audience and colored it.

Manga companies aren't that rich compared to the American comic book companies and if they can cut costs they will.

joelgundam01 you are so Wise ! ..grin..

#46333 - 12/18/12 08:12 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I got my stuff! It was just a small delay.
Maybe the mail person missed the time that the appartment office closed.

#46336 - 12/18/12 08:47 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: EricDent
I got my stuff! It was just a small delay.
Maybe the mail person missed the time that the appartment office closed.

One thing I've been noticing with my local post office is that they are scanning the boxes as "delivered" in the morning before they actually deliver them.

They usually scan the boxes when they get to the actual location. I can see why they are doing this, because it saves a lot of time to scan everything at once, than whipping out the scanner during each shop.

Don't be too surprised if your tracking data is a little skewed for the next couple of weeks.

#46338 - 12/19/12 01:46 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Received my package today however it looks like the rightstuf box was completely destroyed and looks as if usps put my items into a new box. They even cut out the original top labels from the original box then they stacked a few "were sorry" your packaged has been damaged. Being that my order was large i was nervous to find out what was done to my dvds. Everything was ok except shuffle! Vol 6 endbox and heavens lost property season 2. Both items looked like pancakes, as if someone ran over them. I was highly irritated however i contacted rightstuf and they took care of me thank goodness. I usually dont have these problems but in this case they should have taken much better care

#46374 - 12/20/12 12:52 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
My replacement discs for Bubblegum Crisis came in today. Now I can dive back into the Bubbleverse.

#46375 - 12/20/12 03:11 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
My replacement discs for Bubblegum Crisis came in today. Now I can dive back into the Bubbleverse.

sweet ..grin..

#46381 - 12/20/12 11:33 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: Animejr]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: Animejr
Received my package today however it looks like the rightstuf box was completely destroyed and looks as if usps put my items into a new box. They even cut out the original top labels from the original box then they stacked a few "were sorry" your packaged has been damaged. Being that my order was large i was nervous to find out what was done to my dvds. Everything was ok except shuffle! Vol 6 endbox and heavens lost property season 2. Both items looked like pancakes, as if someone ran over them. I was highly irritated however i contacted rightstuf and they took care of me thank goodness. I usually dont have these problems but in this case they should have taken much better care

Ah yes-count on the good ole' USPS to screw things up-to their credit it really doesn't happen that often but when it does-WATCH OUT!!

#46383 - 12/21/12 12:03 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
A while ago I sent in one of those Funimation postcards (to try to win something) and about a month later I got it back.
It had been ripped in half & taped back together.
With a little "oops we goofed" note stuck on it.

#46392 - 12/21/12 06:33 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: EricDent]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Um, all Japanese books are printed that way.
They tried doing the "flip" thing for a few manga, but people prefered them in the right to left style.
Plus when they did that flip thing, sometimes the art was "backwards".
IE stuff was printed backwards (like words on t-shirts) so you needed a mirror to read it.

Plus suddenly lots of characters were left handed... wink

Originally Posted By: zrdb
And I for one hate trying to read something ass backwards-no manga for me!!

Being used to right-to-left, flipped manga such as the old Lodoss Wars ones were "ass backwards" for me. wink

Ugh, 3 Rightstuf packages on the way and "customs" in an anti-holiday spirit (checking and billing nearly all packages from outside EU instead of billing a small percentage) means I'm walking around with the equivalent of ~$150 cash to be able to pay the mailman when my packages arrive... frown

Page 47 of 242 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 241 242 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.