Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#43118 - 10/07/12 02:11 AM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Yeah it's the '80s Movie (I refuse to even call those Bay movies Transformers).

Kinda surprised your mom took you to see a rated R animated movie (with loads of nudity & blood, not to mention drug use & sex).

At work we have this Journey concert from 1981 in Houston, and they sing the "Open Arms" song from the movie.
Though I kinda get a kick out of this part right after the 2nd song.
Heres what happens: Steve Perry holds up a finger and runs across to the right side of the stage and points out the microphone to the audience.
Then he runs across to the other side of the stage & repeats the microphone thing. Then he reveals a camera guy & tells the audience that they are filming the concert. It's just kinda funny since Steve has a kinda high pitched voice when he says "see this microphone over here?!"

Anyhow here is a slight update on music CDs.

Love Hina: Hinata Girls Song Best 2
Love Hina: Hinata Girls Song Best
Those are the Love Hina CDs I mentioned.

I also have:

Ninja Scroll TV Series CD
Yellow Submarine (from the Animated Beatles movie of the same name)
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Beavie & Butthead (both the TV show CD & the Do America Movie CD)
Team America World Police (just cause of the funny songs)
Saturday Mornings Greatest Hits (several '60s-'90s cartoon themes done by alternative bands like Mathew Sweet, The Ramones, and several others)

Game CD:

We Love Katamari (was like $30 at a Japanese Bookstore in Seattle)

Advertisement
#43122 - 10/07/12 08:20 AM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
The Katamari soundtracks are really good.
I love the original theme to the first game.
smirk

#43135 - 10/07/12 09:00 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
There is a slighty different version of Katamari on the Rocks on the We Love Katamari CD.

BTW if you've heard both the ending credits theme from Katamari Damacy & the opening of We Love Katamari "Katamari on the Swing", you will recognize the singer.

Since he was the main guy in Nerima Daikon Brothers (Japaense Version).

#43231 - 10/12/12 06:30 AM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

For those of you that have P Anime OST: There appears to be something missing in my used copy. I can't find the info for songs or singers. I can get most of this online I hope. Can you scan the booklet and upload it to photobucket or whatever you use so I can have it? All I need is the part with the artists and song titles. I scanned my cover and uploaded for anyone to have. You're welcomed to it: http://animuze.com/gallery/index.php/My-Anime-Music-Playlist/pioneer_anime

#43258 - 10/13/12 08:31 AM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Well sorry for the wait.
Here's the booklet scanned, but still doesn't tell you who sang the songs, just who produced them.

front

page 1&2

page3&4

page 5&6

back

Hope this helps.
smirk

#43260 - 10/13/12 10:41 AM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for posting. I also found out the names weren't included. I wonder how the artists felt about not being credited, unless that's what they wanted. I've never seen that happen with anime soundtracks before. I was pleasantly surprised about the CD btw. I liked all the songs. The Tenchi OP brought back memories.

#43270 - 10/13/12 02:47 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

You're welcome.
I think the girl who sang "back in Love" might be Sandy Fox.(just a guess though)
But it looks like from your profile you where able to find most of the singers.
I'm glad you liked the cd as well. smile
smirk

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.