Start Shopping! Cart
?
Topic Options
#43261 - 10/13/12 11:15 AM Question about limited editions
Victim Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Massachusetts
I haven't been collecting long enough to know what happens to limited editions, so here is my concern:
Since the listing doesn't show quantity left, are there a limited number of copies or is there an unlimited number available if you order before the release date?
I'm mainly asking about this because I found out garden of sinners is getting a limited edition release and I want it, but can't afford it at the moment. I'm probably going to get enough money by the time of its release date, but I'm worried it will be out of stock by then. Should I borrow money to buy this now(assuming there is interest) or save up to buy it later?

Advertisement
#43262 - 10/13/12 11:17 AM Re: Question about limited editions [Re: Victim]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Limited Edition means they won't keep making them after the first run normally. You should be okay with not buying it right away, though once RightStuf puts up an item counter on it I would try to get it as quickly as possible. As if you think they are expressive now it will skyrocket when it goes OOP.

#43263 - 10/13/12 11:44 AM Re: Question about limited editions [Re: Victim]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
CheapOne already answered your question, but I'll add on to it.

Aniplex USA works pretty much exclusively with Right Stuf, so they'll know when the LE is running out.

#43264 - 10/13/12 12:31 PM Re: Question about limited editions [Re: Victim]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Another thing to take into account with "limited editions" is what you're actually getting-with crapamation all you get is a nice chipboard case and a trinket like an 8 page "art" booklet or a mouse pad.with aniplex you'll get booklets and mini posters, etc. For me content is much more important-that's why I like Sentai's releases-just the facts ma'm.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#43288 - 10/14/12 12:54 AM Re: Question about limited editions [Re: Victim]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
An Aniplex LE is MUCH more limited than your typical FUNimation/whoever LE release. I'll just throw that out there.

#43289 - 10/14/12 01:04 AM Re: Question about limited editions [Re: Victim]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I would guess there would be a normal version released in the future.

#43295 - 10/14/12 12:10 PM Re: Question about limited editions [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: EricDent
I would guess there would be a normal version released in the future.

Hard to say with Aniplex USA and NIS America. It really depends if there is enough demand for one.

#43313 - 10/14/12 09:58 PM Re: Question about limited editions [Re: Victim]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I remember only a few years ago when everybody put a lot of special stuff into their dvd releases.

My Anime Bluray Collection

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.