Start Shopping! Cart
Page 3 of 289 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 288 289 >
Topic Options
#34238 - 03/11/12 11:55 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: stargates]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: stargates
And since i've yet to see a continuation i'm kinda reluctant to get it just yet tho it's still on my 'to watch' list.
If the series is good, it might warrant our support. I get the feeling that sometimes, some companies wait and see how sales go; and then dole out the things that we all love; such as additional seasons and dubs. "It's the hard knock life for me..." Make no mistake, my OCD completist tendencies are as strong as the next guy's (girl's); but if I'm really interested in something, I don't let them stop me from experiencing what might be a great anime. I tell 'em: "Hey! You listen here g??d????t! I wanna watch this single season subbed anime cuz it rocks!" Hope is for the weak; but sometimes, it's all I got.

Advertisement
#34760 - 03/17/12 03:48 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
I don't want this to turn into another Big Windup. One season with things left hanging and no way to tie things off? While i admit that i'm curious to see it, it would be nice to know if there will be anything more in the future.

#34766 - 03/17/12 04:09 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
I doubt that you'll ever hear of a second season of "Okamisan". In another thread, a reliable source (joelgundam01, iirc), stated that the title sold poorly in Japan. Japanese studios produce anime like this one for Japanese otaku. If the otaku don't buy it, the studios don't follow up with a second season.

American purchases aren't even a factor - we pay so little for an anime in contrast to what a Japanese otaku pays, that it looks like chump change to them.

#34770 - 03/17/12 04:19 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
The World God Only Knows: Complete Collection
Ys Legacy Series Collection
2 Mature Titles
Click to reveal..
Rxxx: Prescription for Pain & Maid Service

#34773 - 03/17/12 04:35 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

World Only God Knows is a great show, haven't seen the rest. Can't wait for Sentai to release season 2 of it.

#34795 - 03/18/12 12:15 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
The World God Only Knows: Complete Collection
Ys Legacy Series Collection
2 Mature Titles
Click to reveal..
Rxxx: Prescription for Pain & Maid Service
I played a Ys video game on the Super Nintendo back in the day. I think it was called "Wanderers From Ys".

#34806 - 03/18/12 01:31 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I also played that particular game, but was unaware it was part of a much larger series. This also happened with the game Earthbound as well.
BTW one of the first videogames I ever played on the SNES was the Ultraman game.

#34810 - 03/18/12 07:20 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I've seem both The World God Only Knows seasons and while it's quite entertaining I won't be purchasing it.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#34878 - 03/18/12 11:21 PM Re: In the mail. [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I discovered a copy of Earthbound at a local independent used game shop recently, but the friggin' scalpers want $120.00 for it. Not for a Super Nintendo game I say.

#34952 - 03/20/12 08:09 AM Re: In the mail. [Re: kiku]
PetrifiedJello Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: kiku
kiku: "Hello. My name is kiku, and I'm addicted to anime."

group: "Hi kiku."

Hmmm. Something's off about this. Time to fix it:
kiku: "Hello. My name is kiku, and I'm addicted to posting on internet forums."

whistle

Couldn't resist. I think you've compiled more posts in less than a year than the entire forum has done since its inception.

As for the topic: I don't get excited for DVDs in the mail and never really have. Now, when we get to figures, that's an entirely different level of happiness.

That is, until you open up the box and discover some idiot in Japan thought it was necessary to change the design from the prototype so that Kudryavka now shows her panties.
mad

Page 3 of 289 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 288 289 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.