Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 84 of 321 < 1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 320 321 >
Topic Options
#43211 - 10/11/12 03:17 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I might check out Space pirates, buuut not any time soon.
But what's up with Fate only getting a blu-ray only release?
I wants a DVD! :P
smirk

Advertisement
#43220 - 10/11/12 08:18 PM Re: Anime News [Re: J.E.S.]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: J.E.S.

I wouldn't have it any other way than on bluray-I made the shift from dvds to blurays a couple of years ago-of course if it's only released on dvd I don't have a choice.

#43226 - 10/11/12 10:34 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Here is an update on the MB situation, direct from WTK.
And I am quoting his PM.

Let's see here. I haven't been following this recently. As far as I know, nothing really as changed. MB decided to put extras on to the home video releases before acquiring approval from Toho. There is the supposed settlement with them. All the details I can find is listed below (some old, some more recent). I'm not sure if it will be helpful to you or not.

Older stuff

Quote:
via MB Facebook page (11/22/2011)
Quote:
UPDATE: GvM, Just so everyone knows the masters are sitting for DVD and Blu Ray but at this point the can not ship as we are waiting for Toho approvals. Given this we can not make street date. We will update all once Toho gives us approval or further changes.

Everything is held up on Toho approval.

via MB Facebook page (12/3/2011)
Quote:
Updates are not always fun but need to get done. We are still waiting on Toho approvals. As we get more info I will update you all.

Sorry guys but Toho still has not approved and they are upset about DAM also. In our effort to pack this with lots of extras that folks requested Toho is now making us hold on re-orders of DAM and MvG release. We are now trying to come to a settlement with Toho.

via MB Facebook page (3/17/12)
Quote:
Can finally say OFFICIALLY, the Godzilla vs. Megalon BAREBONES version has been approved by TOHO. We will be announcing as a new release in the upcoming solicitation!

reports of our death are a bit exagerated. I guess we may as well just keep releasing stuff than.

...Yes he was compensated [Stuart Galbraith IV]. Felt bad for Carl, he does not handle payments. It was simply we pay the folks who work on discs once disc is authored. The whole TOHO approval issue put a big wrench in it all.

Newer posts from MB Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4...otal_comments=8
Quote:
- So, are there EXTRAS on this DVD after all?

- Yes pretty much all were not approved by Toho

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...otal_comments=3
Quote:
- Seriously, I want to know why I paid the same price for a "Godzilla vs Megalon" dvd with no extras, as others are paying for the versions with the extras.

- I heard about this and we are looking into it. No one should have the version with the extras It seems that Amazon is the place people claim they are coming from. Trust me there are not many and if out there was a mistake.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...otal_comments=2
Quote:
- I know you just put out the DVD but do you guys have a time frame of when you'd like to get the special edtion GvsMegalon Blu-ray out? I picked up the DVD editon and would love to upgrade to the Blu-ray.

- No timeframe as Toho will not allow it. It was done months and months ago but Toho needs to approve it.

#43227 - 10/11/12 11:08 PM Re: Anime News [Re: J.E.S.]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
I think Sentai should start releasing combo packs like Funi, then everybody wins! grin

#43235 - 10/12/12 11:43 AM Re: Anime News [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kiku
I think Sentai should start releasing combo packs like Funi, then everybody wins! grin

It would be too expensive for them, since they don't make the Blu-rays in house like Funimation does.

My how times have changed. It was a little less than 8 months ago, that you despised the combo packs with a passion.

#43238 - 10/12/12 12:08 PM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
It's hard not to love 'em. Effectively, you get copies of both the Blu-ray AND the DVD for the price of the Blu-ray. The thing is, I love DVD's. They're simple to use, generally have more language capability, and best of all; are much cheaper than Blu-rays. Plus there's a whole bunch o' value price package lines in which to get a whole series for affordable prices, not to mention affordable premium/deluxe sets too; for when you wanna splurge. I gotta give kudos to Sentai for providing me with a plethora of DVD titles over the last few years, but with this Blu-ray (only) release of Fate/Stay Night, I'm kinda miffed.

#43239 - 10/12/12 12:29 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

There was a time when DVDs were the more expensive media choice. I am sure as time goes we will be seeing value packs and cheap deals for Blu-rays as we see often with DVDs and all the media that came before it.

#43240 - 10/12/12 12:33 PM Re: Anime News [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
I gotta give kudos to Sentai for providing me with a plethora of DVD titles over the last few years, but with this Blu-ray (only) release of Fate/Stay Night, I'm kinda miffed.

That's most likely Aniplex's doing.

#43248 - 10/12/12 06:35 PM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

It would be too expensive for them, since they don't make the Blu-rays in house like Funimation does.

My how times have changed. It was a little less than 8 months ago, that you despised the combo packs with a passion.

Actually Sentai DOES do their own bluray authoring in house.

#43314 - 10/14/12 10:39 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
NIS America announced today that they have Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. They are giving it the rather unfortunate name Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl. Apart from that, I'm glad someone picked it up. smile

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...-otoko-tv-anime

Edited by Manhiem (10/14/12 10:41 PM)

Page 84 of 321 < 1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 320 321 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.