?
Page 406 of 672 < 1 2 ... 404 405 406 407 408 ... 671 672 >
Topic Options
#43291 - 10/14/12 01:14 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Thanks.

I decided to grab Ikki Tousen at work for about $12 for the SAVE edition.
We have two other versions, which are both over $20.

Advertisement
#43373 - 10/16/12 05:30 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I made quite the find today at Half Price Books. I got my hands on a copy of Perfect Blue for $5.00!

This is a call to the wisdom of Anime Today:

There are a couple of what appear to be smudges on the disc. I don't believe them to be scratches. I would like to remove them carefully, with as little agitation as possible. The smudges are on the reflective side of the DVD itself. Please advise me on the safest, most effective way to remove the smudges. Should I use isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth?

#43377 - 10/16/12 05:46 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Best way I've found is to put the disc under warm running water, take a bit of liquid hand or dish soap and use use your finger tips to gently rub the read side of the disc and then rinse and dry using a soft clean cloth (like an old undershirt) from edge to center-NEVER use a radial motion to dry a disc. If you have a stubborn spot that won't come off then use some 91% isopropyl alcohol with the same center to edge wipeing motion.

#43385 - 10/16/12 06:59 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
I made quite the find today at Half Price Books. I got my hands on a copy of Perfect Blue for $5.00!

There are a couple of what appear to be smudges on the disc. I don't believe them to be scratches. I would like to remove them carefully, with as little agitation as possible. The smudges are on the reflective side of the DVD itself. Please advise me on the safest, most effective way to remove the smudges. Should I use isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth?

Great buy... Perfect Blue... that one is outstanding.
I've watched it 3 times so far.

#43390 - 10/16/12 07:43 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
ALL of Card Captor Sakura-but not the long oop Pioneer version-I got the Madman Australian sets that are PAL R4 dvds-my dvd players can handle that no problem-$500 and up for the us Pioneer dvds is absurd as far as I'm concerned.

#43395 - 10/16/12 09:36 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku

I found this online: "How to clean a DVD" at this site: "How to Clean Things". Pretty cool site. Does anybody have any comments on using Window Cleaner on their DVD's? I also was wondering if anybody thought that maybe I could use my bottle of "Monster" Screen Clean Home & Office Display Cleaner on my DVD.

#43396 - 10/16/12 10:36 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I mixed 1 part warm water and 1 part 91% isopropyl alcohol in a dixie cup. I wrapped a microfiber cloth around my index finger and dipped it just a bit. Then I gently and carefully wiped radially from the center of the disc. Every mark came right off and the disc looks brand new! Yay! A mint copy of Perfect Blue for $5.00, not bad. It's even got the original insert inside.

#43398 - 10/16/12 11:03 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I have used Windex on a paper towel to clean some DVDs.
Mostly only if they are very dirty.

I have used the radial motion, and nothing has happened to make the disc unreadable.

In fact several of those store bought cleaning kits use a circular motion to clean.

Anyhow, I got Strike Witches 2 at work for $38.88 plus tax.
So about $40.
Sure I don't currently have the combo pack version of season 1 to put in the box (have the second DVD version). Maybe if there is a good sale on it during Christmas I might grab it (and sell the DVD version).

Seriously Funimation must be getting a really good deal on Blu-Ray cases.
Since most of the combo packs are now Blu-Ray sized cases.
Still kinda wonder just how they conned people into switching to that size when I am sure there are loads of people with huge DVD collections.
Who are a tad OCD when in comes to "matching sizes".

#43402 - 10/16/12 11:51 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The power of cuteness compels me:

Lucky Star Complete Collection Anime Legends Edition
Lucky Star OVA
Doki Doki School Hours Box Set
Doki Doki School Hours CD Soundtrack
Azumanga Daioh Complete Collection
Pani Poni Dash Complete Series S.A.V.E.

#43403 - 10/17/12 12:12 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Nice! The "holy trinity" of fun school shows! (Azumanga, Pani Poni, Lucky Star).
Plus Doki Doki is pretty good as well.

Page 406 of 672 < 1 2 ... 404 405 406 407 408 ... 671 672 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.