Topic Options
#42978 - 10/02/12 10:06 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Thatís crazy talk crazy I loved it, why didnít they frown

Fans of the manga did not like that they altered too many of the story's elements. I actually agree with them on that.

There were quite a few inconsistencies through out the anime series. For example, you can actually tell when a scene was added in, because of Satellizer's Haphephobia. She can't stand anyone touching her even on the clothes (except for Kazuya), yet there are several scenes where one of the ladies are touching her.

The biggest alteration was the ending, which made it flashy but altered the entire plot. The animators pulled off a Claymore and it's going to be very hard to be able to continue on without doing an entire rewrite, which none of the manga fans want to see.

Personally, I was just glad that they didn't alter the lead characters' personalities (Satella and Kazuya). I was still able to enjoy it even with all of its flaws.

GotíyaÖ However, speaking for myself.
I for one, have never held it against a Filmmaker ( after my initial venting ) for the liberties
that are needed to be taken for bringing a Book to the Screen.

*Even if I have exercised my freedom of speech to comment About changes made when going from Book to Movie
With Titles like Dune, Lord of the Rings or Battlefield Earth, after venting, I got over it and enjoyed the Movie's
But it took that little something extra to get me to enjoy Battlefield Earth after the first time I saw it.

By the way, I love Dune & Lord of the Rings, even Battlefield Erath.
However John Travolta should of had a scene ( it would of only taken a minute ) showing that the other Humanís
had spent at least a minute each in the "Psychlos Learning Machine" ( Iím not talking about the Flight Simulator )
Before having them show up at the end flying Harrier Jets.

So whether itís Books to Movies or Manga into Anime
People need to loosen up and Enjoy !

Advertisement
#42980 - 10/03/12 12:11 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
I would tend to agree that some tweeking may be necessary to bring a story from the page to the screen, and if that is the only reason for a change, I have no problem with it. However, there is another kind of change that I despise.

The type of change that I'm talking about is when a director or a producer decides to change the story just so that he can "make it his", or "leave his mark on it". As far as I'm concerned, that is a totally invalid reason for a change. When you say that you're adapting a written work for the screen, the audience expects to see the story that they have come to love, from the original author. They didn't come to see something that was mangled for the benefit of the director's ego. If you're going to use the original title, and the name of the original author to promote your film, then you need to bring THAT STORY to the screen. If you're not going to do that, then you need to put a different title and YOUR OWN NAME on it, because you're not bringing the original story to the screen anymore.

Sorry, but that's just a pet peeve of mine.

Edited by Manhiem (10/03/12 12:14 AM)

#42983 - 10/03/12 02:28 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Agree totally with that Manhiem. I hate when a movie/anime makes major changes to a story. Sure it may not be possible to be 100% faithful but don't go and make a big change just for the fun of it.

#42988 - 10/03/12 06:54 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Agree totally with that Manhiem. I hate when a movie/anime makes major changes to a story. Sure it may not be possible to be 100% faithful but don't go and make a big change just for the fun of it.

I'm with'ya on that...

Edit
*However.....*

#42989 - 10/03/12 06:57 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Irregardless of the subtleties of taking artistic liberty, I would definitely tolerate, as joelgundam01 said: "an entire rewrite"; if it meant that I would have the luxury of enjoying more Freezing.

#42996 - 10/03/12 07:24 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Irregardless of the subtleties of taking artistic liberty, I would definitely tolerate, as joelgundam01 said: "an entire rewrite"; if it meant that I would have the luxury of enjoying more Freezing.

Despite what Iíve said, if it meant we'd get more Freezing ( Anime ) or any other Anime I like.
Iíd tolerate any and all changes necessary especially since I donít read "Manga".
And I wouldn't know of, nor care about any changes.

#42997 - 10/03/12 07:52 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just noticed the Cover Image for
Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls
Is now on the Item description pageÖ. yummyNice ! yummy

#43000 - 10/03/12 01:26 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Still waiting on the cover art for the DVD.

#43002 - 10/03/12 02:41 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Still waiting on the cover art for the DVD.

I'm Hoping it is the same, cause I ordered the DVD set

yummy I keep finding myself just looking at that Picture yummy

#43003 - 10/03/12 04:07 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: BWBODDY]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

[
I'm Hoping it is the same, cause I ordered the DVD set

yummy I keep finding myself just looking at that Picture yummy

It is here is the cover art
(NSFW. Very Ecchi DVD art)Majikoi

Edited by Cheap One (10/03/12 04:12 PM)

Page 403 of 792 < 1 2 ... 401 402 403 404 405 ... 791 792 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.