Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 203 of 735 < 1 2 ... 201 202 203 204 205 ... 734 735 >
Topic Options
#24174 - 07/30/11 06:25 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Well I decided to take a little trip up to Killeen, which is about 40 miles northwest of Georgetown.

The reason was to check out the Suncoast video (one of the last ones still around), the reason it's still there is cause the mall it's in is really close to Fort Hood, and a lot of Military people shop at that mall. The only thing that was somewhat interesting (but I did not buy) was the Haruhi-Chan set 1 (which was about $25). Of course since it's Suncoast, most of the stuff was really high priced, but they did have quite a bit of stuff that nobody else carries, like old used single volume stuff.

Then I went to the Hastings (which is also the closest one, since the other is in San Marcos, which is about 60 miles away).
I asked if they were planning on re-opening a store near Round Rock, but no one knew. I also asked if they had Strike Witches, but even though they had 2 copies, they could not find it.

I ended up getting the remastered version of Project A-KO, just cause I have not seen it in so long (and I did like it), I think the reason that I sold it in the first place was that I also had the other "parts" to the series (which were no where as good). However this release does not come with the soundtrack, which some of the earlier releases had.

This set has some pretty fun stuff on it, in one of them it showed the LA recording studio where they made the rather awesome music (which still is pretty good all these years later). The funny part was seeing all those people dressed in the styles/hair-dos of that time. This is one of the very rare occasions where they made the music in the USA for a Japanese show. Also got a couple of Godzilla comics, and the total was about $25, so I did not spend that much.

Advertisement
#24175 - 07/30/11 06:29 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: stargates]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: stargates
It's a blind buy but i put an order for Dominion Tank Police 1&2. The only way i could get it was used (prefer new). I'll see how 'Like New' it is when it comes in, but it's one that I've been wanting to check out for a while.

I've got both, it's a fun, cute Anime.
You should enjoy it.

#24182 - 07/31/11 01:14 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: stargates]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
It's a blind buy but i put an order for Dominion Tank Police 1&2. The only way i could get it was used (prefer new). I'll see how 'Like New' it is when it comes in, but it's one that I've been wanting to check out for a while.
What's up with the Cat Girls anyway? Anyhoo... I was investigating Dominion Tank Police and New Dominion Tank Police on wikipedia, pretty old school. Apparently Ghost In The Shell is somehow connected to DTP. I'm not sure if they are both part of a larger universe made by one of the series' creators, if GITS has roots in DTP, or what. Supposedly the "Think Tank" from Ghost In The Shell made it's 1st appearance in Dominion Tank Police. Also the Puma Twins from DTP had a cameo appearance in an episode of GITS.

I vaguely remember watching this show, but I can't be sure because it was so long ago and my mind was stew of cheap booze (and whatnot) in those days.

#24185 - 07/31/11 10:36 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Quote:
Also the Puma Twins from DTP had a cameo appearance in an episode of GITS.

REALLY?? Can you be more specific about where in the series, or can anyone else second that?
Itís not that I donít believe you (far from it), itís just that I canít believe I would of miss them if they had made an appearance.

Iíve seen GITS countless times ether by watching the complete collection (Movies & Series) on DVD or just like last night, the next to the last episode in the series aired here on Adult Swim.
I donít recall ever seeing the Puma Girls, but still, because of the sear complexity ( layered in the Video & Audio ) of the Series there are still Little things that you can still pick up on for the first time ever time itís viewed.

Well now, this is going to bug the hell out of me, today I was going to replace a 3 by 4 section of Chain link Fence in my back yard that I've put off for 2 months but now confused

I just got up, Iím on my 1st cup of Coffee, now I have to decide, Chain Link Fence or watch
Dominion Tank Police & New Dominion Police Tank Police( because now I want to watch it ) and Than Ghost in the Shell ( because now I want to watch it & to see if I can spot the Pumas Girls )cry

Decisions, DecisionsÖ. whistle

#24193 - 07/31/11 11:51 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Pre-ordered the following:
Gakuen Alice Litebox edition
Black Blood Brothers S.A.V.E. edition.
Normally I don't really do pre-orders but with sale going on I felt I could really get a good price for those two.

Also i hope Right Stuf get's Oreimo up for pre-order on monday.
I want to pre-order that bad-boy.....or would it be bad girl?
smirk

#24215 - 08/01/11 01:48 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I pulled that information regarding the Dominion Tank Police/Ghost In The Shell connection from Wikipedia. You could begin your search for the truth there. Wiki's often a good place to start. Sometimes there's helpful links.

#24230 - 08/01/11 12:51 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
This doesn't have anything to do with buying anime but I have a thing for catgirls-like Merle from Escaflowne or the puma girls from Dominion Tank Police or-well, you get the idea. Nice kitty kitty.

#24234 - 08/01/11 02:04 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Who doesn't love the cat-girl. laugh
I love cat-girls so much that if one asked me to be her bride I'd happily oblige. wink
Long live the cat-girl! grin
smirk

#24235 - 08/01/11 02:33 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm all for Nuku Nuku, I like them all, but my favorite is the Original.

I love all of those ďCute Irascible Snaggletooth RedheadsĒ their a main stay in Anime.

#24241 - 08/01/11 03:57 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: BWBODDY]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

I've got both, it's a fun, cute Anime.
You should enjoy it.

I'm hoping so, especially since i was able to get it for a fairly decent price.

Page 203 of 735 < 1 2 ... 201 202 203 204 205 ... 734 735 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.