Here is an update on the MB situation, direct from WTK.
And I am quoting his PM.
Let's see here. I haven't been following this recently. As far as I know, nothing really as changed. MB decided to put extras on to the home video releases before acquiring approval from Toho. There is the supposed settlement with them. All the details I can find is listed below (some old, some more recent). I'm not sure if it will be helpful to you or not.
via MB Facebook page (11/22/2011)
UPDATE: GvM, Just so everyone knows the masters are sitting for DVD and Blu Ray but at this point the can not ship as we are waiting for Toho approvals. Given this we can not make street date. We will update all once Toho gives us approval or further changes.
Everything is held up on Toho approval.
via MB Facebook page (12/3/2011)
Updates are not always fun but need to get done. We are still waiting on Toho approvals. As we get more info I will update you all.
Sorry guys but Toho still has not approved and they are upset about DAM also. In our effort to pack this with lots of extras that folks requested Toho is now making us hold on re-orders of DAM and MvG release. We are now trying to come to a settlement with Toho.
via MB Facebook page (3/17/12)
Can finally say OFFICIALLY, the Godzilla vs. Megalon BAREBONES version has been approved by TOHO. We will be announcing as a new release in the upcoming solicitation!
reports of our death are a bit exagerated. I guess we may as well just keep releasing stuff than.
...Yes he was compensated [Stuart Galbraith IV]. Felt bad for Carl, he does not handle payments. It was simply we pay the folks who work on discs once disc is authored. The whole TOHO approval issue put a big wrench in it all.
Newer posts from MB Facebook http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4...otal_comments=8
- So, are there EXTRAS on this DVD after all?
- Yes pretty much all were not approved by Tohohttp://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...otal_comments=3
- Seriously, I want to know why I paid the same price for a "Godzilla vs Megalon" dvd with no extras, as others are paying for the versions with the extras.
- I heard about this and we are looking into it. No one should have the version with the extras It seems that Amazon is the place people claim they are coming from. Trust me there are not many and if out there was a mistake.http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...otal_comments=2
- I know you just put out the DVD but do you guys have a time frame of when you'd like to get the special edtion GvsMegalon Blu-ray out? I picked up the DVD editon and would love to upgrade to the Blu-ray.
- No timeframe as Toho will not allow it. It was done months and months ago but Toho needs to approve it.