UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced

Advertisement
#37205 - 05/04/12 09:20 PM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
NIS America has acquired the "Bunny Drop" anime series.

Now that is one good series that i'll be looking forward to.

#37207 - 05/04/12 09:21 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I've been asking around the forum about Bunny Drop. What can you tell me stargates?

#37210 - 05/04/12 09:30 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Well the description on ANN does pretty good without really giving anything away. I thought that it was a nice slice of life series helps to capture what it's like to go from single to instant family in a split second. One that i feel is worth your time. I believe that Christy actually enjoyed that manga version of it too.

(i hope that's not too confusing since i'm dead tired right now grin )

Edited by stargates (05/04/12 09:32 PM)

#37216 - 05/05/12 01:06 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...s-of-april-2011

Not sure what this actually means, but it's probably not good...

#37223 - 05/05/12 04:26 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Hmm-they still exist but they don't, what an interesting paradox.

#37224 - 05/05/12 04:38 AM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yeah and boy was there a really odd "back & forth" going on at ANN.
Between the ANN CEO & Media Blasters CEO.
You would think two college educated professionals would not bicker like kids.

They do have a rather telling track record of all the delays, cancelations, and of course them not getting the recent Queens Blade series was kinda odd.

Personally I am kinda wondering why it's taking them until August to put out a "barebones" DVD/Blu-Ray version of Godzilla Vs Megalon.
A title that was supposed to be out in late December of 2011.

#37227 - 05/05/12 09:53 AM Re: Anime News [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent

To me ALL it means is yet another delay for Anime That I once had on order ( cancelled due to being pulled completely from the release line up )
and of Anime that I still had on order, but has now been push backed. ( again )

My World will Brighten considerably when I see Titles like, Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians back on the per-order line up

Edited by BWBODDY (05/05/12 02:02 PM)

#37233 - 05/05/12 12:05 PM Re: Anime News [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: EricDent

It doesn't mean a whole lot. NY State has some of the highest taxes around. They also give tax brakes and extensions to businesses (especially small businesses).

Each state is different when it comes to income taxes. New York is no different. When it comes to tax extensions, you have up to five years (IIRC) to pay them off as long you file the extensions on time every year.

According to John, they goofed up on the tax extension and it appears that NY refused it. It also appears that John wasn't alerted about it until it was too late (that's typical NY for you). NY listed MB as a closed business because of it and MB is mow working on getting that fixed.

The bicker fight is reasonable in my eyes and I'm kind of glad it was brought out in the public. It's probably the only way to get Chris to react quickly or their own reputation is on the line.

It looks like ANN blab about this news to some of MB's competitors and they have been having field day with it. It's probably how MB lost the chance to pick up the new season of Queen's Blade. Something they said they were going to acquire, but at the end it was acquired by Sentai.

John is old fashioned and the number that Chris has is to his office phone. John said that he's been in NJ for the week, working on getting a new building open for their Live Action division. In other words, he's been out of the office. If they notified him through email, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Chris claims that he had the email wrong, but I find that hard to believe. John has had that email address for over 10 years and it's been available to the public. For the longest time, it's been available on their own web site.

#37240 - 05/05/12 02:04 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Well I can't really say what exactly happened, since I am not that informed on the goings on of anime companies.

However if they knew they would be out if the office for a while, they could have at least given out the phone number to where they were. Plus in today's rather high tech world it is rather odd for anybody (especially the head of a company) to be "old fashioned". I mean pretty much everybody has cell phones now, and he could of had the calls forwarded to that.

Plus you think that they could have easily solved the problem with a simple phone call, instead of bickering like school kids for everybody to see.
Has the communication skills of everybody gone down by that much, that we can't talk to each other via the phone? Are we so reliant on email, Facebook, and Twitter now?

Page 70 of 308 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 307 308 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.