Start Shopping! Cart
Page 592 of 998 < 1 2 ... 590 591 592 593 594 ... 997 998 >
Topic Options
#45378 - 11/28/12 07:47 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Does that mean that the DVD version is not remastered? Does that mean that the DVD version is the "old Pioneer version"?

Well.... I'm now watching the DVD of it, I watched the first half on Bluray,
and I do not see any difference between it and the Bluray.

Iím sure that people with higher dollar machines might be able to spot the difference ( ? )
But Iím like the average person ( I think ) my Bluray & Flat Screen TV are both of the "affordable variety".

Iím talking of course about the deference between the DVD & Bluray in the new Combo Pack.
Not the older DVD to the new Bluray.
( Iíve already commented previously about how nice the picture looks in this Combo release )

Advertisement
#45379 - 11/28/12 10:06 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kiku
Does that mean that the DVD version is not remastered? Does that mean that the DVD version is the "old Pioneer version"?

Funimation only has the rights to the remastered version of the show. Both the BD and DVD versions in the combo pack will have the remastered video.

#45384 - 11/28/12 11:06 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Thank you very much B Dub and joelgundam01 for your concrete responses. You guys are the best!

#45463 - 11/29/12 12:24 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
LaughingMan Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Niagara Falls. Canada
Because it was super popular while I was in Japan this past May, with figures and posters and memorabilia (oh my!) plastered everywhere, I bought both seasons of Strike Witches without having looked into the series beforehand.

SO it arrived last week and I watched the first season last night. Well, to be honest, I'm not sure if I love it and for what reasons. Bit of an internal battle being waged in my head... the severe amount of bloomer and panty shots is beyond silly, but I'm such a sucker for kemonomimi that my inner otaku is singing praise for it. (even if the ears/tails receive zero recognition and serve no apparent purpose in the series) >.<

#45480 - 11/29/12 01:00 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: LaughingMan]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
That's right LaughingMan. You can't put your finger on it because Strike Witches speaks to the soul. Mi-Ya-Fu-Ji! Kemonomimi, that's twice I had to refer to the "Animes?Manga subculture terminology" topic today. You are right about one thing for sure. My inner otaku sings praise for shimapan and snaggletooth!

#45491 - 11/29/12 01:40 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: LaughingMan]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: LaughingMan
Because it was super popular while I was in Japan this past May, with figures and posters and memorabilia (oh my!) plastered everywhere, I bought both seasons of Strike Witches without having looked into the series beforehand.

SO it arrived last week and I watched the first season last night. Well, to be honest, I'm not sure if I love it and for what reasons. Bit of an internal battle being waged in my head... the severe amount of bloomer and panty shots is beyond silly, but I'm such a sucker for kemonomimi that my inner otaku is singing praise for it. (even if the ears/tails receive zero recognition and serve no apparent purpose in the series) >.<

In Season 2 it's T&A action.. wink ..

#45496 - 11/29/12 05:44 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Just got Welcome To The Space Show on bluray and am 1/2 through it-really nice!! It's a shame this isn't available in the us-it already has a nice english dub.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#45569 - 12/01/12 07:04 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Iíve watched everything Evangelion, except 1.11 & 2.22.
And now Iíve just finished up watching 1.11, Iíll watch 2.22 after I log off.

I think Iím liking these Movies the best so far
( I havenít watched 2.22 yet, but I think IĎll dig it )

Of course, Shinji has been a little Whinny Bitch in all of the incarnations of Evangelion.

Aren't there suppose to be two more of these Movies ???

#45570 - 12/01/12 07:45 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BWBODDY]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Yes, there are supposed to be two more. The third was just recently shown in theatres in Japan. The last one may come out (in Japan) in late 2013 or 2014.

#45573 - 12/02/12 10:08 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Iíve watched everything Evangelion, except 1.11 & 2.22.
And now Iíve just finished up watching 1.11, Iíll watch 2.22 after I log off.

I think Iím liking these Movies the best so far
( I havenít watched 2.22 yet, but I think IĎll dig it )

Of course, Shinji has been a little Whinny Bitch in all of the incarnations of Evangelion.

Aren't there suppose to be two more of these Movies ???

Iím watching 2.22 now.
Well this is new.... A character Iíve not seen in any of the other Evangelionís before.
Mari Illustrious Makinami the Pilot of Unit 05 ( before she set it to Self Destruct )
Iím at the part where she lands on Shinjiís face .. laugh ..

I can only assume she was added to be a Counter Personality,
to both the emotionless Rei & the brash, loud mouthed Asuka.

Iím digging these Movies more than the previous incarnations of Evangelion.
Of course I do recommend you watch all the pervious stuff before watching these movies.
Itís going to be a difficult wait for the last two Movies to come out.

Page 592 of 998 < 1 2 ... 590 591 592 593 594 ... 997 998 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.