Start Shopping! Cart
Page 282 of 1079 < 1 2 ... 280 281 282 283 284 ... 1078 1079 >
Topic Options
#20330 - 11/29/10 01:23 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: baldylox]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Going to start Galaxy Railways again. It's been some time since i saw it last, so i thought 'why not?'.

Advertisement
#20339 - 11/30/10 08:57 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Seitokai No Ichizon-I don't really know what to make of it other than it's really funny.

#20346 - 11/30/10 12:11 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Still watching Cowboy Bebop... Radical Edward my personal favorite character.

Funny thing... while CB is my favorite anime series, she is my least favorite member of the crew. lol I wish she had been a lot less spazzy. Spike is my obvious favorite, closely followed by Vicious (I love his voice). Julia is an interesting character, but we see too little of her. Faye and Jet are great, but when Spike and Vicious are together in a scene, I think the show is at its best.

#20352 - 11/30/10 02:39 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Stefanie]
Chalryn Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Walden, NY
Been a while since I last updated in here... Or, at least, it feels like it, hah.

Currently, working my way through Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I'd always seen bits and pieces on Adult Swim over the years, but just never got around to sitting through from start to finish. Just started using Netflix not too long ago, so I looked it up and found it all available for streaming. Booya! Finished the first season a few days ago, and I'm now halfway through the second season. Enjoying it all around, despite having seen much of it already.

I just wish I were a bit more intelligent, since much of the dialogue in the series goes over my head, haha. ^^; Thankfully, they'll usually explain things in detail at some point or other, if not right away.

MAL: Currently Watching, Completed

#20353 - 11/30/10 03:34 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Finished watching Trinity Blood and Jinki: Extend over the weekend.

I forgot how much I enjoyed Trinity Blood on AS. It's been a while, since I've seen a series where the main character isn't a kid.

As for Jinki: Extend, not bad and I kept the "time jumping" warning in mind when watching. I was able to follow the plot completely. The insert (contains character flow chat) that ADV included with the first volume came in handy.

#20359 - 12/01/10 09:48 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
I forgot how much I enjoyed Trinity Blood on AS. It's been a while, since I've seen a series where the main character isn't a kid.

Megadittos!

#20362 - 12/01/10 02:05 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Texas
Like I said before, in the Japanese version of Cowboy Bebop Ed is not as "spazzy" as in the English version. In fact besides being a bit odd on occasion (acting like a dog/cat) she seems kind of mellow when compared to the English version.

Of course maybe it just seems that way...cause I have not gotten to the most Ed-centric episode yet.

#20363 - 12/01/10 02:18 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Finished watching Trinity Blood and Jinki: Extend over the weekend.

You mean that there are actually anime series out there without kids as the lead character?! WOW! smile

As for Jinki: Extend, not bad and I kept the "time jumping" warning in mind when watching. I was able to follow the plot completely. The insert (contains character flow chat) that ADV included with the first volume came in handy.

I did the same thing. I went in pretty prepared with the time jumping thing already in mind which does help a lot as well as the flow chart. What i don't get is why just do the 12-13 eps when, if you did 20+ you could've had a lot less confusion and been able make the story flow a lot better than having to 'prep' the fans as to what's going on before hand as well as a cheat sheet so that they can follow the series.

#20368 - 12/01/10 04:04 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: stargates

I did the same thing. I went in pretty prepared with the time jumping thing already in mind which does help a lot as well as the flow chart. What i don't get is why just do the 12-13 eps when, if you did 20+ you could've had a lot less confusion and been able make the story flow a lot better than having to 'prep' the fans as to what's going on before hand as well as a cheat sheet so that they can follow the series.

The simple answer is the budget. The animation in the 13 episodes (especially with the mechs) were a little shaky. I don't even want to picture what a 26 episode (low budget) version of Jinki: Extend would look like.

A simple way to reduce the confusion is to include the time (via subtitle), when doing the time skips (like Baccano).

Edited by joelgundam01 (12/01/10 04:05 PM)

#20385 - 12/02/10 10:18 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I agree. It all comes down to the money. It's just the thought of having to 'prep' fans to let them know how to go about following the series that still bugs me. Even if the budget weren't the best i'd still opt for a 26 ep series where the story would be more fluid and you could flesh out the characters as well as any backstories that can be told instead of cramming everything into 13 eps.

Page 282 of 1079 < 1 2 ... 280 281 282 283 284 ... 1078 1079 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2015 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.