Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 140 of 881 < 1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 880 881 >
Topic Options
#10994 - 06/19/09 09:42 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I gonna start Clannad-After Story-if I can get the dvd made.

Advertisement
#11003 - 06/20/09 09:58 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: J.E.S.]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
Is sol bianca any good? I've thinking about picking that title up after seeing it in the bargin bin. I really like the design but is the story just as good as the art?

It is a very stylish anime both in animation and music. Character design is like that of the Armitage and Ghost in the shell movies. Animation is cinema quality with a good portion of CGI. The story is interesting and fast paced. Not a dull moment.
There is one rather adult scene late in the series. It is only 6 episodes long, but it is an entact story that doesn't rush at the end. I was very pleased and surprised with my purchase. I would recommend it. smile

#11007 - 06/20/09 04:02 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
I just caught up on the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's and Bleach.

#11009 - 06/20/09 07:59 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
Is sol bianca any good? I've thinking about picking that title up after seeing it in the bargin bin. I really like the design but is the story just as good as the art?

It is a very stylish anime both in animation and music. Character design is like that of the Armitage and Ghost in the shell movies. Animation is cinema quality with a good portion of CGI. The story is interesting and fast paced. Not a dull moment.
There is one rather adult scene late in the series. It is only 6 episodes long, but it is an entact story that doesn't rush at the end. I was very pleased and surprised with my purchase. I would recommend it. smile

From what i've read, Sol Bianca-Legacy is a prequel to the series that came out in the early '90's from ADV. I was thhinking on getting this one too, but didn't know if it you needed to watch them together or if you are able to watch them as standalone stories? As far as animation goes, doesn't bother me any since i enjoyed both Armitage & GITS.

#11016 - 06/21/09 12:59 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
manga4micah Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

I just got done watching Gantz and that show was really messed up it had Violence,Gore,Nudity,Uber foul Language and one of the most confusing endings i think i have ever seen.

#11017 - 06/21/09 08:26 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
It is a very stylish anime both in animation and music. Character design is like that of the Armitage and Ghost in the shell movies. Animation is cinema quality with a good portion of CGI. The story is interesting and fast paced. Not a dull moment.There is one rather adult scene late in the series. It is only 6 episodes long, but it is an entact story that doesn't rush at the end. I was very pleased and surprised with my purchase. I would recommend it. smile
Darn It! Now i have to rearrange my purchasing list for this week... grinThank you for your input.

#11018 - 06/21/09 08:32 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I thought it was remake of the original. I wanted to ask if the one hobby ninja had seen was the original or the newer one. But then I wasn't sure if they even brought that one to dvd in the first place. Both are very pretty. In third project A-ko movie they do the opening scene in the style of sol bianca. Makes me wish I seen the original at least once.

#11020 - 06/21/09 01:51 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: J.E.S.]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Deathnote: Relight: Visions of a God
Damnit. I thought it was going to really put a new spin on things. All it does (I'm 1/2 an hour in) is recap the series in roughly 2 hours it seems.
lame.

#11021 - 06/21/09 01:55 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Gevin]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
MACADEMI WASSHOI!-what a wierd show.

#11022 - 06/21/09 02:31 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: zrdb]
GreenGel Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
Just watched Sword of the Stranger on blu-ray. This is my first anime on blu-ray and it looks really good. Parts of it looked great and I think if I was comparing side by side the blu-ray vs. DVD I would notice a bigger difference throughout, but I was still really happy with the way it looked.

The movie itself was pretty good, not the best I've seen, but entertaining and it had a good English voice cast for it.

Page 140 of 881 < 1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 880 881 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.