Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 297 of 610 < 1 2 ... 295 296 297 298 299 ... 609 610 >
Topic Options
#46123 - 12/13/12 05:44 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida, USA
The last anime that I finished watching was Ouran High School Host Club. I finished watching it last weekend, it was hilarious. Now im looking to start watching Anohana this weekend since im off from work on the weekends.

My Figure Collection

Advertisement
#46138 - 12/13/12 04:04 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
oldcharlie55 Offline

Loc: New York
The other day while home sick from work I was looking at some stuff I bought recently and decided to watch all of Serial Experiments Lain, having just gotten the new Blu-Ray release last month. I had watched it twice before, once in English and once in Japanese with subtitles, which is how I watched it this time (I have the old Geneon Signature Series singles). It's a great show but somehow I had a different impression of it this time around. I actually am wondering if-and how much-the subtitles on this new version vary from the other (they used the same English dub) as they were definitely redone. One thing I recall from the Pioneer/Geneon release was whenever Lain's double was referenced she was called "Rain" in the subtitles, but that is not done in the new titles. Fortunately, unlike the subtitles on some FUNimation Blu-Rays these were legible. The picture quality is definitely improved over the original release, but I don't think the new release has all the extras that were on the old discs so I think, at least for now, I'll keep the old DVDs (even though the new release is a combo set).

#46145 - 12/13/12 06:57 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
J.E.S. Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Got this one done:

Human Crossing

Okay let me get this off my cheast;
OMG! This show was so FUGLY!!! shocked sick cry
FUGLY@** character designs...
FUGLY @** animation...
and overall art wise it was just plain FUGLY.
However, as cheesy as they got I really liked the stories. smile
A few of them even made me cry.
Human Crossing is one of those rare series where I was able to look past the FUGLY and found a surprising heart warming set of stories.
Like the fourth episode where a daughter has to deal with her negletful father.
Click to reveal..
He was a bad dad, so much that her mother killed herself over it. But when she sees that he lives with her brother and his abusive son, she invites him( her father) to stay with her!

I balled at that.
Mostly cause I know I'd never be that good of daughter.
So yeah, in short: FUGLY series; good writing = me keeping.
Now I'm off to finish a few more.
smirk

#46148 - 12/13/12 08:59 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kiku]
LaughingMan Offline

Loc: Niagara Falls. Canada
Arguably my favourite anime, hands-down. When I first watched it a few years ago, ended up finding some *really* poor copy from the Phillipines that had english subs. They're so poor though, I'm debating buying the new version from Rightstuf.

My friends and I even cosplayed as Krauser and his die-hard fans over the summer. So fun =D

#46150 - 12/13/12 09:11 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Tales of EarthSea: pretty good movie with (as usual from a Disney dub) good voices. The apple did not fall far from the tree (despite their so-called "differences").
Like his father Goro knows how to tell a good story, full of good characters.

I think if it had come out in wide release theaters, it would have done well.

As per usual with Studio Ghibli the visuals were great, and the music was very "epic" feeling. The only odd part was that during the end song, there was no subtitles to say what they were singing.
Though it might be the DVDs fault, cause the only sub options they had were for the Japanese version or for the hearing impaired.

Anyhow, it's a very good movie.
If you are a fan of Studio Ghibli, then check it out.

BTW I have never read the books, and j had no problem figureing out what was going on.

#46162 - 12/14/12 03:19 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: LaughingMan]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: LaughingMan
Arguably my favourite anime, hands-down. When I first watched it a few years ago, ended up finding some *really* poor copy from the Phillipines that had english subs. They're so poor though, I'm debating buying the new version from Rightstuf.

My friends and I even cosplayed as Krauser and his die-hard fans over the summer. So fun =D
Did anybody pull off Camus? That hair would be hard to replicate.

#46168 - 12/14/12 05:52 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline

The last anime that I finished watching was Ouran Highschool Host Club, I finished it last weekend. It was a pretty hilarious anime, I gave it a perfect 10/10.

My Figure Collection

#46174 - 12/14/12 11:29 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Needless - I entered into the title with very low expectations and it really delivered. We get a unique cast of characters with a few badass ones. The plot is very interesting, the pacing was just right and it had a very satisfying ending. I couldn't ask for anything more. A-

#46235 - 12/15/12 11:46 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
Wise Silver Wolf Offline

I just finished watching all 11 episodes of Anohana in one day, it was an amazing anime! for those that enjoyed Clannad you will love Anohana. I give the series a perfect 10/10, its a shame that the license for it in North America is owned by NIS which only releases anime with English subtitles (no English dub). I really feel that this series deserves an English dub but I dont think that it will ever happen as long as its owned by NIS. Its still a great series though, I highly recommend it.

My Figure Collection

#46256 - 12/16/12 12:43 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: EricDent]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Tales of EarthSea: pretty good movie with (as usual from a Disney dub) good voices. The apple did not fall far from the tree (despite their so-called "differences").
Like his father Goro knows how to tell a good story, full of good characters.

I think if it had come out in wide release theaters, it would have done well.

As per usual with Studio Ghibli the visuals were great, and the music was very "epic" feeling. The only odd part was that during the end song, there was no subtitles to say what they were singing.
Though it might be the DVDs fault, cause the only sub options they had were for the Japanese version or for the hearing impaired.

Anyhow, it's a very good movie.
If you are a fan of Studio Ghibli, then check it out.

BTW I have never read the books, and j had no problem figureing out what was going on.

Yeah-almost everybody who reviewed it said it was utter crap-I for one thought it was quite good-my bluray of Tales From Earthsea (UK region B) just has regular subtitles.

My Anime Bluray Collection

Page 297 of 610 < 1 2 ... 295 296 297 298 299 ... 609 610 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.