Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 138 of 547 < 1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 546 547 >
Topic Options
#27781 - 10/01/11 10:46 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Just finished both Vampire Hunter D, and Ninja Cadets.

Despite it's age (1985!) Vampire Hunter D still holds up pretty well.
Of course it helps when the character designer is Yoshitaka Amano (he is pretty famous for character designs for most of the early Final Fantasy games).

Ninja Cadets was short (only 2 episodes) but was kind of fun. It had a mix of action similar in style to Ninja Scroll (though not bloody) and a bit of comedy in a similar vein to Ninja Nonsense (though not as random). It seemed like they wanted the show to continue, since there is a rather "to be continued" ending.

Was going to watch Bloodlust, but about 20 minutes in the disc starts acting up.
It looked clean, might have to try a different DVD player. BTW any suggestions on how to get rid of the annoying Blockbuster sticker that they put on top of the disc sometimes?

Advertisement
#27782 - 10/02/11 12:39 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
zentropa Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: Minneapolis
I enjoyed (appreciated is probably a better word than enjoyed) the first series so much so I bought Il Teatrino right when it came out so I got stuck paying a premium when it had a $59 MSRP. There are series that I don't mind paying a premium on... Il Teatrino just wasn't one of them.

I replaced my DVD set with the Bluray set but I ended up dumping off Il Teatrino and the OVA and never replaced them.

#27784 - 10/02/11 01:08 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: EricDent
BTW any suggestions on how to get rid of the annoying Blockbuster sticker that they put on top of the disc sometimes?
Whenever I want to get a sticker (and it's glue) off of something I use WD40. Works like a charm. Spray a little on, rub it in with a dry cotton handkerchief. Repeat until the glue is gone. Make sure to use a clean cotton handkerchief to wipe off the WD40 when your done. Don't quote me on this though, I'd hate for you to be mad at me because your disc got damaged; it's just the method that I use.

#27785 - 10/02/11 10:38 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: EricDent
BTW any suggestions on how to get rid of the annoying Blockbuster sticker that they put on top of the disc sometimes?
Whenever I want to get a sticker (and it's glue) off of something I use WD40. Works like a charm. Spray a little on, rub it in with a dry cotton handkerchief. Repeat until the glue is gone. Make sure to use a clean cotton handkerchief to wipe off the WD40 when your done. Don't quote me on this though, I hate for you to be mad at me because your disc got damaged; it's just the method that I use.

NEVER-NEVER use WD40 or anything like it to remove stickers from dvds, cds or blurays unless you want the disc to decompose over time. What I do is use my fingernails to scrape the sticker off and then use a soft cloth dipped in 91% isopropyl alcohol (can be gotten almost anywhere) and gently rub the residual adhesive and sticker off. It works like a charm and won't harm the disc. Also if you have a disc that has smudges or fingerprints on it just wash it with liquid hand soap under warm running water and gently dry it with a soft cloth.

#27790 - 10/02/11 11:20 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
WD-40??? You don't like your anime dvd's?

What zrdb said is the way to go if you want to clean your discs. While i rarely buy used dvd's, i do come across a deal now and again on them (anime and non-anime), that's usually how i clean them and it works pretty good (tho i don't use the alcohol too often, mostly on the really stubborn stuff).

#27802 - 10/02/11 12:36 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

This particular sticker is one of those "property of" stickers and covers the entire top of the disc. Some rental places did this to prevent people stealing the disc. I have another one that is from Hastings.

#27810 - 10/02/11 11:05 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Wow! I had no idea how destructive WD40 was to discs. I've never used it on any of my discs, only the cases; thankfully. Sorry about the bad advice. My bad. My knowledge was simply of WD40's effectiveness at removing glue. The thought hadn't crossed my mind that it might adversely affect a disc. This was very thoughtless on my part and I feel bad. I would have felt even worse had you damaged one of your DVD's/BD's/CD's based on information that I gave you.

#27812 - 10/02/11 11:18 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just finished Bastard!!, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Bastard kind of looked a bit like either Fist of the North Star or Berzerk in it's artstyle. Though it was kind of like a medieval version of DBZ in it's over the top spells/attacks. It kind of seemed there was a second part to this? Since the ending kind of left a couple of loose ends. Like Fist/Berzerk all the guys were rather tall and built like Arnold Swartzenegger, and all the girls were rather shapely and short. Even though there were different names in the credits (for the dub) it was pretty easy picking out Steve Blum, & Mona Marshall (who was playing a young boy like she does in several series).

As for Bloodlust, it's a lot longer than the original and there is a bit more action.
Of course the animation is a lot more fluid looking, and the supporting characters are a bit more interesting. However I still think it lacks the spooky feel of the original.

#27823 - 10/03/11 10:02 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Rewatched 5 Centimeters Per Second-good watch.

#27843 - 10/03/11 08:03 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just finished what is perhaps the weirdest, most random show with the most confusing plot (if there is one) FLCL...

Still don't get why it's so beloved, cause it is just random for no apparent reason.

Page 138 of 547 < 1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 546 547 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.