Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43079 - 10/06/12 05:52 AM Share your anime music collection
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Earlier this year my anime CD collection really took off. I've been buying what rightstuf had along with new and used CDs from sellers here in the U.S. and Japan. The most expensive new CD was the original Gunbuster box set ($110) which is my pride and joy. It includes the OP and ED by Noriko Sakai which are rare because she was blacklisted for drug charges--I don't think that's fair at all considering the lifestyles of American musicians.

The most expensive used CD was the OST to Gunfrontier ($60). My most expensive itunes purchase was the Sakura Taisen Song Box ($70) not bad considering it's 8 CDs. I buy from itunes Japan as well. J-box sells Japanese itunes cards if you're interested.

I scanned all my CD covers, copied all my itunes artwork and uploaded them online. I've listed my favorite tracks and artists for each as well. The pages are laid out like photobucket. I've seen most of what I own except for a few. http://animuze.com/gallery/index.php/My-Anime-Music-Playlist (124 albums, 963 songs, 2.2 days, 6.35GB)

Advertisement
#43080 - 10/06/12 10:15 AM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Wow, that's a really nice collection. smile
I'll try a bit later to scan and upload mine on image shack... but I'm really lazy so that might not happen for awhile. :P
Anywho I can tell you a few of the OST's I have:
Utena
Cardcaptor Sakura (love love LOVE that 3rd OP! smile )
Saber Marrionette J
.Hack/Sign
Panty & Stocking (So many awesome tunes! I really want to buy this series!)
Maze
The cd's packed in the L.E.'s of Haruhi & Lucky Star
Lum's best selection ( The first couple of OP/ED as sung by Lum's VA)
Pioneer's best selction (Some of their earlier stuff... In ENGLISH! It's actually kinda cool. smile )

Maybe a few other's, but that's about it.
You know which OST I really would love to get ( kicking myself for not doing so) Are the Key The Metal Idol OST's. That show had a lot of good song and I just love lullaby.

Edited by J.E.S. (10/06/12 01:29 PM)
Edit Reason: Cleaned it up to read a bit better

#43081 - 10/06/12 11:10 AM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Nambu Hakase Offline

Utena (tv) has a great soundtrack I wouldn't mind having. I bet the OST for Key Metal Idol is expensive. I'd like to see your Pioneer best selection. Emotion has one that's been on my wish list.

Edited by Nambu Hakase (10/06/12 11:13 AM)

#43083 - 10/06/12 12:32 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Most of my anime osts are flac downloads-I have a 64 gig usb flash drive plugged into the usb port on the front of my 3 month old Onkyo reciever full of them and they play with no difficulty. I have about 30 old Pioneer/Geneon ost cds. I think my favorite ost is the one from Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai)m the music is symphonic in scope.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#43086 - 10/06/12 01:47 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Let's see IIRC:

Gun X Sword (both CDs)
Tenchi Muyo! (the English dub version)
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Record of Lodoss War
Animatrix
Project A-KO
Trigun Spicy Stewed Donut
Read or Die (the OVA CD & both the TV CDs)
Macross Plus (both CDs)
Macross II
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Tenchi Muyo! In Love Movie Soundtrack
2 Love Hina CDs (something like "the best of Love Hina" & "Love Hina best hits")
Heavy Metal (yeah it's not anime, but it was animated)
Transformers The Anjmated Movie Soundtrack (sorta anime)
Daft Punk's Discovery (since it's the soundtrack to Intestella 5555)
Hi Hi Puffy Ayumi (popular Japanese group)

#43090 - 10/06/12 04:04 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Okay I took some shots of my Anime Ost collection.
I gotta say I've more than I remembered.
Forgive the quality of the pics. (Niether me or the camera are very good.)

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

And a close up of that Pioneer cd

It's Panime Best Of Best but it is the Pioneer cd I was talking about.
It's really cool on account of it has almost all of the Tenchi op & ed's in english (save for Tenchi in Tokyo & Magical project S and Mihoshi Special) Even the pretty Sammy OVA OP. As as as the English Op and ED's of some of thier earlier releases.

Also, I though of two other OST's I'd like: Noir and Madlax.
I really like the vocal pieces on both of them. Kajiura is a very good composer. smile

I also have quite a few Game OST's as well. ( if ya like I'll post them as well.)

@EricDent:
I love the Heavy Metal soundtrack!
So you can most certain keep that there. wink

Also I LOVE the Transformers The Movie (80's I assume) Soundtrack too!
I'm little bummed out though cause mine wont let me listen to the theme song any more. (it just skips over to next song. frown )

#43096 - 10/06/12 07:10 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Nambu Hakase Offline

Thanks for the replies. I get all psyched up talking about my CDs. smile I listen to them all the time on my ipod when I'm walking the dog. I looked at your lists which gave me some ideas. I ordered Daft Punk's Discovery used ($7 used). It's on Ama*** as a download too. I also ordered Panime Best Of Best ($9 used)--some of those shows I've seen in English. I found Key Metal Idol used for $7 too. I've seen all those show so I look forward to hearing them.

Game OST? I think my Power Dolls CD maybe a hybrid OST as far as that's concered. I haven't played video games in years so I wouldn't know them but you're welcome to post. I could make out a sailor moon CD and a couple cardcaptor CDs in your pics.

#43101 - 10/06/12 08:43 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
My humble anime music collection:

Symphonic Suite Akira (CD)
GunxSword Original Soundtrack 1 (CD)
GunxSword Original Soundtrack 2 (CD)
Croisee In A Foreign Labyrinth Background Music (CD)
Last Exile Original Soundtrack 1 (CD)
eX-Driver: The Movie Origianl Soundtrack (CD)
Daphne In The Brilliant Blue (CD)
Heavy Metal (CD)
Metropolis Original Soundtrack (CD)
Gunbuster Music Collection (iTunes)
Top wo nerae 2! Original Soundtrack+ (iTunes)

I heard video game music mentioned. Here's what I've got:

Chrono Trigger Orchestra Extra Soundtrack (CD)
The Last Story: The Premium Soundtrack (CD)
Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia (CD)
Shin Megami Tensei (CD)
The Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniversary Special Orchestra (CD)

#43109 - 10/06/12 09:32 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Nambu Hakase
Thanks for the replies. I get all psyched up talking about my CDs. smile I listen to them all the time on my ipod when I'm walking the dog. I looked at your lists which gave me some ideas. I ordered Daft Punk's Discovery used ($7 used). It's on Ama*** as a download too. I also ordered Panime Best Of Best ($9 used)--some of those shows I've seen in English. I found Key Metal Idol used for $7 too. I've seen all those show so I look forward to hearing them.

Game OST? I think my Power Dolls CD maybe a hybrid OST as far as that's concered. I haven't played video games in years so I wouldn't know them but you're welcome to post. I could make out a sailor moon CD and a couple cardcaptor CDs in your pics.

Your welcome. smile
I'll try not to be lazy and scan the covers at some point.
You know I forgot I got those Sailor Moon soundtracks as well as the shaman king ones (the ones to the right of the lucky star cd's)
I hope you like the Key OST.
And if you're looking for recommendations I'd definetly would endorse the .hack/Sign OST's. They have a very celtic vibe to them and that intro is pure dance awesomeness.

#43113 - 10/06/12 10:45 PM Re: Share your anime music collection [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Nambu Hakase Offline

I took a look at the Heavy Metal ost. There's a lot of great names on that album. That was a great movie. I had my mom take me to go see it when I was a kid 30 some years ago!

Quote:
I'll try not to be lazy and scan the covers at some point.
Whatever works for you. It's the best way I could figure out sharing my music online. Thanks for the recommendations. The soundtrack to .hack/Sign was the best part of the show.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.