Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 4 of 59 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58 59 >
Topic Options
#35900 - 04/07/12 10:25 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The bird statue will let you land where the statue is at, so do talk to all bird statues for your returns to it. I personally didn't have any problems with the Wiimotion+.

Advertisement
#35914 - 04/07/12 06:02 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Gevin]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: Gevin
I picked up Xenoblade. Instead of playing it, I finally started playing Skyward Sword. ...lol..

Hey, give me some advice! All of the bird statues offer to take me back up the sky. If I do this, when I fall back down, will I be able to choose where I land or will it be back at the beginning of the section?
I'm in the forest temple right now.
The game is fun, but the controls aren't as good as I'd like them to be. My bottom right to upper left swing can be read by the wiimote as being anything smirk
You can generally pick any bird statue within a region (green/red/yellow). There are however particular parts of the game in which skydiving activates plot points and will limit (or eliminate) your choices.

Regarding problems with controls:

Having the sensor bar in the "under the television screen" placement setting seems to yield the best results. Also important is to calibrate your Wii remote in the Wii System Settings. Furthermore, you can calibrate within the game itself. I usually do this when I fire it up. Also; if your camera's getting a little fussy in first person modes like when firing the sling(scatter)shot, press down on the control pad (cross pad) while in that mode and you'll be right as rain. Oh, and don't forget to measure the average distance that you sit from the T.V. screen while calibrating in the Wii System Settings. Many people don't think to fiddle around with these things, and once you do; you shouldn't have to again... unless you unplug the Wii. Even then it might remember your settings, I'm not sure. Take heart, I had no problem with the controls once I got used to them. Lastly, I got better results sitting in a chair than I did standing up; especially when bomb bowling. OMG I love bomb bowling! I also suggest dramatic sword motions, don't be shy; and don't forget your wrist strap!

#35932 - 04/08/12 03:11 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Discovered an odd fact today, apparently Fry's kinda goofed on the pricing of the Skylander Adventure Packs. Normally they run $20, but for some odd reason they have the price on the sticker at $20, but when you scan it, they ring up as $8.96. Which is the price of the single Skylander figures.

So I grabbed the Pirate Shores Adventure Pack (we were out of the Ice one, and the Dragon one has not been released). It comes with Terrafin an Earth Element Skylander (so I have 2 Earth, and it gives you a bonus if you have more than one), Ghost Swords (attack bad guys for a bit), and a flying treasure chest (let's you get an extra chest in each level, and works like a radar when you get close to the chest it gets greener).

The actual Pirate Shores level was kinda odd, since you don't really fight too many bad guys, you just play memory (which is timed). Since I am pretty good at that game, I got through it pretty quick.

You can also put the level things on the hub once per level to launch a pretty deadly attack. Darklight launches what looks like hail with a big magic explosion at the end, & Pirate launches a bunch of cannonballs.

#36066 - 04/11/12 12:31 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I just got done with an eight hour stint on Xenoblade Chronicles. I don't know what hurts more; my eyeballs from staring at the screen, or my head from trying to wrap my head around how insanely ginormous this game is. Xenoblade Chronicles is by far the most ambitious RPG on the Wii, and almost undoubtedly on any Nintendo system. The whole game world is on the corpses of two gods, locked in battle!

#36074 - 04/11/12 10:28 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Skullgirls and Pinball Arcade on the PSN/PS3.

Skullgirls is a nice looking fighting game and it plays very smoothly. However, it's also really hard. I'm talking Mortal Kombat 2 hard here.

Pinball Arcade contains real tables in an emulation. The graphics and physics are really good, but there are a few hiccups.

Edited by joelgundam01 (04/11/12 10:29 AM)

#36148 - 04/12/12 03:59 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Picked up an Air Skylander in Whirlwind (I think it's another girl, due to the cutesy attacks like rainbows).

And got an extra Tech Skylander in Drobot, just cause I heard it was pretty cool.

Will go hunting tomorrow for the elusive Dragon's Peak adventure pack.
It comes with a Fire Skylander in Sunburn.
Then I will get the Ice Peak adventure pack as well (maybe at work).
It has a Water Skylander called Slam Bam.

Kinda considering getting 2 of each element just to make it even.
So I would need a Magic, Air, Undead, and Life (after buying the adventure packs).

#36152 - 04/12/12 09:03 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Still having occasional annoyances getting my strikes to register the correct swing that I'm making, but I don't care that much. The rest of the game is fun enough. I just finished my first "Collosus" battle and am just fooling around at the moment & am collecting the flames to upgrade my sword.

(edit: Zelda talk)

#36153 - 04/12/12 09:47 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Gevin]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Gevin
Still having occasional annoyances getting my strikes to register the correct swing that I'm making, but I don't care that much. The rest of the game is fun enough. I just finished my first "Collosus" battle and am just fooling around at the moment & am collecting the flames to upgrade my sword.

(edit: Zelda talk)

The final Imprisoned fight is a blast.

I downloaded the Skullgirls demo last night whilee playing FF13 plan on trying that out tonight. I hear it is very MvC2 which scares me.

#36155 - 04/12/12 10:54 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
I downloaded the Skullgirls demo last night whilee playing FF13 plan on trying that out tonight. I hear it is very MvC2 which scares me.

I bought the game on Tuesday. It's a hard game to say the least, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. The biggest problem is that there's no command lists in the game, so you are pretty much on your own on figuring out the moves or searching the internet for the move lists.

#36178 - 04/12/12 08:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Found Dragon's Peak at a local Toys R Us, got Kingdom of Ice at Gamestop. I had enough credit after trading in the LEGO games, and reserving LEGO Batman 2 for Wii (you get a LEGO Lex Luthor key-chain for reserving), heck I even had $5 left over.

Also picked up Cynder an Undead Skylander (she is in several of the other Spyro games as well).

So I just need an extra Air, Magic, and Life.
That's it! I swear! (it is rather addicting...)

Page 4 of 59 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58 59 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.