Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 3 of 61 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 60 61 >
Topic Options
#35492 - 03/29/12 04:40 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
"Standing on the shoulders of giants..."

Advertisement
#35526 - 03/30/12 01:51 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
dark_producer Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Burnsville, MN
picked up armored core 5. to be honest i would have thought twice about it if i had known how multiplayer based it is, i mean the whole game pretty much revolves around it...i dont mind a little multiplayer every now and then but i tend to play games to get away from dealing with the maniacs in the world and i play them very casually, hopefully the people playing it are sane and not overly judgmental.

#35535 - 03/30/12 11:57 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: dark_producer]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

You and I are in the minority my friend. Have you noticed that the last two generations of games (say Wii and Gamecube eras for example) have all but eliminated bots/sims? There were a slew of first person shooters that had a spectacular and challenging single player campaign with multiple difficulty settings. The higher the difficulty, the more side mission/objectives, and subsequently; the more map you could explore. This was then combined with the fact that after you defeated (beat the pants off) the game, there was a multiplayer (in house, not internet) mode that featured customizable computer controlled enemies. Some of these gems even had level builders for this mode. I would sit up nights just building scenarios until the wee hours of the morning, and as you mentioned in your previous post; without the need for other players... that's what the enemy A.I.'s were there for. OMG I would fiddle with balconies and weapon placement and enemy behaviors and... well you get the idea. On a side note: This is one of the myriad reasons why I'm so ecstatic about Xenoblade Chronicles. It's a single player RPG and it's been said that even the most seasoned "quick play through" players won't complete it in under 70 -80 hours. Conversely; for completists it offers well over 120 hours of fun. To a single player guy like me that translates to probably closer to 150+ hours of fun. Whoopee!

#35804 - 04/05/12 03:32 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
As mentioned in the Off Topic Forum "What did you just buy (non-anime):

I decided to get the Skylanders (Spyro's Adventure) for the Wii.

This game is pretty fun & rather addicting. If you get seriously hooked you can end up spending a ton of money. This is due to the little figures they sell.
In order to unlock everything in the game you need a Skylander of each element. Of course there are several (air, water, fire, earth, life, death, magic, and tech). The game comes with 3 figures (magic, tech, and water), but you can buy new figures as well. There are 3 packs (with 3 different Skylanders), a single pack (with one Skylander), and adventure packs that come with one Skylander (plus a thing that unlocks a bonus level & 2 items that do different stuff). The 3 packs & adventure packs are $20, and the singles are $9.
So if you want to get all 32 of them it's pretty expensive. The neat thing about them is you can take them to your friends house and they will have whatever powers & abilities you had on your game, in their game. Yes it's Multi-platform and all of the toys work with all of the games (including 3DS, PC, Wii, PS3, and X-Box 360). You can also hook up your computer to the Internet and do stuff on the website with your Skylander through the wireless gate (uses a USB).

Of course apparently there are rare Skylanders, and ones "exclusive" to certain stores. Most of which are just re-paints of certain characters. Of course this brings up the rather ugly side, with people selling fake rare figures on EBay (they paint a normal figure the rare color). Also there are supposedly Gold & Silver ones out there somewhere.

Personally I might buy a couple random figures to unlock the stuff in the game, and save them for when Skylanders: Giants comes out.
BTW you also gain levels, and the highest is level 10, of course you can buy poweres in the game with the gold coins you get.

Picked up one extra Skylander (again only going to buy one of each element).
This one is the Life Element being Stealth Elf, one of only 3 female characters (that I know of). She uses daggers as the attack method, and is pretty fast.

#35813 - 04/05/12 06:21 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles goes on sale at 10:00a.m. tomorrow!

#35860 - 04/06/12 01:20 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

OK I switched up my idea. Got Bash (Earth Element) Skylander.
He is really slow, but hits really hard.
Probably getting Flameslinger for the Fire Element (ranged).
Then just pick the 2 coolest looking Undead & Air Element Skylanders I can find. That will be all, with exception of maybe getting all 4 adventure packs to do those levels.

I beat the main story of the game, so all I need to do is find all the stuff in the levels.

#35888 - 04/07/12 12:50 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Didnít just buy it, but I did just beat Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Now I am set for AC3.

#35890 - 04/07/12 01:07 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles impressed me from the moment I put it into the Wii. It's everything I hoped it would be. I'm overwhelmed (in a good way) by it's sheer size and complexity. It's visually stunning, and very anime-esque. So far I've been using the Classic Controller Pro. It's been awhile since I've been this happy with a controller in my hands. Now if I can just find time to play, so far I've only managed about an hour and a half.

#35894 - 04/07/12 01:32 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Nice! I might have to grab that one myself! I do have the Classic Controller as well (used it when renting Tatsunoku Vs Capcom).

I picked up Flameslinger (Fire Element), and the Darklight Crypt adventure pack that came with Ghost Roaster (Undead Element). It also comes with an Elixer (get health back), and an Hourglass (stops enemies for a bit).

Ghost Roaster has a dash attack that is basically a giant ghostly head (complete with cackling laugh) that seems to be unstoppable (and was rather annoying to fight him in certain boss battles). Flameslinger is very long range and is great for sniping.

The Darklight Crypt level was kinda short, but had a pretty cool idea.
It had these buttons that made you go from the normal world to ghost world.
Each world had different enemies or obstacles.

So now I just need Air, and according to a guy at work Whirlwind is the way to go.

#35899 - 04/07/12 09:14 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I picked up Xenoblade. Instead of playing it, I finally started playing Skyward Sword. ...lol..

Hey, give me some advice! All of the bird statues offer to take me back up the sky. If I do this, when I fall back down, will I be able to choose where I land or will it be back at the beginning of the section?
I'm in the forest temple right now.
The game is fun, but the controls aren't as good as I'd like them to be. My bottom right to upper left swing can be read by the wiimote as being anything smirk

Page 3 of 61 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 60 61 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.