Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 37 of 133 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 132 133 >
Topic Options
#40172 - 07/23/12 10:43 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I rushed through the first seaso. Of Adventure Time & am now totally ready for an additional season to release! Great show.
Watched Always Sunny In Philadelphia's Christmas special. It was funny. It probably just could have been lumped with one of the other season sets, but it was good. Very funny.
Lastly I watches The Lockout last night. Guy Pearce seemed to be trying to muster a performance somewhere between Kurt Russle from Escape From New York & Robert Downy Jr from Iron Man. Either way, the movie was a lot of fun &, while certainly a throw-away popcorn flick, a rather enjoyable watch.

Advertisement
#40174 - 07/23/12 11:14 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I've seen Adventure Time a few times as my little cousin loves that show. I can't wait for Legend Of Korra to go on sale. Just heard Viacom has approved a 3rd season. So awesome to see Korra getting 3 seasons like the Aang series got.

#40177 - 07/23/12 11:36 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Richard Harms]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Carnivale Finale shocked

This not the ending I had anticipated... that's an understatement to be sure. I was promted to watch quite a bit of the special features, which is something that I don't usually do until my 2nd or 3rd go around watching a show. Speaking of which; Carnivale, more than almost any other television show I've seen, warrants replay value. There are so many things to be seen, so many subtle facets to be discovered, so many concepts to grasp; I'm already excited. yummy Carnivale is another installment in my pantheon of reasons why I have become such a hopeless cinephile. I'm so glad that I bought the DVD sets, so that I might enjoy the majesty again and again.

#40196 - 07/24/12 12:32 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Wow we had a nice visit from the CTO of Right Stuf!

Watched All Star Superman: pretty good movie.

#40297 - 07/26/12 06:33 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Hulk Vs.

2 short movies dealing with The Hulk battling other super heroes.

Vs Thor was pretty good, had Loki controlling Hulk, but Hulk broke the spell (this was after they seperated Hulk & Banner) and went on a huge rampage. Of course Banner had gotten killed, but Thor & Loki went to get his soul. Then he re-merged with Hulk & calmed down to go back to normal. Saw Kari Wahlgren had a role as Amora in this.

Vs Wolverine was more of a Wolverine origin story, with Hulk thrown in. There was not really an ending since the two heroes just kept fighting. BTW Wolverine was voiced by Steve Blum.

#40336 - 07/28/12 02:01 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Watched part of the 1935 version of Dog of Flanders on TMC. Of course, this one has a happy ending. Not anything like the book and '97 anime version 'cause.

Click to reveal..
everybody dies at the end--the dog and the boy anyways

#40370 - 07/29/12 02:13 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam: A bunch of short movies about various DC comic characters.

First up Supes & Shazam (Captain Marvel) team up to take on the former chosen guardian of Earth, Black Adam. It was an origin story for Captain Marvel. Pretty decent action.

Next was Spectre: It was kinda odd. Spectre is a ghost that takes vengence on wrong doers. He pretty much just kills them, using stuff around the area.

Then was Green Arrow: Another good action one. Green Arrow is picking up Black Canary from the airport. But he gets involved with a young girl (whom is royalty). Has a pretty cool arrow duel with Merlyn, and after Vertigo is dispatched by Black Canary, he proposed to her.

Last we had Jonah Hex: Another odd one. A random bad guy gets killed by a towns "lady of the evening". The guy had a bounty on his head, so Jonah is after him. He subdues the woman and gets the body of the bad guy.
Then he leaves the woman down in a mineshaft with the bodies of all her other victims.

#40430 - 07/30/12 12:08 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Via Redbox

Underworld Awakeing: Good action, OK plot, bad CGI (especially the lycans). The ending pretty much screams "sequel!!!" as usual Kate Beckinsale looks nice in tight leather outfits. Glad I did not see this in theaters, cause it was pretty mediocre.

The Assault: a French movie about terrorists hijacking a plane. Not sure if they meant it as their version of 9/11, or what. The gist was Islamic fundamentalists take a plane hostage, and are planning to crash it into the Eifel Tower. Not sure if this was based on a true story, but it kept giving dates from 1994. A bunch of anti-terrorist cops finally get on the plane and get the bad guys. Still really don't get why about 30-40 people (possibly with some hard briefcases) could not take down 4 guys. Anyways it was an OK movie. Though some things were kinda puzzling (besides the above item). The one that was really confusing is the fact they had snipers that could see all 4 guys on the plane, and there were 4 of them. So just simultaneously shoot the bad guys through the windows of the plane, story over, case done, etc.

#40512 - 08/02/12 04:27 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Breeders (circa 1986)

So bad that it's good... well it was actually pretty bad, but I had fun watching it.

#40534 - 08/03/12 06:52 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
..... Total Recall .....

I saw the 12:01 am showing of Total Recall this morning
I have to say I thought it was a good remake, Kate Beckinsale & Jessica Biel were good choices for their roles, as was Colin Farrell.

Of course you can count on Kate Beckinsale to kick some serious butt in whatever Movie she is in.
And Jessica Biel did some fine butt kicking of her own.

There were some homage to the original here and there.
*More then just the triple breasted woman*
Remember: the woman at the check-in Gate.. "How long will you be staying?... 2 weeks" Ö.. you can't miss it.
Oh course thatís just one of them

Page 37 of 133 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 132 133 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.