Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 20 of 124 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 123 124 >
Topic Options
#35217 - 03/24/12 03:40 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
"...and all of a sudden, three's not such a scary number."

I just finished Farscape The Peacekeeper Wars, and a legendary adventure has come to a close; and a climactic one at that. I can't remember the last time I've been so deeply satisfied by a finale. *stands, claps, whistles, hoots, and hollers*

I truly feel that Farscape has pioneered a new chapter in science fiction. The creators of this show bit off more than anybody should be able to chew, and they chewed it up and spat out a dazzling gem. Everything about Farscape is beyond what most (creators and viewers) could handle. The storyline is epic, yet throughout it's five year span; remains coherent and engaging. The concept takes what most would initially see as a rehash of Buck Rogers and molds into something inventive and unique. Regarding the the effects... wow. The effects are a titanic culmination of prime animatronics, puppeteering wizardry (ala Henson), the best makeup (bar none), vanguard cgi (in it's infancy no less), meticulously detailed model work, breathtaking set pieces, and wondrous on location shoots. Most works would rely on one or two of these mediums; but not Farscape, oh no... and they pulled it off with aplomb.

My fire for great science fiction has been restoked... thank you Farscape.

Advertisement
#35224 - 03/24/12 07:23 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
I just finished Farscape The Complete Series...

WTFFFFFFFFF!

Now on to the Peacekeeper Wars ???
Yup. The Peacekeeper Wars is already in my DVD player.

grin

#35325 - 03/26/12 11:08 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just finished Farscape The Complete Series...

WTFFFFFFFFF!

Now on to the Peacekeeper's Wars ???
Yup. The Peacekeeper Wars is already in my DVD player.

I bought it the moment I saw it..

#35329 - 03/26/12 11:25 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Did you get your hands on Farscape The Complete Series yet? It was on your "wish list" IIRC.

#35332 - 03/26/12 12:32 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Did you get your hands on Farscape The Complete Series yet? It was on your "wish list" IIRC.

I jumped at the chance to get the Movie, but I知 not intrested in getting the Series.
I知 the same way with Star Trek, I really loved ALL ( and a whole lot more than Farscape )
of the Series, but I知 content with just having ALL of the Movies.
( plus a silly little, but endearing Film called "Free Enterprise" )

On The other hand because it only has 12 episodes I do have the Firefly Series.
( plus there痴 just that little something extra about it that made me get it )

#35371 - 03/26/12 10:33 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
samuraisgt Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Jacksonville,IL,US
new ep of Family Guy.gotta watch it

#35374 - 03/27/12 12:27 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I jumped at the chance to get the Movie, but I知 not intrested in getting the Series.
I知 the same way with Star Trek, I really loved ALL ( and a whole lot more than Farscape )

The impact of The Peacekeeper Wars is so much stronger if you watch the complete series first. The Peacekeeper Wars picks up right where the complete series left off, and is effectively season five and the series finale.

#35384 - 03/27/12 07:22 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

The impact of The Peacekeeper Wars is so much stronger if you watch the complete series first. The Peacekeeper Wars picks up right where the complete series left off, and is effectively season five and the series finale.

Well,Farscape & Lexx are on my wishlist at A***n

#35391 - 03/27/12 10:33 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I love special features, the more the merrier and Farscape has a lot.
So don稚 worry kiku, I am closer to wanting to get it then I may have been implying
( 15 hours of bonus features )

Farscape Special Features:
Farscape Undressed: The home-video premiere of the rarely seen, long-sought-after behind-the-scenes special
Three archival documentaries:
"In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson,"
"Making of a Space Opera,"
"Season Three: A Look Back with Executive Producer David Kemper"

Three Inside Farscape featurettes:
Villains
Visual Effects
Save Farscape

31 audio commentaries
Deleted scenes, director's cut scenes, and an alternate version of the season 2 premiere

#35399 - 03/27/12 05:19 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The Complete Series, much like The Peacekeeper Wars, is loaded to the hilt with special features. BTW I was at Barnes & Noble today and saw LEXX season 3 and season 4. I talked to the cashier and mentioned that I saw season 1 at Target. I further noted that it was odd that season 2 was unavailable and he agreed. He looked it up and said that it's due out in May. That means the whole shootin' match will be available soon. How cool is that? Do ya think you're gonna go for it? Do ya think I should go for it?

Page 20 of 124 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 123 124 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.