Page 14 of 75 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 74 75 >
Topic Options
#37679 - 05/16/12 02:41 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
I got an email today stating that Lexx: Complete Season 2 was placed on back order... brutal. I'm glad that I kept the receipt for seasons 1, 3, & 4; just in case. *fingers crossed*
I got it, I got it! My LEXX Season 2 came in the mail today. That makes it a complete series, and it matches the the other volumes to boot, although it's hard to tell considering the wildy variant running times and episode counts between the volumes. Who cares, they appear to match? Fair warning: Seasons two & four are crappacks, much like the Underworld Trilogy.

grin I'm so happy for you kiku grin
( and jealous )

Advertisement
#37778 - 05/18/12 02:28 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I was poking aroung Amazon the other day on my work computer (I can look but I can't order) and noticed that season 3 of Night Gallery has finally been released on DVD. I intended to order that plus season 2 when I got home but had a brain fart and forgot. It worked out well though because I got a heads up on the ANN forum about Amazon selling The Art of Osamu Tezuka-God of Manga book + DVD for $3.51 new so I added that to my order so I got it shipped free. I almost bought that book for a much higher price several times, glad I waited now.

And, at last, my Night Gallery collection is complete!

#37781 - 05/18/12 02:35 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: oldcharlie55]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: oldcharlie55
I was poking aroung Amazon the other day on my work computer (I can look but I can't order) and noticed that season 3 of Night Gallery has finally been released on DVD. I intended to order that plus season 2 when I got home but had a brain fart and forgot. It worked out well though because I got a heads up on the ANN forum about Amazon selling The Art of Osamu Tezuka-God of Manga book + DVD for $3.51 new so I added that to my order so I got it shipped free. I almost bought that book for a much higher price several times, glad I waited now.

And, at last, my Night Gallery collection is complete!

Night Gallery... Boy that brings back some memories grin

#37819 - 05/19/12 08:53 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I was in Costco today and just could not resist buying The Sergio Leone Anthology. This consists of 4 movies (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Duck, You Sucker), all uncut. Each film comes with a full DVD of extras (8 DVDs in total) in a digipak inside an embossed (and fairly sturdy) artbox with a booklet. All this for $12.99 was something I could not pass up.

The first three are the "Man With No Name" trilogy starring Clint Eastwood that pretty much defined the "spaghetti western". I saw them in the movies when I was young and I'm looking forward to being able to revisit them uncut. I'm especially interested to watch A Fistful of Dollars now that I have seen the film it was a remake of, Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo.

#37820 - 05/19/12 10:15 PM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: oldcharlie55]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: oldcharlie55
I was in Costco today and just could not resist buying The Sergio Leone Anthology. This consists of 4 movies (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Duck, You Sucker), all uncut. Each film comes with a full DVD of extras (8 DVDs in total) in a digipak inside an embossed (and fairly sturdy) artbox with a booklet. All this for $12.99 was something I could not pass up.

The first three are the "Man With No Name" trilogy starring Clint Eastwood that pretty much defined the "spaghetti western". I saw them in the movies when I was young and I'm looking forward to being able to revisit them uncut. I'm especially interested to watch A Fistful of Dollars now that I have seen the film it was a remake of, Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo.

The Man With No Name Trilogy, yep, Ive given copies of the Trilogy out as Christmas gifts.
I was going to watch Gilgamesh ( The collection came in a lousy Crappack )
tomorrow, but instead I may just watch the Trilogy, its been a while.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention oldcharlie55

#37825 - 05/20/12 12:14 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
The similarities between A Fistful Of Dollars and Yojimbo are striking.

#37833 - 05/20/12 02:33 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

"The Grey"
An Excellent Movie

#37835 - 05/20/12 02:36 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I'm keen on checking out The Grey. I'll do so as soon as the price is $15 or less.

#37838 - 05/20/12 02:58 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: Gevin]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Gevin
I'm keen on checking out The Grey. I'll do so as soon as the price is $15 or less.

Also check out Haywire & Taken

#37839 - 05/20/12 03:00 AM Re: What did you just buy (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The similarities between A Fistful Of Dollars and Yojimbo are striking.

Yup As well as Last Man Standing, with Bruce Willis

Page 14 of 75 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 74 75 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.